Program-Specific Info / Q's Who's applied to LLU MOT program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Agghh I got impatient and emailed Crystal asking if she knew how long after we submit our videos we can expect to hear back with a decision. She said they made their decision today but admissions usually takes a few days to send out the letters. I'm assuming it's bad news since Gerb1919 got her acceptance via email :(
This is such a bummer! I really wanted an acceptance (like everyone else)- It feels like I'm never going to be an OT. Was it today that they said they made their decision?

Members don't see this ad.

This is such a bummer! I really wanted an acceptance (like everyone else)- It feels like I'm never going to be an OT. Was it today that they said they made their decision?

Yup. She said they just sent up the decisions today to admissions; admissions will take a few days to mail out the letters, so expect a letter within the next week or so. I read some of the old threads and some of the people back then just received an admissions letter without getting an email first. Let's HOPE they still do this. Their whole process has changed this year though so who knows.

Yup. She said they just sent up the decisions today to admissions; admissions will take a few days to mail out the letters, so expect a letter within the next week or so. I read some of the old threads and some of the people back then just received an admissions letter without getting an email first. Let's HOPE they still do this. Their whole process has changed this year though so who knows.

Hi All,

Just found out that I'm on the alternate list. I called yesterday to follow up but they did not disclose any info over the phone so I tried to check my llu portal today and that's where I found out my application status. Hope this helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
:boom::wtf: I am super bummed. I'm on the alternate list, also. I found out on the llu portal, too. I just found out right now, because I checked my portal yesterday, but I guess it wasn't updated yet when I checked it.

@Hope2BeOT , does your portal say anything? Looks like we'll see each other at the WCU info session unless we get good news from USC by then.

@Hope2BeOT , does your portal say anything? Looks like we'll see each other at the WCU info session unless we get good news from USC by then.

I just checked and I'm also on the alternate list :( I guess it's better than a rejection but I never got off the alternate list at CSUDH and I was in the top 10 so I'm not feeling very confident. Does anyone know if we call, will they disclose our positions on the alternate lists? Ahhh so bummed. @DaisyMama, I really hope we hear some good news from USC.

Reactions: 1 user
I just checked and I'm also on the alternate list :( I guess it's better than a rejection but I never got off the alternate list at CSUDH and I was in the top 10 so I'm not feeling very confident. Does anyone know if we call, will they disclose our positions on the alternate lists? Ahhh so bummed. @DaisyMama, I really hope we hear some good news from USC.
I have no clue. Post here if you find out if they let us know our position.

Last edited:
@Hope2BeOT , do you know when we should hear from USC?

I emailed Crystal and it sounds like they don't really have positions. She just said that all of the applicants on the alternate list would be considered if someone gave up their spot. She said no one has declined their acceptance so far, but not everyone has confirmed either.

As for USC, I emailed Sarah Kelly and she just said that they've begun reviewing the applicants who meet or exceed the minimum gpa/gre requirements. Sometimes they contact students with strong applications early, otherwise after they review those apps, they'll move onto the applications that don't meet the requirements. She said most applicants should hear from them by the end of March.

@DaisyMama, I noticed this is your second year applying. I HOPE we both get in this time around, but if not do you have plans to reapply next year? Getting on the alternate list at LLU has really got me started thinking about what I'm going to do next year if I don't get in anywhere this year. I really don't know if there's much that I could do to boost my chances of getting in next year since I believe it's my undergrad gpa that is holding me back so much. Feeling super blah right now :(

I emailed Crystal and it sounds like they don't really have positions. She just said that all of the applicants on the alternate list would be considered if someone gave up their spot. She said no one has declined their acceptance so far, but not everyone has confirmed either.

As for USC, I emailed Sarah Kelly and she just said that they've begun reviewing the applicants who meet or exceed the minimum gpa/gre requirements. Sometimes they contact students with strong applications early, otherwise after they review those apps, they'll move onto the applications that don't meet the requirements. She said most applicants should hear from them by the end of March.

@DaisyMama, I noticed this is your second year applying. I HOPE we both get in this time around, but if not do you have plans to reapply next year? Getting on the alternate list at LLU has really got me started thinking about what I'm going to do next year if I don't get in anywhere this year. I really don't know if there's much that I could do to boost my chances of getting in next year since I believe it's my undergrad gpa that is holding me back so much. Feeling super blah right now :(
I know, I can relate. It's so terrible to get waitlisted/rejected. Thanks for the info.
To clarify, this is my first year applying to LLU and USC but my second year applying to CSUDH. Last year, I thought the tuition was too high so I didn't even consider applying to USC or LLU, but after getting rejected, I figured that I'd better try more schools to increase my chances. Actually, the OT that I observed was a (doctoral) graduate of USC and really encouraged me to apply-telling me not to worry about the cost. Well, now we will see what happens. If I don't get into USC (or LLU, which I prob won't), I will apply to WCU (it's cheaper, even though I didn't want to go to that type of private school, but oh well).

If I don't get into WCU, then I will somehow get a brain transplant, or study really hard AGAIN to improve my quantitative GRE score and apply to all schools again with hopes of getting into CSUDH (my first choice)! I also plan on applying to SJSU and maybe Samuel Merrit. There's a slight possibility I will apply to some super cheap out of state schools, like in Ohio, New Jersey or Alabama or somewhere like that.

My main problem is that I am pretty limited to Southern Cali cause I have a husband, daughter, and husbands family here in CA along with my daughters cousins who are her playmates. I don't want to uproot her, but I want to become an OT. Oh yeah, and there's my husbands job here, too. But I am going to get in somehow. I just don't want to be a teacher anymore. I want to be an OT and know it's the right fit for me so I'm going to keep trying.

I know, I can relate. It's so terrible to get waitlisted/rejected. Thanks for the info.
To clarify, this is my first year applying to LLU and USC but my second year applying to CSUDH. Last year, I thought the tuition was too high so I didn't even consider applying to USC or LLU, but after getting rejected, I figured that I'd better try more schools to increase my chances. Actually, the OT that I observed was a (doctoral) graduate of USC and really encouraged me to apply-telling me not to worry about the cost. Well, now we will see what happens. If I don't get into USC (or LLU, which I prob won't), I will apply to WCU (it's cheaper, even though I didn't want to go to that type of private school, but oh well).

If I don't get into WCU, then I will somehow get a brain transplant, or study really hard AGAIN to improve my quantitative GRE score and apply to all schools again with hopes of getting into CSUDH (my first choice)! I also plan on applying to SJSU and maybe Samuel Merrit. There's a slight possibility I will apply to some super cheap out of state schools, like in Ohio, New Jersey or Alabama or somewhere like that.

My main problem is that I am pretty limited to Southern Cali cause I have a husband, daughter, and husbands family here in CA along with my daughters cousins who are her playmates. I don't want to uproot her, but I want to become an OT. Oh yeah, and there's my husbands job here, too. But I am going to get in somehow. I just don't want to be a teacher anymore. I want to be an OT and know it's the right fit for me so I'm going to keep trying.

Thanks, DaisyMama, your determination is encouraging. I too would like to stay in Southern Cali so I can stay close to my family and loved ones, but we'll see what happens. I guess we just gotta take things one day at a time for now. At least this forum provides some solace :)

@Hope2BeOT @DaisyMama and @JNA4OT
Hello. I was on my computer today and thought I'd look at what's new on this forum. I read that a couple of you were put on the Alternate List. I received an email from Loma Linda in December about being placed on the Alternate List and then received a letter in the mail a couple weeks later. I heard from them during the Christmas season and I waited to contact them until the university's office were open in January. I was told that the list was not ranked and was told that I would hear from the school by April the latest when all applications were looked and all spots were filled. I asked them what I could do as I waited, and Madge and Crystal always provided me with answers to my many questions. Luckily, I was accepted last week. I'd really advise you guys to call and see what you can do in hopes that a spot or 2 open up. Best of luck to you all!

Last edited by a moderator:
@Hope2BeOT @DaisyMama and @JNA4OT
Hello. I was on my computer today and thought I'd look at what's new on this forum. I read that a couple of you were put on the Alternate List. I received an email from Loma Linda in December about being placed on the Alternate List and then received a letter in the mail a couple weeks later. I heard from them during the Christmas season and I waited to contact them until the university's office were open in January. I was told that the list was not ranked and was told that I would hear from the school by April the latest when all applications were looked and all spots were filled. I asked them what I could do as I waited, and Madge and Crystal always provided me with answers to my many questions. Luckily, I was accepted last week. I'd really advise you guys to call and see what you can do in hopes that a spot or 2 open up. Best of luck to you all!
thanks, @gerb1919 . I can't believe they already had a waitlist in December!! Well, if I don't get in anywhere this cycle, I will be the first one applying next year! That way, they can have my completed application to review early. Good luck on your path to becoming an OT!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone been taken off the wait list and admitted? Or denied?

Got the call I've been waiting for...I was taken off of the alternate list!
I'm accepted! :zip::soexcited::clap::nod:

Reactions: 1 users
So happy for you DaisyMama congrats!!!! I know you been waiting forever to hear those words. :D

Hey everyone, I just got an email that I was invited to the video portion for the LLU application and I was wondering if you had any tips for it since you all completed one last year?

Hey everyone, I just got an email that I was invited to the video portion for the LLU application and I was wondering if you had any tips for it since you all completed one last year?
I suggest being yourself. I know they received a variety of types of videos and they have their own reasoning for their selections, so just put your best foot forward and be authentic. Good luck! It's a great program, I wish you the best!

And congratulations for making it to video portion! :)

Just wondering if there are other people applying who are in the same boat as me. I just made it to the video portion today after emailing Madge about my application status. She replied that they were reviewing my application, and then an hour after I got an email from her inviting me to do the video portion. I hated to be that person, but I can't stand the anticipation. Anyways, they only gave me a week to complete the video portion, I am wondering if any other people who are applying for this cycle are also getting this short amount of time to complete this portion. I really hope to get into the program, but have never made a video before. I will take what you guys did for the previous cycle and hopefully nail the video.

Just wondering if there are other people applying who are in the same boat as me. I just made it to the video portion today after emailing Madge about my application status. She replied that they were reviewing my application, and then an hour after I got an email from her inviting me to do the video portion. I hated to be that person, but I can't stand the anticipation. Anyways, they only gave me a week to complete the video portion, I am wondering if any other people who are applying for this cycle are also getting this short amount of time to complete this portion. I really hope to get into the program, but have never made a video before. I will take what you guys did for the previous cycle and hopefully nail the video.

Hi! I remember only having a week to do the video portion as well! It's stressful but it's doable! Just be yourself when answering the questions! They really want to get to know you through it! It's a really good program! Good luck!

Hi! I remember only having a week to do the video portion as well! It's stressful but it's doable! Just be yourself when answering the questions! They really want to get to know you through it! It's a really good program! Good luck!
Yeah, seriously stressing, I'm still finishing up my last pre-req (med-terminology), while planning out this video, and working a full-time job. I really want to get in! I applied late, but I've gotten this far, hopefully I get in!

Yeah, seriously stressing, I'm still finishing up my last pre-req (med-terminology), while planning out this video, and working a full-time job. I really want to get in! I applied late, but I've gotten this far, hopefully I get in!
I was in progress too! Just make sure you update Madge with your grades once you get them and you'll be fine :) it's a stressful time but all that hard work will pay off later!

I did also get one week to do video... and there bam.... i got a rejection letter today...

Good luck to you all though!!!

For those of you who have received a request for a video, when did you submit your completed application? I submitted my final piece the day before the deadline and haven't heard anything except that my app is complete.
Thx

For those of you who have received a request for a video, when did you submit your completed application? I submitted my final piece the day before the deadline and haven't heard anything except that my app is complete.
Thx
I submitted mine in the middle of October and I got the email for the video portion in the middle of November.

Has anyone heard back on whether they are accepted or not? Was anyone told a time frame of when we will be notified?

Thx

My time frame is the same as HopefulOTStudent16.

I was in progress too! Just make sure you update Madge with your grades once you get them and you'll be fine :) it's a stressful time but all that hard work will pay off later!

Hi marielcx, when you updated Madge with your grades did you need to update it on OTCAS too?

Hi marielcx, when you updated Madge with your grades did you need to update it on OTCAS too?
I only emailed Madge with my updated med term grade, I have now finally finished all my prerequisites and submitted my video interview. I am just waiting at this point.

Has anyone heard back on whether they are accepted or not? Was anyone told a time frame of when we will be notified?
I called in and Madge told me that if everything was completed they would start letting people know in the beginning of January! Fingers crossed for good news!

I just got my video email today and they're giving me two week to do it till Jan 4th. I guess this means I'm getting considered in a second round of applicants kind of thing since you guys already had it due. Good luuuuck!

Sorry, we didn't apply through otcas last year. You guys are the first to do so, so I can't help you with that.

Anxiously awaiting a response! The waiting is killing me. I was waitlisted for Dominguez hills last month. I asked the admissions team and they said they will be sending a response by mid January! I sent my video at the end of November. Good luck to everyone!

I had a hard time making my video look natural and not practiced..... anyone else have this trouble? Talking to a camera is truly a talent. I hope they get back to us soon. I've been refreshing my emails 234234 times a day.

Emailed them yesterday. They said they are still going through all the videos. They have offered no acceptances yet and will start notifying acceptances by the end of this month.

Emailed them yesterday. They said they are still going through all the videos. They have offered no acceptances yet and will start notifying acceptances by the end of this month.
I was able to see that I had a view on youtube for my video, so they are definitely going through the videos! Thank you for the information!

I have been accepted to Loma Linda. I applied during the priority deadline and submitted my video mid November and have finally heard back today thru email!

I have been accepted to Loma Linda. I applied during the priority deadline and submitted my video mid November and have finally heard back today thru email!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so happy for you.:highfive: My heart is beating like crazy right now. Do you mind sharing your stats?

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so happy for you.:highfive: My heart is beating like crazy right now. Do you mind sharing your stats?
Thank you I am beyond stoked!
Majored in kinesiology and finished out with 3.7 GPA.
A's in all the prereqs except for a B in maybe one.
80 hours in a OT pediatrics setting

Thank you I am beyond stoked!
Majored in kinesiology and finished out with 3.7 GPA.
A's in all the prereqs except for a B in maybe one.
80 hours in a OT pediatrics setting
Congrats, your stats are pretty good! I have not heard anything yet, starting to get discouraged..

Did they tell you that was what helped? Is it updated under your application status? Starting to get discouraged too...
They didnt tell me those are what helped, but I put alot of work into both and made sure that i reflected the values that loma linda is about. My application status hasnt been updated yet.