Will any of these help for my MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You'll probably be better off taking neither and using that time to study for the MCAT. All of that material is only tested for basic concepts on the MCAT and can be learned in a few hours.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Then pick the one that you think is the easiest to get an A.

My 2 cents:
If you have to choose one of these two classes, pick the first class you listed. As you explained them, the 2nd class seems to explore more topics that the MCAT would not test without giving you a detailed passage (e.g. if the MCAT wanted to test you specifically on synaptic plasticity it would have to give you information)

However I'm not sure if either of these classes will help you with the MCAT, as @Afford alluded to, because since they're upper division classes they will more than likely go into such detail that is outside the scope of the MCAT.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Last edited:
None will help. Beyond the scope of the MCAT.

Last edited:
So can a person do well on the MCAT with just Intro biology and no upper division courses? Like all I can do at this point is read through TPR review books
=( I don't have time to take physio, biochem, micro or anatomy before MCAT. I thought these classes might help, but if it's way beyond the scope, I don't want to waste my time trying to learn the harder material if I don' have to.

Yeah they essentially can. The Kaplan/TPR review notes are really all you need content wise and it would be much quicker to read through those and memorize them than to take a class. The upper divisions certainly help, but just in the sense that they shove the intro concepts back in your face and make you get them down stat, cuz otherwise you wont excel with the upper division concepts if that makes sense..

So can a person do well on the MCAT with just Intro biology and no upper division courses? Like all I can do at this point is read through TPR review books
=( I don't have time to take physio, biochem, micro or anatomy before MCAT. I thought these classes might help, but if it's way beyond the scope, I don't want to waste my time trying to learn the harder material if I don' have to.
I would also take anatomy and physiology 1 and 2, not necessary but it will make your life a lot easier.