Who is NOT verified, and when did you submit?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

akimbo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Me. :mad: I submitted on 6/17, all transcripts in. It just says "active". I'm getting paranoid.

Make me feel better... who else is waiting?

Members don't see this ad.

It's only been five days. My boyfriend submitted on the 14th and is still not processed, so I assume there's a bit of randomness to the system. Chill out and come worry in two weeks if it's still not verified.

I submitted on the 6/15 and was just verified this morning. Wait a couple of days and if you still aren't verified, shoot them an email

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks, both of you. Sometimes I need a reality check.

Does it really take them about three weeks to verify if we submit in july?

I just got processed today :D :D :D

Now the Wait for the Secondary starts.

Does the torture never relent?? For Pete's sake!

I submitted my app yesterday but ordered my transcripts last week. And the transcript I ordered for myself at the same time arrived yesterday. But my app still says they're waiting on my transcript

Not verified yet, of course! I figure I'll wait until Thursday before freaking out. Thursday at 4 pm sounds like a good time to freak out, let me pencil that in.

i submitted on the 15th and got verified today. relax folks, it should happen before the end of the week

The week-long (or less) wait time for you to get verified is your reward for getting your application in early. People that submit in late July/August last year were getting wait times for verification in excess of four weeks. Relax. You're on top of the game.

So, I didn't submit this year (last year) so forget the dates. I do remember, though, that it took a couple of weeks. And what chapped my hide was that, even though my submission was way early, AMCAS didn't "transmit" ANYBODY's application until like mid July. I was ticked, because I thought that I was going to be at the very front of the list in the "exclusive" zone. Wasn't so.
On a side note, my buddy is pretty smart and has good grades and scores, yet he didn't get accepted to dental scool (sorry, wrong board). Turns out ADSAS lost his payment like 3 times. He got it in in August, but nothing was transmitted until December. Moral? Keep an eye on those apps and don't take "no" for an answer.

I went through the process last year and the AMCAS website says you can wait as long as 6 weeks in peak periods. Long story short, despite several phone calls and emails...I didn't get verified until 10 weeks after submission, which put me at a great disadvantage in my mind (rolling admissions and all). So if you still haven't heard after 4 weeks at the most...I'd start bugging the hell out of them. It eventually took an extremely strong worded email to get their attention and I was verified the very next day. Lesson...be patient but don't wait too long.

vandypatty said:
I went through the process last year and the AMCAS website says you can wait as long as 6 weeks in peak periods. Long story short, despite several phone calls and emails...I didn't get verified until 10 weeks after submission, which put me at a great disadvantage in my mind (rolling admissions and all). So if you still haven't heard after 4 weeks at the most...I'd start bugging the hell out of them. It eventually took an extremely strong worded email to get their attention and I was verified the very next day. Lesson...be patient but don't wait too long.

TEN WEEKS?? That's horrible! Well, glad to hear that sending strongly worded emails actually make a difference. AMCAS seems like this huge impersonal machinery - good to hear that our actions can make a difference. What general time of the summer did you submit, if I may ask?

Me: submitted June 18th. Not verified yet. It seems that basically anyone who submitted after April MCAT scores came out is having to wait longer than those who submitted before. I used to wonder "how early is early?" and I guess the definitive answer is: before April MCATers get their score! That is, if you want to be verified in fewer than 5 days. I doubt we late-June submitters should have much of a problem, but then, with AMCAS, you never know.

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't remember the exact date but I know I waited longer than I should have and hit it at its peak period. I started getting a little nervous after four weeks but didn't want to be that nagging little applicant who complained about an already busy system. I think it was around mid July when I initially sent it in and add ten weeks to that and there you go. I think when I finally got through, somebody realized they had screwed up and my app was fastracked for verification. But overall, I feel like it's partly my fault for submitting later rather than earlier. For those of you who will go through it next year (or have yet to submit), get on it as soon as you can. When the schools say it helps your chances they aren't lying.

Kazema said:
I figure I'll wait until Thursday before freaking out. Thursday at 4 pm sounds like a good time to freak out, let me pencil that in.

:laugh: Tomorrow at 4PM sounds good to me as well. I'll stay calm until then. Freakout scheduled from 4:00PM - 4:15PM.

Took 6 weeks last application cycyle for me. Your waiting will vary so be patient. It will happen.

Sorry folks... this whole process is a big waiting game. :scared:

I submitted 6/17 as well, and got my confirmation e-mail this morning at 11 am. Be patient; if you haven't gotten it yet you will very soon. Best of luck.

akimbo said:
:laugh: Tomorrow at 4PM sounds good to me as well. I'll stay calm until then. Freakout scheduled from 4:00PM - 4:15PM.

Pencil me in with you, won't you? Should work out well since I will be at my volunteer job at the free medical clinic...I can just see it now.... :laugh:

I submitted on 6/20. My application was on "hold" until today (6/23), because I attended the same school twice, once as an undergrad and once as a postbacc, and AMCAS wouldn't count my transcript twice! (They also told me NOT to send in a second one...) The transcript arrived on May 11, and since then I've called 7 times and emailed 5 times. Today they finally agreed that something was wrong and they put in a transcript exception request for me. So now my application is "active."

Is it true that July and August are the really heavy months for people submitting? Is June a little less crowded? I hope so... I have no doubt that with five transcripts in their files, AMCAS is just going to go crazy over my application and take forever.

The freaking out is starting to build. They still don't have my transcript! Damn you US Post Office!

pushkin said:
I submitted on 6/20. My application was on "hold" until today (6/23), because I attended the same school twice, once as an undergrad and once as a postbacc, and AMCAS wouldn't count my transcript twice! (They also told me NOT to send in a second one...) The transcript arrived on May 11, and since then I've called 7 times and emailed 5 times. Today they finally agreed that something was wrong and they put in a transcript exception request for me. So now my application is "active."

Is it true that July and August are the really heavy months for people submitting? Is June a little less crowded? I hope so... I have no doubt that with five transcripts in their files, AMCAS is just going to go crazy over my application and take forever.

i called them a little bit ago and i asked the guy approx. how long it would take to verify at this point in the "season" and he still gave me the standard 4-6 weeks crapola. i just went active today too so hopefully this is still before the big rush...

I heard the "4 - 6" weeks thing a couple days ago too. Maybe we even talked to the same person at AMCAS. After 7+ calls to them, I'm starting to learn their names and recognize the voices. There aren't that many people answering the phones.

I hope that 4-6 weeks thing is just something they tell everyone. I really hope they are faster than that!

Do you think that once they verify everything, it's done and over with? The reason I'm asking is I just E-mailed AMCAS with a concern and I don't want them to freak out and un-verify an already processed application.

Once it is verifed it is done and over with sorry. There are only like a few things that *you* can change from now on like adding schools is one...