Program-Specific Info / Q's Who's applied to LLU MOT program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have been accepted to Loma Linda. I applied during the priority deadline and submitted my video mid November and have finally heard back today thru email!

Congratulations!!! and welcome! You're going to love it here :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Getting super nervous! Just called them and asked when they would be sending out responses, and crystal said I should have received one by now, so she looked me up. She then said I was part of a select group where they wanted to take a 2nd look at the videos. I feel like that means they are on the fence about this group that they haven't decided on:nailbiting: she said she was trying to get the staff to meet at the end of January and make the final decision..

Getting super nervous! Just called them and asked when they would be sending out responses, and crystal said I should have received one by now, so she looked me up. She then said I was part of a select group where they wanted to take a 2nd look at the videos. I feel like that means they are on the fence about this group that they haven't decided on:nailbiting: she said she was trying to get the staff to meet at the end of January and make the final decision..
That makes me really nervous...I haven't heard anything either.

Members don't see this ad :)

I spoke to Madge and she also mentioned that they haven't made a final decision on me. Looks like we are on the same selected group! I will be praying for all of us who haven't heard back yet.

She said the same to me too that they have re-reviewing mine at the next meeting, but they've already made and sent out a couple decisions. I know it doesn't mean anything, but I feel so discouraged :( This waiting gaaaaaame is a struggleeeeeee....good luck to all of you. Let me know when you hear back!

Just curious, a question to all applicants, when was the deadline to submit your video portion?

As some of you may have known, some applicants were sent invitations on different dates to do the video portion, so I was curious to know if those still awaiting a decision had video invitations with a latter deadline, or are there still applicants here waiting who have submitted their video a while ago?

Good luck, praying for us all, and congrats to those who have gotten accepted!:)

Just curious, a question to all applicants, when was the deadline to submit your video portion?

As some of you may have known, some applicants were sent invitations on different dates to do the video portion, so I was curious to know if those still awaiting a decision had video invitations with a latter deadline, or are there still applicants here waiting who have submitted their video a while ago?

Good luck, praying for us all, and congrats to those who have gotten accepted!:)
I submitted my video in November and I'm still waiting to hear... I hate this waiting game. When did you submit yours?

They asked me to submit my video in mid-January. Ya this waiting game is nerve racking, it keeps me up at night sometimes. Good luck though!:)

I submitted my video 01/15/2016 and have not heard back. Although I did email Madge a couple of days ago and she said "Our faculty are working on finishing all the reviews of applicants, and in the process of making decisions. We will have a decision about your application within the next few days."

My due date for the video interview was 1/15 as well. I can see that my video has now been viewed twice :dead: I'm seriously dying of anxiety waiting for the decision. I haven't heard back from any schools yet and it's killing me

I submitted mine in the middle of November. I've been so nervous that I have been checking my email all day everyday. I even imagine myself checking my emails in my sleep :nailbiting:

I submitted my video back in mid-November and it still has not gotten a 2nd view yet, but people who submitted a week ago have? I don't understand, its making me nervous!!!:shrug::nailbiting: I really hope we all hear back sometime next week.

Just curious, what are everyone' stats who have not heard a response back yet?

I submitted my video back in mid-November and it still has not gotten a 2nd view yet, but people who submitted a week ago have? I don't understand, its making me nervous!!!:shrug::nailbiting: I really hope we all hear back sometime next week.

Just curious, what are everyone' stats who have not heard a response back yet?
I'm in the same boat. I sent mine in mid-November, my video doesn't have an extra view on it. I don't get it either. Definitely makes me nervous!

My stats are 3.3 overall GPA, prereq GPA all A's and B's, 96 hours of observation, tons of volunteer, and a research project.

Members don't see this ad :)
My cumulative is right above 3.0 (not health related ), my prerequisite is 4.0 and I have 350 hours plus in three settings

I got in today, I am very excited since it is my first year applying to OT schools. I am interested to learn a bit more about the program, I would love if someone who has gone through the program could get in touch with me. If anyone is interested in my Stats….
I went to USC for undergrad
Major: Psychology
Undergrad GPA: 3.8
Prerequsite GPA: 4.0
100+ volunteer hours

@ctray Congrats! Did you hear about your acceptance through email or paper mail?

@ctray Congrats! Did you hear about your acceptance through email or paper mail?
I heard through email, but I talked to Madge and they made their decision on Thursday of last week, they supposedly sent out letters ( I have not received mine yet). They emailed me at 8am this morning.

I heard through email, but I talked to Madge and they made their decision on Thursday of last week, they supposedly sent out letters ( I have not received mine yet). They emailed me at 8am this morning.

Congrats! When did you send in your video?

Thanks for the info. I'm guessing I didn't get accepted then since I'm assuming acceptances are received first through email and then mail, while rejections are received just solely by mail, which is probably the reason I haven't heard yet since my decision letter is coming through snail mail.

Congrats again though and good luck!

Has anyone else heard from Loma Linda or know any information about admission decisions?

Has anyone else heard from Loma Linda or know any information about admission decisions?
Based off previous post from last year i think decisions can still be made until around April so do not lose hope!

I still haven't heard from them. No letter in the mail or anything. I might call but I'm nervous to hear what they might tell me.

Not yet.. My video still has not been viewed twice. I called Madge and left a message on Monday, but she didn't call me back.

Check your mailboxes. My rejection came via snail mail today, USPS usually takes one day to arrive to San Diego from San Bernardino. So they sent it out around Tuesday.

I'd imagine the Admissions Office and Madge will not be fielding any more questions regarding acceptances and let the letters speak for themselves.

Best of luck to those still waiting to hear back and congratulations to those who were accepted.

Last edited:
Check your mailboxes. My rejection came via snail mail today, USPS usually takes one day to arrive to San Diego from San Bernardino. So they sent it out around Tuesday.

I'd imagine the Admissions Office and Madge will not be fielding any more questions regarding acceptances and let the letters speak for themselves.

Best of luck to those still waiting to hear back and congratulations to those who were accepted.

Same, got my rejection letter today in the my mailbox. Bummer.

Congrats to those who've been accepted, and good luck to those still waiting.

I emailed Crystal this morning and she got back to me quickly. She said that my video has been reviewed (even though I see that it hasn't been twice). And that the faculty has not made a decision yet. The final decisions will be made next Wednesday and a letter will be sent out. I thought when you get a letter it usually means you got rejected (at least from what everyone has written on here). I hope that's not the case... Maybe they are taking so long because they are deciding who is being put on the waitlist?

I emailed Crystal this morning and she got back to me quickly. She said that my video has been reviewed (even though I see that it hasn't been twice). And that the faculty has not made a decision yet. The final decisions will be made next Wednesday and a letter will be sent out. I thought when you get a letter it usually means you got rejected (at least from what everyone has written on here). I hope that's not the case... Maybe they are taking so long because they are deciding who is being put on the waitlist?

I wish you the best of luck in getting in, the fact that you haven't received a rejection letter is a good thing. I think they might be waiting on a few things because those that got accepted, we have until Feb 15th to decide if we want to go to LLU. I think the letter Crystal is referring to is the packet you get if you get accepted which I received yesterday and I received the email of my acceptance on Monday. I hope that helps a bit.

I wish you the best of luck in getting in, the fact that you haven't received a rejection letter is a good thing. I think they might be waiting on a few things because those that got accepted, we have until Feb 15th to decide if we want to go to LLU. I think the letter Crystal is referring to is the packet you get if you get accepted which I received yesterday and I received the email of my acceptance on Monday. I hope that helps a bit.
Thank you! I hope that is the case then! Best of luck to everyone! This field is so competitive!

Anyone else get into LLU this year?, I would love to start a Facebook group or something.

If you really have your heart set on LLU, I would email Madge. I inquired about the waitlist and she stated the admissions committee decided to move my application from rejection to the alternate list. And if anyone cancels or declines my application will be reconsidered. Might just be lip service though.

I just got the email that I was put onto the alternate list! Keeping my hopes up!!

Has anyone else been put on the alternate list, received an acceptance or rejection recently?

I
Has anyone else been put on the alternate list, received an acceptance or rejection recently?
I received the email yesterday along with instructions to complete new items added to my Application Portal

Not yet.. not sure if I should expect snailmail or an email. I would think everyone gets the emails around the same time?

Not yet.. not sure if I should expect snailmail or an email. I would think everyone gets the emails around the same time?
I thought the same thing. I know they made their final decisions last Wednesday, so we should be hearing back from them very soon.

I thought the same thing. I know they made their final decisions last Wednesday, so we should be hearing back from them very soon.
I think I'm in the same boat as you and ActiveOTgirl, I haven't gotten any news whatsoever. I was tempted to call them and ask but maybe I'll find out via snail mail soon...

I think I'm in the same boat as you and ActiveOTgirl, I haven't gotten any news whatsoever. I was tempted to call them and ask but maybe I'll find out via snail mail soon...
I emailed Crystal last week and she said everyone should hear something either this week or next week so I'm trying my best to be patient until next week. I still haven't heard anything either and it's killing me. I don't know whether it's a good or bad thing.

Found out today via email that I've been accepted!!! This is my first year applying, so I had no idea what to expect. I'm not sure if there is a Facebook group going yet, but I'd love to get in contact with my future classmates!

I hope everyone else hears back soon!! Good luck guys!!

Found out today via email that I've been accepted!!! This is my first year applying, so I had no idea what to expect. I'm not sure if there is a Facebook group going yet, but I'd love to get in contact with my future classmates!

I hope everyone else hears back soon!! Good luck guys!!
Congratulations! Do you mind sharing your stats?

Congratulations! Do you mind sharing your stats?

Thank you! And yeah, sure!

BA in Speech Pathology, w/ Psych minor, finished in 3 years
Overall GPA: 3.5
Pre-Req GPA: 3.8
Observation Hours: ~50
Experience: worked as a swim instructor for kids with special needs, tutored in college, and currently working in ABA therapy

If you haven't heard anything yet I suggest logging in and checking your application status. I just did and found out I was on the alternate list!

If you haven't heard anything yet I suggest logging in and checking your application status. I just did and found out I was on the alternate list!

You should also be getting an physical letter via snail mail stating this as well, mine came today. It's better than an outright rejection, but I'm not sure how many people typically get taken from the alternate list? Does anyone know what the numbers were from last year's cohort?

Thanks for the heads up, I found out I'm on the alternate list too! I'm also wondering what our chances are.

How do you check you application status? I logged in a clicked on that, but it just takes me straight to my application. Is there somewhere that it would say wait list? I still have not heard anything yet. I only live 30 min away from llu, so I don't know why I'm not getting anything in the mail either. It would only take a couple days to get to me and its already almost been 2 weeks since they made a decision..:confused:

I don't see where this would be listed, I have no status
If you click "application status" it would take you to a new page that says you are on the alternate list as well as a checklist of things to do.