WREB endo appeal

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentst

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
It was my third attempt and I failed wreb endo by a very small margin. Now they ask me to take the entire exam again after remediation. I am so shocked and upset with the result.

Please don't advise that I need to practice and take the f'ing torture exam again because I already did. It was the only section I took during my third attempt and I practiced endo full time for entire one month (in total 50 teeth). I strongly believe the scoring was not correct. I was expecting full score for my anterior, or at the minimum 4. I dont know how in the world they could give me 3 for both access and condensation. I know for a fact that if examiners did the scoring based on the WREB criteria then I would easily pass.

One option is, I could appeal for re-evaluation based on the ground that "examiners made a technical error by not scoring according to the wreb criteria". Since, it was endo they can see the teeth and the x-rays. I know the success rate of appeal is like less than 2% but does my basis for appeal stand any chance?

Actually I am seriously planning to sue WREB. Has anyone done it successfully in the past? Can I make a case on the basis that WREB did not follow their own criteria of scoring??

Please help. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

It was my third attempt and I failed wreb endo by a very small margin. Now they ask me to take the entire exam again after remediation. I am so shocked and upset with the result.

Please don't advise that I need to practice and take the f'ing torture exam again because I already did. It was the only section I took during my third attempt and I practiced endo full time for entire one month (in total 50 teeth). I strongly believe the scoring was not correct. I was expecting full score for my anterior, or at the minimum 4. I dont know how in the world they could give me 3 for both access and condensation. I know for a fact that if examiners did the scoring based on the WREB criteria then I would easily pass.

One option is, I could appeal for re-evaluation based on the ground that "examiners made a technical error by not scoring according to the wreb criteria". Since, it was endo they can see the teeth and the x-rays. I know the success rate of appeal is like less than 2% but does my basis for appeal stand any chance?

Actually I am seriously planning to sue WREB. Has anyone done it successfully in the past? Can I make a case on the basis that WREB did not follow their own criteria of scoring??

Please help. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Things happen with WREB especially since they're extracted teeth, but statistically what are the odds that you fail it 3x and the third time it's due to examiner error? Not to be a jerk but WREB tests for minimum competence....it just ensures that you're not going to hurt your patients by doing the most basic procedures. Asking for an appeal is a good option but suing is not going to get you anywhere. If endo is such an issue using extracted teeth then take NERB/ADEX and use their plastic ones.

Things happen with WREB especially since they're extracted teeth, but statistically what are the odds that you fail it 3x and the third time it's due to examiner error? Not to be a jerk but WREB tests for minimum competence....it just ensures that you're not going to hurt your patients by doing the most basic procedures. Asking for an appeal is a good option but suing is not going to get you anywhere. If endo is such an issue using extracted teeth then take NERB/ADEX and use their plastic ones.

:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the reply. I am also surprised how could 3 examiners give the wrong scoring. For example my Anterior tooth condensation looked like this:
"Gutta-percha exactly at apex, not short, not extruded
approximately 1.5 mm of sealer extruded beyond apical foramen.
No voids
Apical 1/3 dense and without voids, slight voids in the coronal ⅔ of the fill.
Smooth and tapered, minor irregularities
Almost no over and under instrumentation. No Apex transportation"

Now none of these warrants a score of '3'. I knew how critical it was to pass the section during third time so I was extremely diligent with my procedures and I exactly remember what I did. I still feel 3 examiners were wrong with their scoring.

The question is: exactly how should I present my argument to the WREB so that I can get a successful re evaluation.

Reactions: 1 user
Put up the x-ray for all to see otherwise we can't advise.

Reactions: 1 user