Will you take the mRNA Vaccine Immediately When Available?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Do you plan on taking either the Moderna or Pfizer mRNA vaccine immediately when available?

• Yes

Votes: 170 77.6%
  • No

Votes: 49 22.4%

• Total voters
What I got out of this article is that some people will likely wear masks when they are sick (as is the norm in Asia), not that people will wear masks 24/7 even if asymptomatic. That seems entirely sensible to me.

They are already setting up the public for indefinite measures.

Members don't see this ad.

Even those sources only say masks are a recommendation until 70% of the population is vaccinated. The estimate is early summer at the worst. So 5 more months, not indefinitely.

Reactions: 2 users

The NYTimes article says the data is still being collected about the rate at which vaccinated people can be asymptomatic carriers.

The person in the CNN article mentions the above point and also recommends people wear masks until we have reached herd immunity, since no vaccine is 100% effective. It actually explicitly says we won't have to wear masks forever

How did you get "indefinite measures" out of that?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Even those sources only say masks are a recommendation until 70% of the population is vaccinated. The estimate is early summer at the worst. So 5 more months, not indefinitely.
I have my doubts that we will ever get to 70%. A more realistic approach would be to vaccinate those who haven't had lab-proven COVID. Combining the number of recovered, with the vaccinated could easily get to 70% in short order. I think we are wasting a lot of limited vaccines on people who already have immunity.

I have my doubts that we will ever get to 70%. A more realistic approach would be to vaccinate those who haven't had lab-proven COVID. Combining the number of recovered, with the vaccinated could easily get to 70% in short order. I think we are wasting a lot of limited vaccines on people who already have immunity.
And now that we have quantitative antibody tests, I'd be fine with that approach.

So how do I put you in charge instead of that mor-on Fauci?
Give him twenty years of research and practical experience in immunology and public health. Then you'll get him to be half as qualified as Fauci.

Reactions: 8 users
Keep in mind, Fauci's job is to make recommendations based on public health only. It's not his job to balance that with economic or liberty concerns. You have economists and lawyers to do that then try and balance it all.

• Hmm
Reactions: 9 users
I thought the great prophet Dr. Fauci said 85%. Only Lord Fauci can shift the goal posts and change the very fabric of facts and reality!

Fauci said, "When polls said only about half of all Americans would take a vaccine, I was saying herd immunity would take 70 to 75%. Then, when newer surveys said 60% or more would take it, I thought, 'I can nudge this up a bit,' so I went to 80, 85."

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone see this case? Hopefully just an incidental event no different than background rates?

Mexican authorities said they are studying the case of a 32-year-old female doctor who was hospitalized after receiving the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine.

The doctor, whose name has not been released, was admitted to the intensive care unit of a public hospital in the northern state of Nuevo Leon after she experienced seizures, difficulty breathing and a skin rash.

“The initial diagnosis is encephalomyelitis,” the Health Ministry said in a statement released on Friday night.

Anyone see this case? Hopefully just an incidental event no different than background rates?

Mexican authorities said they are studying the case of a 32-year-old female doctor who was hospitalized after receiving the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine.

The doctor, whose name has not been released, was admitted to the intensive care unit of a public hospital in the northern state of Nuevo Leon after she experienced seizures, difficulty breathing and a skin rash.

“The initial diagnosis is encephalomyelitis,” the Health Ministry said in a statement released on Friday night.

I did not see it but it wouldn't stop me from getting my 2nd Pfizer dose anyway.

It's a shame, but there's a reason it made the news. Which, if I had to guess, is because tens of thousands of people receiving the vaccine with minimal, if any, short-term side effects would make for a boring news story.

Occam’s razor til proven otherwise

Members don't see this ad :)
I know there was another thread in regards to people having lingering Covid symptoms and you all not believing it, but I do believe the data and that people in general aren’t faking it. Yes most people won’t die from Covid, but I personally still think there are a lot of unknowns that make me want to avoid getting Covid and vaccinating is one for or prevention. I know that I would probably not be as mentally well as I am now if I couldn’t taste or smell for a prolonged period of time.

From the NYT- Doctors worry that a Covid-related loss of smell could have negative mental health consequences.

"Until March, when everything started tasting like cardboard, Katherine Hansen had such a keen sense of smell that she could recreate almost any restaurant dish at home without the recipe, just by recalling the odors.

Then the coronavirus arrived. One of Ms. Hansen’s first symptoms was a loss of smell, and then of taste. Ms. Hansen still cannot taste food, and says she can’t even tolerate chewing it. Now she lives mostly on soups and shakes.

“I’m like someone who loses their eyesight as an adult,” said Ms. Hansen, a real estate agent who lives outside Seattle. “They know what something should look like. I know what it should taste like, but I can’t get there.”

A diminished sense of smell, called anosmia, is recognized as one of the telltale symptoms of Covid-19, often the first, and sometimes the only one. Frequently accompanied by an inability to taste, anosmia occurs abruptly and dramatically in Covid, almost as if a switch has been flipped.

Most patients regain their senses of smell and taste after they recover, usually within weeks. But in a minority of patients like Ms. Hansen, the loss persists, and doctors cannot say when or if the senses will return.

Scientists know little about what causes anosmia or how to cure it. But cases are piling up as the coronavirus sweeps across the world; by some estimates, the pandemic may leave millions with a permanent loss of smell and taste. The prospect has set off an urgent scramble among researchers to learn more about why patients are losing these senses, and how to help them.

Many sufferers describe the condition as extremely upsetting, even debilitating, all the more so because it is invisible to others.

“I feel alien from myself,” one sufferer wrote in Facebook group for Covid patients with anosmia. “It’s also kind of a loneliness in the world. Like a part of me is missing, as I can no longer smell and experience the emotions of everyday basic living.”

Loss of smell is a risk factor for anxiety and depression, so the implications of widespread anosmia deeply trouble mental health experts. Researchers have found that olfactory dysfunction often precedes social deficits in schizophrenia, and social withdrawal even in healthy individuals.

And many people who can’t smell will lose their appetites, putting them at risk of nutritional deficits and unintended weight loss.

“From a public health perspective, this is really important,” Dr. Datta said. “If you think worldwide about the number of people with Covid, even if only 10 percent have a more prolonged smell loss, we’re talking about potentially millions of people.”

Has any immunologist chimed in yet?

I quit medicine after i graduated, but one thing that stuck is that autoimmune dysfunction is potentially bad news and not something to mess aroudn with.

And mRNA vaccine's mechanism, to my knowledge, is having your own cells pump out viral proteins to agitate the immune system.

As someone with incredibly low risk profile and who has the luxury of staying at home as much as possible + venturing out only with fitted n95, I will not be taking an mRNA vaccine, unless I read something here that changes my mind lol

Has any immunologist chimed in yet?

I quit medicine after i graduated, but one thing that stuck is that autoimmune dysfunction is potentially bad news and not something to mess aroudn with.

And mRNA vaccine's mechanism, to my knowledge, is having your own cells pump out viral proteins to agitate the immune system.

As someone with incredibly low risk profile and who has the luxury of staying at home as much as possible + venturing out only with fitted n95, I will not be taking an mRNA vaccine, unless I read something here that changes my mind lol
The vaccine behaves the same way that the actual virus does, but instead of replicating entire viruses, it just makes a single protein.

So while there is a chance of autoimmune problems, there's no reason to think it would (worst case) be any worse than getting infected.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Thanks! I didn't realize they published this.

Reading through it they say this in regards to efficiency after 1 dose:

"Findings were similar across key secondary analyses (Table S16), including assessment starting 14 days after dose 1 (225 cases with placebo, vs. 11 with mRNA-1273, indicating a vaccine efficacy of 95.2% [95% CI, 91.2 to 97.4]),"

So that's promising?

I had my 2nd COVID vaccination (Pfizer) 24 hours ago. My arm is slightly sore like after the first one. I have no fever, aches, fatigue or chills. I don't feel any microchips in me, and all limbs, appendages and facial muscles seems to be working. I did my usual running with no problem. It would have been laughable if I was forced to miss work over this.

This shot is nothing, guys. I'm now 90% protected from contracting COVID infection and will be 95% protected within days. As far as severe, life-threatening COVID, I'm now effectively 100% protected. Now it's time to get my parents and wife vaccinated. The kids will be this summer before school and once approved for pediatric use.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
I know there was another thread in regards to people having lingering Covid symptoms and you all not believing it, but I do believe the data and that people in general aren’t faking it.
Of course some people have long term effects. The point is, all the people bent towards psychosomatic drama will think they have those symptoms, too. And there will be no way to prove them wrong, because they'll claim every vague ailment is from their asymptomatic COVID, since you can't prove someone never had a disease which they could have had without knowing it.

Of course some people have long term effects. The point is, all the people bent towards psychosomatic drama will think they have those symptoms, too. And there will be no way to prove them wrong, because they'll claim every vague ailment is from their asymptomatic COVID, since you can't prove someone never had a disease which they could have had without knowing it.
Yeah, and it doesn't help that nearly half of the health/science reporters who keep on hyping this stuff claim to suffer from chronic Lyme or some other BS.

• Hmm
Reactions: 3 users
I had my 2nd COVID vaccination (Pfizer) 24 hours ago. My arm is slightly sore like after the first one. I have no fever, aches, fatigue or chills. I don't feel any microchips in me, and all limbs, appendages and facial muscles seems to be working. I did my usual running with no problem. It would have been laughable if I was forced to miss work over this.

This shot is nothing, guys. I'm now 90% protected from contracting COVID infection and will be 95% protected within days. As far as severe, life-threatening COVID, I'm now effectively 100% protected. Now it's time to get my parents and wife vaccinated. The kids will be this summer before school and once approved for pediatric use.

Lucky. It's still a little while until I can get my second shot.

I was worried for a while that my state would run out of vaccines really quickly, but fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it) that doesn't seem like it'll be a problem at all.

I was worried for a while that my state would run out of vaccines really quickly, but fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it) that doesn't seem like it'll be a problem at all.
Where I’m at, they’re holding back a second dose, for all first doses given. Hopefully they’re doing that where you are, too. It doesn’t make sense to give a bunch of first doses and have nothing for people’s second, then have thousands of people fall out of the time window for the second dose. Then you’re left wondering, “Is the second dose now less effective than studied? Do we need to re-dose the series?” Probably not, but still not a good way to approach the process.

People are expecting 100% of doses to be given immediately upon arrival. That’s not a good way to do it. It shouldn’t be >50% until the tail end of the process.

P.S. The CDC says anything from 17-25 days (21 days +/- 4 days) is considered valid and within the bounds of Pfizer’s data. So if you can get them to dose you at 17 days, do it. That’s how I got my second dose so soon, on day 17.

It’s a good idea for your facility to do it this way. It’s unlikely they’ll be able to dose everyone on 21, due to capacity issues and logistics. It’s much easier if you have a few days +/-, and inevitably there will be a few that need to come a day or two early or late (out of town, call/long hours, etc).

• Wow
P.S. The CDC says anything from 17-25 days (21 days +/- 4 days) is considered valid and within the bounds of Pfizer’s data. So if you can get them to dose you at 17 days, do it. That’s how I got my second dose so soon, on day 17.

It’s a good idea for your facility to do it this way. It’s unlikely they’ll be able to dose everyone on 21, due to capacity issues and logistics. It’s much easier if you have a few days +/-, and inevitably there will be a few that need to come a day or two early or late (out of town, call/long hours, etc).

My facility is making us get the shots exactly 21 days apart. Zero wiggle room. I get my second stab in 4 days.

• Hmm
Where I’m at, they’re holding back a second dose, for all first doses given. Hopefully they’re doing that where you are, too. It doesn’t make sense to give a bunch of first doses and have nothing for people’s second, then have thousands of people fall out of the time window for the second dose. Then you’re left wondering, “Is the second dose now less effective than studied? Do we need to re-dose the series?” Probably not, but still not a good way to approach the process.

People are expecting 100% of doses to be given immediately upon arrival. That’s not a good way to do it. It shouldn’t be >50% until the tail end of the process.

The UK is prioritizing giving more people the first dose at the expense of people delaying the second dose: Covid: 12-week vaccine gap defended by UK medical chiefs

I don't think they're specifically holding a second dose where I got mine (at least they didn't announce so), but the vaccine people haven't been as swamped as I anticipated, so I don't think anyone here will run into an issue getting their second vaccine.

I think reserving that second dose is definitely the smart way of doing it, though.

• Wow

I get my 2nd one on Friday. Actually nervous as someone with a lot of symptoms for a weekend after #1.
My facility is making us get the shots exactly 21 days apart. Zero wiggle room. I get my second stab in 4 days.
I was offered an appointment at day 21 or 22.

I'm trying to remember exactly what you experienced. It was hours of fairly significant vertigo no? If that was the case I would report it
yes, significant dizziness to the point I couldn't drive and laid in my car for like 90 minutes. Then all the usual stuff: headache, chills, fatigue, shaking, myalgia

Hey buddy, for someone whining about anti-maga commentary, your comments read like Breitbart’s personal physician. Practice what you preach.

Yeah, and it doesn't help that nearly half of the health/science reporters who keep on hyping this stuff claim to suffer from chronic Lyme or some other BS.
This is terrible. Shouldn’t be allowed! Can you give any further details/ facts/ info about this? That would be super helpful. Thanks-

• Hmm
Anyone see this on the news yesterday? Probably had itp coincidentally? Zero platelets within 3 days of vaccine

Heidi Neckelmann says obstetrician Gregory Michael, 56 - her ‘best friend’ and partner of 28 years – was active, healthy and had no pre-existing conditions before getting the Pfizer vaccine on December 18.

Dad-of-one Gregory suffered no immediate reaction to the injection but three days later he was taking a shower and noticed petechiae - spots of red that indicate bleeding beneath the skin - on his feet and hands.

When he checked himself into Mount Sinai Medical Center in Miami Beach, the hospital where he works and had the groundbreaking vaccine, medics discovered he was suffering from an acute lack of platelets.

‘All the blood results came back normal except for the platelets which came back as zero,’ Heidi said.

‘At first they thought it must be a mistake. So they did the test again and this time did a manual count which is supposed to be more accurate. This time it showed just one platelet.

One solution to ITP is to remove the spleen but Heidi says he wasn’t a candidate because his blood wasn’t able to clot, making the operation too dangerous.

After two weeks of infusions and experimental treatments that failed to raise Gregory’s platelet count, doctors decided they had no choice.

However he died from a hemorrhagic stroke - when blood from an artery bleeds into the brain - before he could undergo the surgery.

‘They gave him medicine. They gave him an incredible amount of platelet infusions, I’m told all the platelets in Miami Dade County,’ Heidi said.

‘But no matter what they did, nothing helped. The blood tests came back with zero platelets every time.

Heidi insists, however, that her husband did not have an immune disorder or any similar condition that could have caused ITP

The mother-of-one said: 'In my mind his death was 100 percent linked to the vaccine. There is no other explanation'

She said: 'My husband had conversations with the doctors who said it was highly probable that the vaccine was the cause'

Last edited:
  • Wow
Anyone see this on the news yesterday? Probably had itp coincidentally? Zero platelets within 3 days of vaccine

Heidi Neckelmann says obstetrician Gregory Michael, 56 - her ‘best friend’ and partner of 28 years – was active, healthy and had no pre-existing conditions before getting the Pfizer vaccine on December 18.

Dad-of-one Gregory suffered no immediate reaction to the injection but three days later he was taking a shower and noticed petechiae - spots of red that indicate bleeding beneath the skin - on his feet and hands.

When he checked himself into Mount Sinai Medical Center in Miami Beach, the hospital where he works and had the groundbreaking vaccine, medics discovered he was suffering from an acute lack of platelets.

‘All the blood results came back normal except for the platelets which came back as zero,’ Heidi said.

‘At first they thought it must be a mistake. So they did the test again and this time did a manual count which is supposed to be more accurate. This time it showed just one platelet.

One solution to ITP is to remove the spleen but Heidi says he wasn’t a candidate because his blood wasn’t able to clot, making the operation too dangerous.

After two weeks of infusions and experimental treatments that failed to raise Gregory’s platelet count, doctors decided they had no choice.

However he died from a hemorrhagic stroke - when blood from an artery bleeds into the brain - before he could undergo the surgery.

‘They gave him medicine. They gave him an incredible amount of platelet infusions, I’m told all the platelets in Miami Dade County,’ Heidi said.

‘But no matter what they did, nothing helped. The blood tests came back with zero platelets every time.

Heidi insists, however, that her husband did not have an immune disorder or any similar condition that could have caused ITP

The mother-of-one said: 'In my mind his death was 100 percent linked to the vaccine. There is no other explanation'

She said: 'My husband had conversations with the doctors who said it was highly probable that the vaccine was the cause'
It's possible the ITP mIght have been vaccine related. But it probably was not. Have 3 million people eat cereal for breakfast and a few will die unexpectedly of rare, 1-in-a-million diseases in the month after. It's a statistical certainty. And it still will have nothing to do with the cereal, the plastic chemicals in their water bottles, their vaccines or anything else those 3 million people have in common.

We'll see what the investigation shows.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
It's possible the ITP mIght have been vaccine related. But it probably was not. Have 3 million people eat cereal for breakfast and a few will die unexpectedly of rare, 1-in-a-million diseases in the month after. It's a statistical certainty. And it still will have nothing to do with the cereal, the plastic chemicals in their water bottles, their vaccines or anything else those 3 million people have in common.

We'll see what the investigation shows.

Faulty logic ... acute consumptive thrombocytopenia in most cases is immune driven. Eating cereal does not produce an immune response. It is infinitely more likely that the vaccine caused the acute thrombocytopenia than eating cereal, no matter how unlikely that event is.

if you wanted to draw a conclusion comparing eating cereal and planting fresh tulips in your garden as the inciting event for the acute platelet drop that would be fine.

acute consumptive thrombocytopenia in most cases is immune driven.

Yes, which is why I said...
It's possible the ITP might have been vaccine related

Yet, it's still very difficult to prove the ITP wasn't from some other common virus, bacteria, or drug, isn't it? Also, since ITP can occur with no known cause, it's very hard to prove with certainty a person's ITP wasn't idiopathic and that the vaccine (or anything else) wasn't coincidental, isn't it? I don't know.

That makes it very easy to falsely assume correlation must equal causation, does it not?

That being said, I don't know crap about ITP.

Last edited:
  • Okay...
Reactions: 3 users
You don't think printing money out of thin air and sending checks to Americans is a Tenable long term strategy? You must not have learned Modern Monetary Theory in school.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but I'm curious; many of these jobs are never coming back, and I anticipate many LT unemployed people. What is to be done about them?

Not what we were promised. For a year we've been told a vaccine is the only way to return to some sort of normalcy. Now they've moved the bar again. Everyone gets vaccinated AND we still have to have business limits, masks, and precautions. Not okay.

I haven't heard or read anyone saying that; many are saying that we have to mask and socially distance until a meaningful number of people have been vaccinated.