Withdrawing a class to retake later

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Atlgirl

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm taking Org. II this summer but it's really been a struggle. I work full time and I took Org. I over 3 years ago - did well in the class, but soon after that changed majors and switched to a major in the business school. I graduated and have been working full-time since then but I just wasn't happy with my career being that I always wanted to be a doctor. I need to review a lot of the Org. I material before taking II. I think the MCAT has very little of Org. II (please correct me if I'm wrong) so my plan is to review the material from I, while studying for the MCAT, take the MCAT in Jan 2015 before the new MCAT changes, and hopefully take Org. II after taking the MCAT. Does it look bad when you withdraw and retake a class especially as a non- trad taking post bacc. classes? I need to withdraw from the class today for it to not affect my GPA. I'm just worried that it will drop my GPA.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, it looks bad to have a W, but it looks worse to get a low grade (C or lower). Prioritize accordingly.
I withdrew from the class. I will retake it sometime soon. Thanks for your input!