WW Speed Round Sign-ups & Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
tumblr_inline_n1xaa7q8jl1s5xq7w.gif

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
833024.gif

That was a good play. Perfect timing. Nice execution. Poor Gwen never had a chance.
I knew you weren't the seer and I knew dyachei wasn't the seer based on how she voted, so I knew it was Gwen since LIS was a wolf. And dy would have investigated LIS by then

Members don't see this ad :)
@WildZoo was pulled from the sidewalk on her way home from a friend's. Rumour has it a white van with a moustached man offered her candy. That was the last time @WildZoo was seen alive...

@dyachei was unable to hold off the attack that came over night. Some say being zombievet may have helped her blend in with the dead. Unfortunately for her, she joined them.

Wolves win!

1. dyachei - Villager
2. brightimpressio - Villager
3. Gwenevre - Seer

4. @SummerTheLynx - Wolf
5. Mad Jack - Villager
6. WildZoo - Villager
7. devyn - Villager
8. @LetItSnow - Wolf
9. DVMDream - Villager
10. Cyndia - Angel

Thank you for playing!!!! :biglove:

Reactions: 1 users
I+tried.gif

As soon as STL came back as wolf, I thought we had this!

as has been discussed in the past, it's a slightly more difficult for the villagers to win these things...

but then you get the odd time when both wolves are eliminated one after the other. Dwin's game I think holds that record. :laugh:

It was luck. All luck. Just felt like lynching you :laugh:

I feel like lynching me, too.

That was LIS's call, not mine :p

I must be confused. I thought we switched it AWAY from the person voting to lynch you (to avoid making it obvious). Did I accidentally switch it TO the person voting for you?

That would be amusing.

I feel like lynching me, too.

I must be confused. I thought we switched it AWAY from the person voting to lynch you (to avoid making it obvious). Did I accidentally switch it TO the person voting for you?

That would be amusing.
So obvious that it worked! :p

That was LIS's call, not mine :p
Hypothetical scenario: IF we had ignored the seer battle and lynched LIS instead (since it was obvious he was the 2nd wolf at that point)...who would you have left alive to deal with determining who was the real seer? :laugh:

as has been discussed in the past, it's a slightly more difficult for the villagers to win these things...

but then you get the odd time when both wolves are eliminated one after the other. Dwin's game I think holds that record. :laugh:

I personally would find WW a lot more fun if wolf wins were rare.... I think it would (in the long run) be a lot more enjoyable to be able to look back and talk about the amazing times the wolves pulled it off. But the way we've gone as mods is toward trying to balance it to be equally likely (which doesn't make sense to me since there are far fewer wolves than villagers).

Hypothetical scenario: IF we had ignored the seer battle and lynched LIS instead (since it was obvious he was the 2nd wolf at that point)...who would you have left alive to deal with determining who was the real seer? :laugh:
Asking the real questions here

I personally would find WW a lot more fun if wolf wins were rare.... I think it would (in the long run) be a lot more enjoyable to be able to look back and talk about the amazing times the wolves pulled it off. But the way we've gone as mods is toward trying to balance it to be equally likely (which doesn't make sense to me since there are far fewer wolves than villagers).

Agreed.

Last edited:
Dyachei, sorry. She wouldn't expect me leaving her alive over you, so that would be my best bet. Besides, you asked me to kill you next time I am a wolf so you don't have betrayal issues :p

Wolves didn't win in my game, and it was a challenge for them... and DVMD complained. :mad:

I think some mods are just evil and want to see all the villagers get eaten

Reactions: 1 users
Wolves didn't win in my game, and it was a challenge for them... and DVMD complained. :mad:

Well sure. We obviously haven't gone to the extreme where wolves are winning all the time or something. That wasn't what I said. And anyway, I think you try and create games that are interesting more than you worry about balance. It's why I like them.

I think my general assessment was right, though: most mods now tend to try and balance it so that each side has a more or less equal chance of winning. That's just the direction it's gone.

If it were up to me (probably good thing it isn't), wolves wouldn't win more than one out of every 6-7 games at most.

DVMD complains about whatever side she's on. It's just who she is. :)

Last edited: