Will i still be able to get into optometry school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ncstatesmb

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I made a C+ in my first intro biology course, and will probably do the same this semester in my second. I make A's and B's in my other courses, and my gpa my first semester of college was a 3.0. Next year i will be a sophomore, if i pulled my grades up some, would those two C's in bio kill my chances or make it unlikely for me to get into optometry school even if i graduate with a gpa above 3.0? Im very nervous that i've already screwed up too big to recover.:(

Members don't see this ad.

Don't worry, I'd say the majority of students have gotten C's at some point in their college careers. :) I got a C in two pre-reqs and graduated with a 3.1 - but you have to remember, with a GPA that's below average (most schools are a 3.4 ish and above) you have to really kick butt on the OAT and have a stellar app - not to mention apply EARLY. Good luck with your future classes! :thumbup:

Don't worry, I'd say the majority of students have gotten C's at some point in their college careers. :) I got a C in two pre-reqs and graduated with a 3.1 - but you have to remember, with a GPA that's below average (most schools are a 3.4 ish and above) you have to really kick butt on the OAT and have a stellar app - not to mention apply EARLY. Good luck with your future classes! :thumbup:

Don't worry, I got a bunch of C's on my app too and I was given an interview before they even got my LORs. Just do well in your later classes and do well on the OATs. I found my upper division courses to be much easier than the gen ed courses.