Which school is your first choice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NubianPrincess

Perpetually Bored
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Come on, share your dream school. In all honesty, I think that my first choice dream school is either UPenn or Duke. How about yours?

Members don't see this ad.

Harvard. That dual-degree program with the JFK School of Government makes me drool.

Members don't see this ad :)
just like everyone else's dream school..... UCLA. come on, don't lie

I've never even thought about a school so far away. California schools probably have very beautiful campuses.

My undergrad is really small and i'd like to keep it that way. Mayo by far!

UF or Mayo so far (dream within reach and dream way outta there!).

Wisconsin
I guess I am one of the few rare ones who's dream school is also the school they probably have the best chance of getting into. I'm either lucky or foolish for not dreaming of attending an extremely prestigious school.

Would I attend one of those prestigious schools if accepted, maybe, pending finances and location. But I just can't rationalize not attending a school near home with relatively cheap tuition and a decent reputation.

YzIa said:
Wisconsin
I guess I am one of the few rare ones who's dream school is also the school they probably have the best chance of getting into. I'm either lucky or foolish for not dreaming of attending an extremely prestigious school.

Would I attend one of those prestigious schools if accepted, maybe, pending finances and location. But I just can't rationalize not attending a school near home with relatively cheap tuition and a decent reputation.

Is that the Wisconsin that mass mailed April MCATer's a secondary look alike?

Probably Harvard, because I live in the area already and think the hospitals are great places to train.

Members don't see this ad :)
UMich, Baylor, and UTSW. :)

Then, any TX school. :D (cheap $$$ y'all!)

My dream school is Hopkins. Emphasis on "dream".

Umich, UPenn, WashU, Columbia, or Cornell. I'll be happy if I can only get into one of those.

Stanford, Penn, Hopkins, and then UT Southwestern (Texas Texas Yee-hah!)

If I get into UAB, I'll pretty much pack up my bags and not do anymore interviews. Unfortunately, I'm out-of-state, but I'm letting them know I'm theirs should they so choose.

NubianPrincess said:
Come on, share your dream school. In all honesty, I think that my first choice dream school is either UPenn or Duke. How about yours?

These schools are nothing alike. Durham v. Philly, you've gotta be kidding.

YzIa said:
Absolutely not, Wisconsin would be referring to the University of Wisconsin, the Big 10 Badgers.

The mass mailing came from the Medical College of Wisconsin which is a private medical school in WI, totally different.

Ok, that's cool.

I'm with you YzIa...I wanna be a Badger too! The whole not being from Wisconsin thing doesn't help, but I'm gonna try. Other than that, Mayo or Case Western

UCI...

AND I'M GOING THERE THIS FALL!!!!! Woo Whoo!

Any school that has strippers for the interviews. JK. Vandy :thumbup:

It alternates between Columbia, Yale and McGill

Definitely not Northwestern now though. Their PBL secondary question nearly drove me to the brink.

Also, the University of Hawaii would be awesome, if only I was applying there. Since my only connection to the state is seeing slides from my cousin's time share vacations there, I refrained.

Upenn, Columbia, Cornell... the three dream/reach schools I am applying to... three longshots, I can dream anyway. :love:

For prestige? Harvard, then Stanford.

As for which schools I think I will enjoy? UCSF, then Northwestern (yes, I know that these two are also prestigious) :)

Baylor--in the Texas Medical Center, high stats, only 1.5 years of textbook learning.... :)

Beautiful mountains, good curriculum, low tuition, close to home. What more could I ask for?

Pinkertinkle said:
Ok, that's cool.

If his dream school was MCW, would that be a problem? It was my first choice and I'm ecstatic to be going there.

Just because they sent a mass email doesn't mean they're a crappy school that doesn't deserve to be someone's dream school.

stanford. then ucla. although any cali school would give me a huge chub.

I have already applied early to Baylor........so naturally I'll be overjoyed if that works out.

But deep down inside I'd love to go to Wash U I think. I've heard great things about the school from those who have gone to interview before and I thought their program sounded really good based on all this info they put out.

California's really nice too...haha

Hm, any school where I'd be happy...

But for the sake of the thread: Mayo :)) ), UPenn, Duke, Wash U, Cornell, Hopkins ( :sleep: ) or Harvard ( :scared: )...dreams for MD/PhD...maybe not terribly off for MD, but who knows with this process

best of luck

wash u! gotta love that sexy sexy st. louis arch ;)

So, are these your top choices for any reason other than the thought of going to a "presitgious" school getting your rocks off?

me:
MSSM

I figure I've got a top 20 school 15 minutes from where I live now (UTSW), why go anywhere else.

Cerbernator said:
So, are these your top choices for any reason other than the thought of going to a "presitgious" school getting your rocks off?

me:
MSSM

dude, cerb, why are you always such an antagonistic sdn poster? just b.c you are a middle of the roader, and yes, i recall your post on that, doesnt mean you need to berate others for wanting to be in a good location and earn a good education. Why dont more people say mssm is their top choice? b.c being at a good school, top 20, means you are likely in a good location, and, to a large extent the school is well-rounded enough that you'll interact with other students that tend to be knowledgeable in their respective subjects. So stop accusing others of having tainted dreams.....

Peterock said:
These schools are nothing alike. Durham v. Philly, you've gotta be kidding.

No, I am not kidding. I am aware that Durham and Philly are nothing alike.

Oooh, just read the post before mine. Even if this is SDN, I don't see any reason why a post dedicated to sharing your fantasy schools should turn ugly. Everything doesn't have to be an argument.

Not interested in California at all, really. I don't want to live there.

Northwestern or MCW, pretty much. I don't have any Ivy-league aspirations, although I might if I do well on the MCAT.

Cerbernator said:

me:
MSSM

I've visited both of my two top choices and fell in love. :love: It doesn't matter that they are top 20 to me. They are probably long shots for me, but I can dream. :)