Which MCAT CBTs to take?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arc5005

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've heard AAMC offers a few, so I plan on trying those out, but wondering if there are any others I should consider, particular the expensive TBR ones. I've mainly been studying from their resources, and wondering if it's worth the expense to buy the CBT exams from the TBR website!?

Members don't see this ad.

Search function please. Answered dozens of times.

Altius and NextStep are the names I see brought up most often.

Reactions: 1 user
I've heard AAMC offers a few, so I plan on trying those out, but wondering if there are any others I should consider, particular the expensive TBR ones. I've mainly been studying from their resources, and wondering if it's worth the expense to buy the CBT exams from the TBR website!?

The feedback from this last year for our CBTs has been very pleasing, particularly for the science experiment passages and the psychology and sociology passages that felt like CARS passages. If you take the time to thoroughly review every question from our exams, then they can be one of the very best resources outside of the latest AAMC exams. However, because you have used our books, I would strongly suggest if you choose to get our exams, as well as the AAMC exams, you also get exams from one more source (just for the change in tone it will offer). Hopefully what you find is that our shortcuts and strategies (like for isoelectric point determination or lenses/mirrors analysis for instance) will make passages and questions from other sources extremely easy.

Good luck.

Reactions: 1 user