yale mstp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

newapple

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
on the pre-allo forum, someone is suggesting an md/phd acceptance from yale already. seems early to me - thought they weren't sending decisions until march 15. anyone else heard from yale?

Members don't see this ad.

on the pre-allo forum, someone is suggesting an md/phd acceptance from yale already. seems early to me - thought they weren't sending decisions until march 15. anyone else heard from yale?

I recently received an email from one of my interviewers that strongly suggested that I am likely to be accepted. Perhaps the same thing happened to the person in question and they told their friend they were accepted... no official word yet though.

I recently received an email from one of my interviewers that strongly suggested that I am likely to be accepted. Perhaps the same thing happened to the person in question and they told their friend they were accepted... no official word yet though.

Is that common practice with Yale's MSTP, i.e. has this happened in years past with those accepted?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yep, Yale has sent out emails like that before. My friend got one a few years back, said something along the lines of you had a great interview, nudge nudge, wink wink, keep us in mind. No pressure on you to accept or reciprocate.

Great program by the way. New Haven gets crapped on but if you like college towns or are a foodie it's a great scene. And New York is a short ride away.

They're not* rolling admissions; someone can't be getting nudge nudge wink wink emails after someone else has been accepted. The 'accepted' guy probably meant he had gotten this email.

Last edited:
Yikes, typo. That's what I meant. They're not rolling admissions, and hence why one person can't have been accepted while other people are receiving nudge nudge wink wink emails that they soon will be.

Yikes, typo. That's what I meant. They're not rolling admissions, and hence why one person can't have been accepted while other people are receiving nudge nudge wink wink emails that they soon will be.

Ah. That makes more sense.

Any of the other folks that interviewed at Yale want to weigh in? A little SDN creeping tells me that eight were offered interviews (well at least eight posted that they got interviews...). Surely, someone else received one of these e-mails.

Also, let me say that this entire process has turned me into a completely non-functional paranoid buffoon.

They're not rolling admissions, but they do send out these "we will accept you" letters. Some of these unofficial emails went out as early as January in years past. Then they officially accept everyone at the same time, including students who never received an unofficial letter.

Obviously I have no idea what's going on with this kid who claims to be accepted already, just throwing out the possibility that they may be referring to an unofficial winking acceptance rather than the official version.

Ah. That makes more sense.

Any of the other folks that interviewed at Yale want to weigh in? A little SDN creeping tells me that eight were offered interviews (well at least eight posted that they got interviews...). Surely, someone else received one of these e-mails.

Also, let me say that this entire process has turned me into a completely non-functional paranoid buffoon.

I did get one of those emails, and I did get accepted.

I second the buffoonery :p. I wonder why they send these emails? They're not feelers to see if you reciprocate the interest; the email came only just before the acceptance. It also wasn't my interviewer suddenly bubbling over with excitement months after meeting me and saying hello, because other people got a similar one.

Anyone heard back yet regarding waitlists or rejections? Were these decisions snail-mailed?