Would you go on a post-December interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Daneosaurus

D4
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Purely hypothetical. It's been really quiet around here for invites.
Let's say you received a handful of pre-Dec interviews, and let's say one acceptance, on December 1. But, that school is not high on your list. Would you spend the time and money to go on additional interviews? If not, would your answer change if it was one of your high-ranked schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Definitely going, especially if accepted to school not high on the list.

Let's say you received a handful of pre-Dec interviews, and let's say one acceptance, on December 1. But, that school is not high on your list. Would you spend the time and money to go on additional interviews? If not, would your answer change if it was one of your high-ranked schools?
Yes I would.

Members don't see this ad :)
Four years of your life at the school you choose. Unless its your only option, don't go to a school low on your list.

I think if you have the means, and have been accepted at any but your top choice school, you should go check the school out. It never hurts to have options.

P.S. Going to an interview while you've already got an acceptance would be a breeze.

Last edited:
It depends on how my post-december invite ranks on my list relative to the school I was accepted at. Although... going to an interview after gaining an acceptance does sound enticing.

Definitely would go! I agree with everyone else!

With the way things are looking for me (2 out of 8 schools), I definitely will. There's one school in particular that my family and I are rooting for because it works best for us geographically.

Hmmm...guess I'm the only who would probably not. I've invested a copious amounts of time and money into this process and quite frankly, I'd be satisfied at any school I got in to.

Reactions: 2 users
Hmmm...guess I'm the only who would probably not. I've invested a copious amounts of time and money into this process and quite frankly, I'd be satisfied at any school I got in to.
If I get in December 1 I'm done interviewing, the schools that contacted me promptly should get preference, as they obviously want you more than another school that is making you wait

I've been wondering the same thing. Does anybody know how long most schools give you to decide whether you want to attend/make deposit after being offered a December acceptance?

I definitely would as well. I had a LOR hold up my "application complete date" (finished everything by 7/10......last LOR didn't arrive until 9/2). I interviewed at Tennessee about a month ago, and got an invite to interview at LECOM on 1/8/15. Definitely going!

Depends on your confident level of getting an interview and acceptance at the other schools. Personally, the first school to say yes will receive my deposit and be done with it. This also explains how my feelings and where I stand in the application process.

I had a friend get caught with this early acceptance but with a safety school. His thought process was that the money and time he spent on airline and hotels were only temporary. With the price tag of dental school, he took out another loan and went to 5/8 invitations to interview. He received 3 acceptances and picked the best one. He waited and gambled which paid off.

Reactions: 1 user
I've only had one interview so far and I guess I had my hopes up but I really thought I'd have heard from more by now. I REALLY want to hear back from my state school (VCU, which if I recall from another thread is yours too?) and if they requested a post Dec interview, I'd surely attend.

I've only had one interview so far and I guess I had my hopes up but I really thought I'd have heard from more by now. I REALLY want to hear back from my state school (VCU, which if I recall from another thread is yours too?) and if they requested a post Dec interview, I'd surely attend.
VCU I would attend only because I could go to it for almost free (live in Norfolk). But I'm with the poster who said that the first school to offer me an acceptance will get my money. VCU would have to be scheduled before dec. 1 for me to attend post December 1.