why hemophilia, colorblindness kayotypic diseases??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tRNA

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
why are Hemophilia and color blindness karyotypic diseases involving x-linkage.??
I know that they are xlinked diseases, but why are they karyotypic?? karyotypic diseases involve an error in the number of chromosomes like down (47chromosmes) and turners syndrome (45chromosomes), but hemophilia and color blindness are just due to recessive allels, there is no mistake in the total number of Chromosomes so why are we calling them "karyotypic" diseases
plz help, thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I can't answer the first question as to why it is X linked. I bet no one can answer that but only God. :)

Karyotypic disease not only includes those diseases that are caused nondisjunctional chromosome that you are describing but also any diseases caused by abnormal chromosome character.

just pay attention to the defination of karyotypic :)

karyotypic (from campbell Bio book)==> A metod of orgaganizing the chromosoms of a cell in relation to the number , size ,and type.

and plus this part from campbell Bio book (Six Eddition) page 236: :)
" the human life Cycle"

:)

thanks daily, i said i don't need help with the part about why it's xlinked, I just needed help with why its "karyotipic" but thank u both for clarifying