Which schools should I apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

puncho

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm about ready to apply and I don't wanna spend money on schools I won't have a shot at. My stats are mid-low 3 overall and low 3 science. I haven't taken the DAT yet, but assuming I get 20 Total Science, which should I cut out/add?

BTW, I am an american citizen, but no state school or WICHE

Arizona
Boston
Case Western
NYU
Creighton
Marquette
Pacific
Nova
Temple
Pitts
Maryland
Louisville

I know it's a lot of schools but I am not the strongest applicant so I need to "improve" my chances :oops:

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Good list of schools...the only WICHIE on there is Arizona but it is private so you have the same chance as everyone else

Make sure you have good LoR's and a killer essay :) I think that's what saved my butt :)

Some criteria that I used to narrow down to my choices are 1) location and 2) program reputation,and 3) school's acceptance stats/out-of-state student admittance. Choose schools that accept students with similar stats as you. Cost may be factor- but I wouldn't put it as one of the top priorities..since they all cost a fortune.

It looks like you picked and chose schools all over the US...the question is can you or will you be able to live far from home? Some people can, some can't...