About the ads

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which pharmacy schools do not require Bachelor's degree?

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by PhoLover, Jul 19, 2010.

1. This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. PhoLover

PhoLover

Pre-Pharmacy

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Does anyone know which pharmacy schools do not require Bachelor's degree? I am thinking about applying to few pharmacy schools that does not require Bachelor's degree this year. I understand that the chance is low but it doesn't hurt to try and I heard that will increase my chance of getting in next year as a reapplicant.
  2. StanDizle4Shizl

StanDizle4Shizl

Pre-Pharmacy
  3. PhoLover

PhoLover

Pre-Pharmacy
    Awesome! Thanks you.
  4. lifeislovely

lifeislovely

Hi, just question on website you posted.
    I especially have question about notation in source you gave.
    a. no pre-pharmacy required for admission
    = does this mean 6a indicate 6 year pharmacy school program that do not require pre-pharmacy?
    b. pre-professional study required
    = what is pre-professional study? does this mean pre-requisite course for pharmacy school?
    c. 2 years pre-pharmacy required, accelerated
    = does this mean without being pre-pharmacy as undergraduate, impossible to even apply to those pharmacy school with such notation?
    Also, what is 2-3 program, 3-4 program, 4-2 program stand for?
    Do these mean undergraduate years-graduate years program respectively?
    Please reply me for detailed answer.
  5. lifeislovely

lifeislovely

Hi, I just wanted you to remind that this is my first time using this forum.
    Not only I have many questions on being pharmacist but I know so little about process.
    :oops:heh heh heh
    Please, I need help and I would appreciate for answering previous question I posted yesterday.
    If possible, are there same information uploaded in 2012? I only see 2010-2011 from reference you showed.
    Anyway, please reply me back.:luck:
  6. chemguy79

chemguy79 New Member Moderator Emeritus

SDN 7+ Year Member
    lifeislovely,

One reason why your questions have not been answered is that they have already been answered at the following link:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=198059

This is the Pre-Pharmacy FAQ. You should look through this link because all of your questions, AND MORE, are answered there!
  7. kcwang

kcwang

SDN 2+ Year Member
    That table is kind of weird, I am a bit confused as well. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong

Seems like... a = no pre pharm requirement needed,
    b = prepharm prerequisites needed

don't know about the 2 yr part in c, but I believe it's prepharm prerequisites required.

I believe you are correct on the 2-3, 3-4 and 4-2 because I know USC has a 7 years program for pharmacy + undergraduate. 3 yr undergrad + 4 yr pharm = 3-4

The best course of action for you would be call the school you are interested in and ask them how their programs work. A quick visit to their website would answer your questions as well. Also start with the link chemguy79 provided, all the information is there.
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2012