Would taking my MCAT in June be too late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medjustice

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I was hoping to reschedule my MCAT for June 1st which would mean I would get the score back on July 3rd. Would this be too late to apply early for MD/PHD programs? I am planning to have the rest of my application done by late June, the MCAT score would be the only thing missing.

Members don't see this ad.

Submitting late June/early July should be fine. I believe you can also submit the app for review before your score is released, it just won't be approved and sent to schools until the score is out, this would speed up the process instead of waiting until your score is released. Just make sure to submit your secondaries as soon as possible after getting them.

The AAMC verification process is what takes time. They review your transcripts sent directly from your undergraduate schools. AAMC will send your application without a MCAT score to programs. They might (or not) request a secondary application. Some Admission Committees might delay review until the MCAT has been submitted. June is not late for taking the MCAT. MCATs are reported about 5 weeks after taking them. Thus, a late August exam will result on getting a score until almost an early October review. Unless we are talking of a 520+, that is late.