Will the newest DAT score be considered?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheSandlapper

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm planning on taking the DAT towards the end of May but I have already taken it once in the past and have a score slightly lower than what I like. I want to send in my application right after it opens in June. Will my original score be the one sent in, will the second be sent with it such short notice, or is the process something else entirely? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

All DAT scores will be sent to AADSAS. I would say most schools look at the most recent score. However, some look at all attempts, and some take the highest in each category (I've rarely seen this but you never know with admissions!).

I'm planning on taking the DAT towards the end of May but I have already taken it once in the past and have a score slightly lower than what I like. I want to send in my application right after it opens in June. Will my original score be the one sent in, will the second be sent with it such short notice, or is the process something else entirely? Thanks.
Schools will see all of your DAT scores and also consider your old score as well into your admission process according to this dean I spoke with at VCU. Some schools will officially "count" your highest DAT score whereas MOST schools will "count" your recent attempt

Members don't see this ad :)
I think for most cases the new score will carry the most weight. As schools can see all the scores, it would be unlikely that previous scores don't indirectly factor in. Example: Adcoms would most likely comment on Student A doing worse on Attempt 2 when compared to Attempt 1.