Working full-time and taking prerequisites- what to take next?

Teacher2dentist

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all! I'm currently a full time teacher, but want to go to Dental school. Been working on my prereqs over the past year and trying to plan on when I should take the DAT. I'm aiming for next Spring, but I still have a lot left to take. I can only take 1 in the Fall and Spring and 2 during the summer.

A. What should I take first?

B. do you think I'll be ready for the DAT next spring? Please be honest- I'm tough!

Classes left:
Bio II
A and P
Microbiology
O Chem I and II
Stats

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

What is this I don't even

ochem I&II in the fall and spring, bio II and stats over summer.

Members don't see this ad :)
I won't need Bio II for OChem? Also, it's been awhile since I took Bio I... Do you think I should retake it or should I be fine if I study up before Bio II?

Acid-base chemistry from Gen Chem is really the only thing from a previous course I found useful for ochem. You definitely won't need bio for it. I doubt you'll even need to review bio 1 for bio 2 (their scope is usually different) but if you want to get cliffs ap bio and you'll be a rockstar in both if you review it.

I won't need Bio II for OChem? Also, it's been awhile since I took Bio I... Do you think I should retake it or should I be fine if I study up before Bio II?

you wont need intro bio for organic its a completely different beast.