Will you dispense syringes no questions asked?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Would you sell syringes without a prescription if your state law allows it?

• Yes, no limits on number

Votes: 43 32.1%
  • Yes, with limits on number (ex. whole boxes of 100)

Votes: 55 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • Undecided

Votes: 8 6.0%

• Total voters
Depending on the area, there are plenty of homeless and criminals roaming the aisles of Walmart. Druggies don't particularly stand out.

Members don't see this ad.

I think this article is relevant to the discussion and has some interesting counseling points:

Well, for those of you who don't want to sell syringes, this article will teach you how to get rid of those pesky customers. Just follow the counseling instructions and ask each and every purchaser "1) Will you talk me through how you inject? 2) What barriers prevent you from using safer injection procedures? 3) What strategies would you be willing to use? 4) What do you want/plan to do in case X occurs? 5) Can you identify the consequences that may occur if safe injection practices are not used? "......once the syringe purchaser realizes that you aren't going to sell syringes without getting detailed answers to these questions, the syringe purchaser will leave and never return (at least not when you are on duty!)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Syringe customers are actually the nicest people to sell to

Reactions: 1 users
I only sell if they have an active rx for an injection.