writing sample for research internship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sthpawslugger

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm applying for a research internship but was told along with my application materials(CV, personal statement, LORs) to submit a writing sample( no details provided in email or on website as to what specifically denotes this). I've never been asked to do this for any prior employment or internship. Anyone mind providing some feedback as to how I go about one? Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Eh, it's been 3 or 4 years since I've had to write one.

That's totally fine, you can use that if you still have it. Look over it before you send it and make sure there aren't any grammatical, spelling, or formatting errors. Pick something that you think shows your best work.

Reactions: 1 user
That's totally fine, you can use that if you still have it. Look over it before you send it and make sure there aren't any grammatical, spelling, or formatting errors. Pick something that you think shows your best work.

I managed to find two review papers...one an overview of concussions in sports, other is on potassium rectifiers, both written while in grad school. The internship is ortho-related, so would it be better submit something a little closer to the field? Also, both are rather lengthy...should I send just an excerpt, and if so, how long would you suggest? Sorry for the dumb questions. I just want to give myself the best chance at being considered.