Would you like shots with that?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lexington2012

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
There is a documentary in the works called Would You Like Shots With That? to shed light on what is happening right now in retail pharmacies. I encourage all of you to look into it - they are accepting donations via GoFundMe to make this happen & have social media on Fb and Instagram to promote it. A great way for us to come together as pharmacists & technicians to voice what we are experiencing

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Looks good but I doubt the general public will care. This movie on Netflix called "Purple Hearts" was trending. The preview shows a girl who ran out of insulin trying to get refills. The pharmacist was being unsympathetic and offered to sell them out of of pocket for $500. The general public is stupid and thinks the pharmacy makes the prices.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220814-230539~2.png
    Screenshot_20220814-230539~2.png
    550.4 KB · Views: 57
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yep, keep expanding services when you can’t even meet the basics of managing queues, pick up, answering phones.

The sheer amount/burden of processing Covid tests has actually been the most time consuming as of lately (I want to say we did like 120 tests or so over 12 hours on a “slow” Sunday yesterday…with skeleton staff). Of course they are all waiters, unforeseen register prompts which just breaks any kind of pace or rhythm

Reactions: 1 users
Looks good but I doubt the general public will care. This movie on Netflix called "Purple Hearts" was trending. The preview shows a girl who ran out of insulin trying to get refills. The pharmacist was being unsympathetic and offered to sell them out of of pocket for $500. The general public is stupid and thinks the pharmacy makes the prices.

What the???? Stupid on so many fronts, the "old" insulin (Novolin, Humulin) can be bought OTC without a prescription at any pharmacy(granted at some pharmacies cheaper than others, but $500 at any pharmacy for Novolin/Humulin is ludicrous)....insulin is not a back-alley drug.

What the???? Stupid on so many fronts, the "old" insulin (Novolin, Humulin) can be bought OTC without a prescription at any pharmacy(granted at some pharmacies cheaper than others, but $500 at any pharmacy for Novolin/Humulin is ludicrous)....insulin is not a back-alley drug.
It is for professional bodybuilders apparently (yeah stupid crazy)

Around the time that this became a big thing, I saw a cartoon that depicted a commercial strip, and the signs all said things like "PIZZA and flu shots", "NAILS and flu shots," "OIL CHANGE and flu shots", etc. I wish I could find that cartoon online.

I got mine last week at my doctor's office.

Playing devils advocate, increased responsibilities is what will help us keep our jobs at a reasonable salary..

Playing devils advocate, increased responsibilities is what will help us keep our jobs at a reasonable salary..

The ultimate goal of chains is to pass on duties to techs for cheap labor while continuing to slash pharmacist salary. Will need some laws passed as time goes by. But I'm sure in some states they are more progressive than others and chains will lobby for it with $$ that should be used for tech hours that will be cut as a result.