Who got their ISP today?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well my friend this Army doc is still waiting for his ISP which will be the second year in a row Oct came and went without signing for my 'Oct' bonus. So you are not alone.
I found this forum by searching for others that have had problems with not receiving their bonuses. Husband still does not have his ISP or MSP. Didn't get it last year until end of October. The year before that he was deployed and I had to call out congressman to get our bonus. No one could ever give us an answer why we did not receive bonus on time. The personnel office at our hospital is useless. The personnel office just informed us that they did not send our paperwork in to OTSG until Oct 27th because they were waiting to see what out bonus amounts were going to be. Has anyone out there has the same experience? Phone calls made to OTSG go unanswered? Voice mail boxes are full...What else would I expect out of government employees.
If there are any Army docs out there would you mind telling me if you got any your bonuses?

Members don't see this ad.

I did not apply for it. I will be getting out.

The personnel office just informed us that they did not send our paperwork in to OTSG until Oct 27th because they were waiting to see what out bonus amounts were going to be.

Not to be an ass, but seriously, you called a congressman about that???

Anyway, your complaint that they waited until oct 27th is valid, but you're complaining about the wrong group. The personnel folks have to wait on the messages to be released by the services which is then predicated on Congress signing off on a bill each year. So it's not going to happen until October each year anyway, that's when the new fiscal year is, this year was crazy because they (congress) didn't sign off the bill for quite a while.

So although you may be mad at personnel/OTSG you're complaining to the wrong people. Then again, maybe that call to Congress was warranted, they're the culprits in the end.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not to be an ass, but seriously, you called a congressman about that???

Anyway, your complaint that they waited until oct 27th is valid, but you're complaining about the wrong group. The personnel folks have to wait on the messages to be released by the services which is then predicated on Congress signing off on a bill each year. So it's not going to happen until October each year anyway, that's when the new fiscal year is, this year was crazy because they (congress) didn't sign off the bill for quite a while.

So although you may be mad at personnel/OTSG you're complaining to the wrong people. Then again, maybe that call to Congress was warranted, they're the culprits in the end.

I do not think you are an ass. If you have put up with the pay hassles we have had in the past three years you would be calling your Congressman also.

Yes I did call my Congressman (2 years ago). Spouse was deployed and our personnel and command got not answers from OTSG. I would have hoped the Command group would have been on top of the pay issue when one of their own is deployed. (That is another story...and a complete other thread. There is lack of concern for any family members of deployed docs at many of our military hospitals.) Spouse has been on active duty for 20 plus years. The past three years have been the worst. ISP has always been deposited in the bank Oct 1. The other times in the past when ISP was late it was due to our personnel sitting on the paperwork. If you are lucky enough to get the special pay branch to answer their phones they will tell you when they received the paperwork from you personnel office. There has been a few times I have caught folks lying to me. You have to understand the frustration. Look back at the posts, there is no rhyme or reason how folks are getting their bonuses.

I finally got my October ISP, Dec. 7th. This is not aimed at any of us on the forum, but I am sick of this being called a 'bonus'. This is not a bonus, this is something promised to us from day #1. They use the specialty pays on commercials to advertise for medical corps recruitment. My wife and I have finally learned that we need to plan for a Dec. (or Jan) ISP check. Yes, Congress is partially to blame but when I got in contact with my personnel office, with the right person who had an fn clue, the contract was sitting on somebody's desk. All I can recommend is staying on top of the personnel folks until you talk to someone who actually cares.