WREB & Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentaltimes

Reaction score
I’m doing WREB for boards— a class III is not needed in order to pass. However, there are certain states that require it.
Does anyone know if Colorado is one of those states? I can’t find anything online and every time I call they transfer me from to person and then I end up leaving a message and never get a call back.

Members don't see this ad.

I’m doing WREB for boards— a class III is not needed in order to pass. However, there are certain states that require it.
Does anyone know if Colorado is one of those states? I can’t find anything online and every time I call they transfer me from to person and then I end up leaving a message and never get a call back.
“All parts of a clinical examination are required to be successfully completed and no part of an examination is considered optional for purposes of Colorado licensure.”
Sounds pretty straightforward to me.

“All parts of a clinical examination are required to be successfully completed and no part of an examination is considered optional for purposes of Colorado licensure.”
Sounds pretty straightforward to me.

Not totally true. I took WREB for Colorado--the Class III is not required. I just had to pass the Class II portion in terms of restorative. I also did not take the optional prosth portion.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not totally true. I took WREB for Colorado--the Class III is not required. I just had to pass the Class II portion in terms of restorative. I also did not take the optional prosth portion.
Well, it’s a misleading question to begin with. Do you need to take both operative portions? Yes, because all portions are required per the dental board policy I quoted above. Can a class III fulfill one of those requirements? Yes. Can a second class II also count for that? Yes. Does Colorado specifically require a class III? No, but they do require you to take that section. So yes and no. But it’s not as complicated as people make it.

Prosth is a separate issue because that is specifically listed in the dental board policy as not being required.

Just read the policy.

Last edited:
I take that back. It’s not a misleading question. Dental licensure is a confusing, broken, and unnecessarily cumbersome process. For Colorado, just take the Canadian exam and be done with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user