Would you do it again??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
its kind of funny to see the same people on here still grandstanding their opinions to the masses. (sad actually)

however, they are effective...i turned down my HPSP two weeks before class started. and am glad to have nothing but my own decisions ahead of me.

We'll count you as a "save".

Members don't see this ad.

Definitely not. It really is like selling your soul to the devil because as a young impressionable, broke pre-med student the few perks the recruiters show you look good. But once you sign, they have you and can do what they want with you and for every complaint or injustice you might encounter during your payback, someone can quote you a regulation that you were conveniently not made aware of before signing. I am just over 3 years into a 4 year commitment with the AF. This was the worst mistake I have ever made and if I knew then what I know now, I would clearly take out the loans, live on what an AF docs salary would be for 4 years and basically have my loans paid off, be able to choose where I want to live and not have to be deployed for the first 6 months of my new baby's life. There was a recent article in the AMA News about military medical recruitment numbers being down. The real problem is they cannot get people to stay because they treat you like **** and there is nothing you can do. They say "make your complaints through the chain of command", but when you do, you are labelled a trouble-maker and treated even more unjustly.
Just say no and tell every pre-med student you know about this site!