Will Graduate School make me a more competitive applicant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Liveedu

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I plan on doing a graduate program for Health Administration before going to PA School. Will this help me become a more competitive applicant and increase my chances if I do very well in the program.

Members don't see this ad.

I plan on doing a graduate program for Health Administration before going to PA School. Will this help me become a more competitive applicant and increase my chances if I do very well in the program.

any upward trend in gpa will help but something like an MPH would appeal more to adcom folks at pa programs than an admin degeree.
the goal of pa school is to graduate clinicians not future administrators....

Thank you so much!! I was between that and the biochem masters program

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a reason you aren't applying to PA school straight away?

any upward trend in gpa will help but something like an MPH would appeal more to adcom folks at pa programs than an admin degeree.
the goal of pa school is to graduate clinicians not future administrators....

An insightful ADCOM might see the benefit to the profession of creating more PA administrators. How many are that insightful though?

I was going to apply right away but I really wanted to do a graduate degree in either health admin or biochemistry to help me stand out from other applicants. Would biochem look better?

I was going to apply right away but I really wanted to do a graduate degree in either health admin or biochemistry to help me stand out from other applicants. Would biochem look better?

No, not really. Earning paid HCE is far superior to getting a master's in anything when it comes to PA school. Do that instead.

No, not really. Earning paid HCE is far superior to getting a master's in anything when it comes to PA school. Do that instead.
AGREE. 4000 hrs of hce looks much better than a grad degree in an unrelated field.
one of the WORST students I ever had was a guy with a PhD in microbiology, zero hce and zero common sense. he is not a PA today....