WTF to do? Reschedule?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

woktheline

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just took my AAMC Sample, got the most recent score conversion:
- 505 (126/128/124/127)
- Testing 4/30
- ideal score 515+
but would probably be in good shape with the rest of my app with +/- 2 of 512

Very discouraged by the combination of online posts on the "ease" of the sample with an unmovable plateau in my previous blueprint FL's (486, 501, 503, 504, 504, 503, 502).

Brief self-fluff: I realize everyone thinks they study/prep sufficiently, but I genuinely feel as though I've doing everything I can (and the right way - pounding mistakes and emphasizing practice questions) since November.

- I do work Full time and am taking biochem, so that does keep me from doing the whole "6 hours a day" that others claim, but I started much earlier in order to log as many/more hours.

- My strategy is to through UW/AAMC with abandon, hit Anki daily, review FLs to try and understand every single question and where I went wrong. I do this with dedicated time and focus - no phones or surfing or anything else going on. I always finish with plenty of time, especially on CARS and P/S.

wtf do I do? what am I doing wrong that jumps out right away? Should I reschedule to later to get closer to my goal score??

Members don't see this ad.

It does feel that way. My advisor told me the absolute latest I should take it for this cycle though is the date I've registered, instead of May, because it would put me behind in the cycle - is that true?

Members don't see this ad :)
It does feel that way. My advisor told me the absolute latest I should take it for this cycle though is the date I've registered, instead of May, because it would put me behind in the cycle - is that true?
No. A strong score far outweighs a May test date.

If your score comes back after the AAMC submission opens, you can still submit without a score to a "throwaway" school, where you wouldn't mind them seeing your score if it's bad. That'll start the process for getting your primary application verified so you're not behind. Then, when your score comes back, you can add all your actual schools if you're satisfied with your score and your primary will already be verified.

Reactions: 1 user
Postpone. Even if you have to wait a year and you want MD, you should only take it when you're ready. Because if you do bad on it, it's gameover for MD.
If you're fine with DO, then 505 is ok.

I'm 28 and starting DO med school. The world doesn't end if you miss a year or two

• Care
Reactions: 1 user