who here did worse on the mcat?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hippocampus

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
please someone shoot me

Members don't see this ad.

I dropped 3 points and I feel like I have no chance of getting in. Does anyone know what happens? Do they take your higher score and how much does it hurt when you have such a big drop?

hippocampus said:
please someone shoot me

17..................................................................................................................................

I feel real defeated....I've never worked so hard in my life this summer. I had a 22M going into the game as a previous score. My last practice test range was 26-28...got a 24N. Real depressed...no one understands the importance of this score but SDNers...I had one interview that I felt real good about and said I felt I increased my score at least 4 points. Well oops. I feel like my chances are shot especially since I applied to schools in my direct area because my husband is in school. I'm totally bummed.

Members don't see this ad :)
I went down where I didn't want to, but went up in the section I needed to. OVerall worse. Hate this test.

you feel defeated i freaking have taken this damn test 3 times and made a 20 then a 25 and finally after studing for 3 months strait hardcore i end up with a F@#$ING 23. i think i hate every one right now!!! i guess i better start packing my bags for an over seas med school

Yes, I went down. It was because I consistently scored 2 pts. higher on verbal. Oh well, the wait is over.

Anyone else want to throw up? I'm trying to pick myself up and say "come on you can make some changes and still make it." But I feel sick. I want to scream.

JKDMed said:
I went up 3 points to a 25 and I'm happy. It's not the best score, but considering I put 2 weeks total into both administrations I can't really bitch.

Luck for us all this cycle. :luck:
If your score was low to start with why spend so much money to retake it if your only gonna half heartedly think about it and not even spend decent time prepapring for it?
Seems like a colossal waste to me.

Megalofyia said:
If your score was low to start with why spend so much money to retake it if your only gonna half heartedly think about it and not even spend decent time prepapring for it?
Seems like a colossal waste to me.

Ok, what the hell is your problem?

To answer your question, it was a bit hard to find the time between working, looking for a FT job to support my family, and taking classes.

JKDMed said:
I went up 3 points to a 25 and I'm happy. It's not the best score, but considering I put 2 weeks total into both administrations I can't really bitch.

Luck for us all this cycle. :luck:

That's exactly what happened to me - I went up 3 points to a 25. What a coinky-dink. :p

JustR said:
20 N
2 on my verbal and I can't believe

Wow...did you really get a 2 on verbal?

Maybe you accidentally frame shifted your scantron on this section?

Members don't see this ad :)
cosmicstarr said:
Wow...did you really get a 2 on verbal?

Maybe you accidentally frame shifted your scantron on this section?

i think i hve the worst mcat score so far...good for yu all...depresseing for me...i still don't know how to break the news to my parents...mannnnnnnn

DepressedPremd said:
i think i hve the worst mcat score so far...good for yu all...depresseing for me...i still don't know how to break the news to my parents...mannnnnnnn

hey, i totally feel for you. i would suggest going to sleep early and releasing all your emotions today. it hurts im sure, but you will get through it. never lose hope for the future.

JustR said:
20 N
2 on my verbal and I can't believe

hey buddy take heart my man, i got a 2 in the verbal in april (i'm positive i misbubbled). but now i retook and i did better. I konw it's heartbreaking but hey, retake in april, i'm sure you'll be okay. you'll be fine, you'll be a doctor, just put your mind to it.

"have hope for the future" well that is more positive than i am feeling right now! i really have no hope for the future at the moment. i just want to walk infront of on coming traffic. depression is an understatment of what i am feeling right now.

I also put in almost the same time as you, jkmed, and I sank a lot of money into applications too.
I'm not gonna be a whiny little b.itch about my score though. I am a total jackass and I deserve it.

jtank said:
hey, i totally feel for you. i would suggest going to sleep early and releasing all your emotions today. it hurts im sure, but you will get through it. never lose hope for the future.

easy for you to say with your 34 mcat score

gozeemer said:
I did by alot...and its getting me kicked outta the house

Dang man...I hope everything works out for you. This test does not entirely determine your life and it is not the end of the world. I'm saying this now but if someone told me this 5 months ago when I got my April scores, I wouldn't feel much better. But the thing is, it's true. You still have many chances to do better if you stay persistent. I really hope your situation gets more positive.

NapeSpikes said:
That's f-ed up. :(

ive been on a horrendous string of bad luck for the past 3 years...nothing at all has gone well...time to hang up the coat, and move on...if ive learned anything from all this crap is that life somehow does move on, as much as I dont want it to...oh well..gtg pack some clothes and books

I can't believe that, gozeemer. your parents are supposed to help you out and encourage you, not kick you out because you had a bad day. Let us know if we can do anything to help. I feel bad for ya. :(

I went down 2 points from my previous 24Rs. yes, that's plural because I got a 24R both times I've taken this test before.

I went from 7 PS to 8 PS to 6 PS. :mad:
My verbal was 9, 8, and then 9
My bio went from 8 to 8 to 7.
My writing has been R and R and R. Are they mocking me?

I'm ready to give up. But this is my dream so I will try again. You guys are not alone, but we will rise above this and do better! :luck: