Which test should I take again for just 1 more point? lol crummy dilemma

wrestler445

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to get into my #1 school of choice, University of Oklahoma.

The problem is the automatic acceptance reqs (i'm currently waitlisted) are just above what I got. For SAT, they want a 1170 (Math & Reading), I have a 1160. For the ACT, they want a 26, and I have a 25.

Which test would be easiest to take over in your opinion? Obviously it should be what is easiest for me; but I can't decide. I took the SAT twice, and this time I wouldn't really need to try on the writing section (which would help mentally); but I only took the ACT once, and didn't even study for it because I wanted to see how I would do for the hell of it.

Based on the above info about me, If i take the next 3 weeks to study for the ACT, I should definitely get a better score. The plus side for retaking the SAT is that I would have until May to study, whereas I would only have 3 weeks for the ACT. My only concern is that I did study for the SAT the second time I took it, and only improved by 70 points. I don't know if I can get much higher in just a month and a half.

Any suggestions and comments are appreciated! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hmm...is it possible for you to take both? Correct me if i am wrong but i believe after my graduating HS class (08), you are now allowed to choose which scores you want to be reported from atleast the SATs. So why not just take both and that way you could only report the one you scored higher in.

One point wont hurt your chances from getting an acceptance.

no need to retake, what if you retake and score lower?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmm...is it possible for you to take both? Correct me if i am wrong but i believe after my graduating HS class (08), you are now allowed to choose which scores you want to be reported from atleast the SATs. So why not just take both and that way you could only report the one you scored higher in.

This is a good idea.. However very unappealing :D
I'll study hard for the next 3 weeks, take the ACT and see if I feel up to doing it all again for the SAT. Thank you very much for bring this up I never thought of taking both!

One point wont hurt your chances from getting an acceptance.

no need to retake, what if you retake and score lower?

Well basically my dealio is University of Oklahoma's automatic admissions is an ACT of 26, or a SAT of 1170 (Math+Reading), and I have a 25 ACT and 1160 SAT. Anything below their automatic admissions reqs and you get waitlisted. To guarantee my spot I would like to re-test and get that extra point to insure my admission.

This is a good idea.. However very unappealing :D
I'll study hard for the next 3 weeks, take the ACT and see if I feel up to doing it all again for the SAT. Thank you very much for bring this up I never thought of taking both!

Well basically my dealio is University of Oklahoma's automatic admissions is an ACT of 26, or a SAT of 1170 (Math+Reading), and I have a 25 ACT and 1160 SAT. Anything below their automatic admissions reqs and you get waitlisted. To guarantee my spot I would like to re-test and get that extra point to insure my admission.

oh i see, hmm that sucks..
Well if you really want to go retake it, but you might have a chance regardless.

Its up to you tho

Thanks torshi. I did decide to sign up for the ACT again. I have ~3 weeks and I figure if I study hard there's not reason not to shoot for about a 30 (first time I got a 25 and didn't study; this time around I'm studying 3 hrs a day).

I'd rather not risk hanging out on the waitlist *shudder* ;)