Women's Interview Clothing #3!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is this too much print? My suit is a navy pant suit.

This is a silk material and would be tucked into the pants.

m21186554288_1.jpg
I like the print on the blouse but it is a little loud for interviews. Remember that 5-10 years ago, the only choice for interviews would have been a menswear-type button-front oxford blouse. I hate them (and they gape like crazy on most women) and can tell you that the last time I wore one for an interview was July 2010. But though things have relaxed a lot, a solid color top (pale or jewel toned or grey or maroon or whatever) is a safer way to go.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Am I being ridiculous or it is actually acceptable to bring another pair of shoes with me on interview day...?
I do have some formal low heels but if possible I prefer to not wear them during school tours (if possible I would wear some business casual looking flats during the tour). Also I do plan to bring a tote bag with me...

Thanks a lot!

Reactions: 1 users
IMG_0003.JPG
Is this bag appropriate? The scarf and crossbody strap are removable if necessary, though I do prefer them on.
Dimensions are 9.5”L x 3.5”W x 7.25”H

Thanks in advance!!

View attachment 280930 Is this bag appropriate? The scarf and crossbody strap are removable if necessary, though I do prefer them on.
Dimensions are 9.5”L x 3.5”W x 7.25”H

Thanks in advance!!
No scarf, please. I was so disturbed that I almost gave you a warning (instead of a reply) by accident!
Handles are better than a cross body strap.

No scarf, please. I was so disturbed that I almost gave you a warning (instead of a reply) by accident!
Handles are better than a cross body strap.

LOL fair enough. I thought it may be pushing the limits but figured I’d ask. Thanks!

Would it be frowned upon to wear all black to an interview? I’m thinking black pantsuit with a black turtleneck underneath and maybe just a simple string of pearls. I’ve gained a bit of weight and I feel most comfortable in black.

Would it be frowned upon to wear all black to an interview? I’m thinking black pantsuit with a black turtleneck underneath and maybe just a simple string of pearls. I’ve gained a bit of weight and I feel most comfortable in black.
How about a jewel tone shell?
Turtlenecks are casual for such an interview.

Apologies if this question has been asked many times before already...

So my understanding is that...
Tote bags = BAD
Fancy purses = BAD
Anything big = BAD

Leather binder/folders = OK? (Also why are leather folio things so expensive !? !?! ?! $50-70 )

What about a small tote bag?

And is the bag really important at all? In terms of style etc.
I want something that is not too big but also has straps if Im going to be walking around all day post interview etc

Some thoughts from my recent interview:

Out of 16-ish women, only one was not wearing a matching suit. Pant suits were most popular, followed by skirt suits. Only one person was in a dress suit. They did not stand out at all for being the only person to do so. Black and navy were quite popular, with a couple of grey suits tossed in the mix. I saw a few blouses that, while cute, were a bit too low cut for the nature of the day. I did notice that many of the women in skirt suits had issues with the skirt constantly twisting around and spent a lot of time worrying about it. Most women with long hair wore it completely down and either curled or straightened, a few had their hair partially up, and only a couple had their hair up completely (ponytail, bun, etc). Most women wore flats. A few wore pencil heels and seemed to regret it at the end of the day, as they were wobbling quite a bit! It was about 50/50 in terms of wearing pantyhose with a skirt suit. Most wore makeup, a few did not (although I would argue that they did not look out of place).

And to the person that wrote this blurb, THANK YOU

Apologies if this question has been asked many times before already...

So my understanding is that...
Tote bags = BAD
Fancy purses = BAD
Anything big = BAD

Leather binder/folders = OK? (Also why are leather folio things so expensive !? !?! ?! $50-70 )

What about a small tote bag?

And is the bag really important at all? In terms of style etc.
I want something that is not too big but also has straps if Im going to be walking around all day post interview etc

And to the person that wrote this blurb, THANK YOU

You do not need a leather folio.

If you’re female (which im making the assumption you are) a modest bag is all you need to carry anything in. I only carried my wallet and phone in the bag I had with me. I think every school gave us an infomation packet inside a folder with a pen, so that is basically what I needed for the day.

Reactions: 1 users
How about a jewel tone shell?
Turtlenecks are casual for such an interview.

Thank you for the feedback! I have a loose, jade green Calvin Klein top that I can wear instead.