Why "X" school, supplemental essays

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Maybe.a.dentist

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright, what sorts of things are yall saying? I'm filling out a supplemental now but honestly I have never been to the school and their website doesn't give much in the way of hard facts about the school or how it stands out from other schools. In particular I'm talking about Augusta College. Sure I've talked about some personal reasoning, but I wish I could say more about their program in particular.

Members don't see this ad.

Alright, what sorts of things are yall saying? I'm filling out a supplemental now but honestly I have never been to the school and their website doesn't give much in the way of hard facts about the school or how it stands out from other schools. In particular I'm talking about Augusta College. Sure I've talked about some personal reasoning, but I wish I could say more about their program in particular.

Ahaha I'm on the same boat as you. Didn't expect Augusta's supplemental application to be this long...

Ahaha I'm on the same boat as you. Didn't expect Augusta's supplemental application to be this long...

Exactly, Augusta is a great city, and I made a point to talk about that a little, but I'm sure they want more than me to simply think the surroundings are nice.

Members don't see this ad :)
When I filled out the application last year, I talked about how their school would provide me the opportunity to work with the local GA population to improve oral care. There is only one dental school in the state and especially south GA is known for having poor access to healthcare - both in medicine and dentistry. I did my Master of Public Health at UGA, so I tied in what I learned there about the importance of preventative care and the type of work that their dental students do.

When I filled out the application last year, I talked about how their school would provide me the opportunity to work with the local GA population to improve oral care. There is only one dental school in the state and especially south GA is known for having poor access to healthcare - both in medicine and dentistry. I did my Master of Public Health at UGA, so I tied in what I learned there about the importance of preventative care and the type of work that their dental students do.

Thanks for the reply. You're a GA resident though, right? I'm not, and I feel like if I talk about the situation in that area of Georgia it may come across as insincere. I'm from an area however that had limited access to healthcare though and since they emphasize that do you think it would be appropriate to talk about that?

Thanks for the reply. You're a GA resident though, right? I'm not, and I feel like if I talk about the situation in that area of Georgia it may come across as insincere. I'm from an area however that had limited access to healthcare though and since they emphasize that do you think it would be appropriate to talk about that?

Which state are you a resident of?

I only lived in GA for the year I was doing my MPH. I actually live in FL

Ok, thanks, I may try and incorporate that then.
No problem! I definitely think it would be appropriate to draw the similarities between your town and towns in GA. There are a lot of areas with very limited access to healthcare due to how rural it is.

Just don't mention how you want to live in Augusta. Nobody wants to live in Augusta hahaha

No problem! I definitely think it would be appropriate to draw the similarities between your town and towns in GA. There are a lot of areas with very limited access to healthcare due to how rural it is.

Just don't mention how you want to live in Augusta. Nobody wants to live in Augusta hahaha

Lol what's wrong with Augusta?

I'm not even sure what this guy is talking about not wanting to live there, because there are certainly nice areas in and around Augusta.
I lived in Athens. It's a huge joke in that area that nobody wants to live in Augusta because there is nothing to do

I lived in Athens. It's a huge joke in that area that nobody wants to live in Augusta because there is nothing to do
Ohhhhh, I guess for you big city guys that might be true but I grew in a county where the largest town was 3300 people and the three biggest industries were the landfill, the prison, and agriculture so Augusta seems full to the brim with opportunity.

Ohhhhh, I guess for you big city guys that might be true but I grew in a county where the largest town was 3300 people and the three biggest industries were the landfill, the prison, and agriculture so Augusta seems full to the brim with opportunity.
Haha yeah. Jokes on me though. After living in Athens, I moved to rural Florida...