WREB - Is there ANY state that doesn't require Perio section?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WilliamC93

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
4th year dental student here

I've been trying to find an answer to this online for a good while now (like 20 minutes lol) and haven't come up with an answer, so I'm turning to you guys!

I am going into the Military for at least 4 years, so I'm not too concerned what state I get licensed in. I am still signed up for the regular WREB exam (Endo, Perio, Class II) and plan on taking it, but I am just keeping a back up in mind since I will have no time after my May exam to retake it if I can't find a patient/fail the perio section.

I've heard Arizona and will call them tomorrow, as I don't know if its true. Are there any others anyone is aware of?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Call all the states you're interested in. There's plenty that don't require it!

I would seriously look into taking one of the eastern exams like the ADEX. I know that my state and many others are going to stop accepting the WREB for licensure.

Members don't see this ad :)
4th year dental student here

I've been trying to find an answer to this online for a good while now (like 20 minutes lol) and haven't come up with an answer, so I'm turning to you guys!

I am going into the Military for at least 4 years, so I'm not too concerned what state I get licensed in. I am still signed up for the regular WREB exam (Endo, Perio, Class II) and plan on taking it, but I am just keeping a back up in mind since I will have no time after my May exam to retake it if I can't find a patient/fail the perio section.

I've heard Arizona and will call them tomorrow, as I don't know if its true. Are there any others anyone is aware of?

Perio is the easiest section of them all... easy to find, easy to pass. You should always have a primary patient and backup patient... and pay them to be there.

I would seriously look into taking one of the eastern exams like the ADEX. I know that my state and many others are going to stop accepting the WREB for licensure.
Odd. Why is that?

Honestly I don't remember the exact reasons, but it was something I heard directly from a state board member.

ohio

but i would seriously considering taking them all in case you want to moonlight somewhere your first 5 years. After 5 years, it doesn't really matter what you took

plus, i personally would rather get licensed in a state that waives many of the fees for military licensees