You know the application process is driving you crazy when...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I apologize for aforementioned tangent that happened in the official rejections, I tend to do that... that's why I've refrained from posting anything else.

Someone asked you why you were disqualified and you replied. I hardly qualify that as a tangent (trust me... I know what a tangent is lol)

Members don't see this ad.

I apologize for aforementioned tangent that happened in the official rejections, I tend to do that... that's why I've refrained from posting anything else.

No need to apologize!!! & hang in there - NC State has very stringent requirements :mad:. I did not mean to point out anything other than how this application process is making me irrational/check threads like a lunatic!! And now that more rejections are being posted :(, well I'm not sure I like that either!

Goodluck to everyone! Hang in there!

Members don't see this ad :)
this application process is making me irrational/check threads like a lunatic!!

You too? I don't know if it's gotten better or worse since I've been offered an interview. I still keep checking to see how you all are doing and keep hoping that you'll get interviews.

You too? I don't know if it's gotten better or worse since I've been offered an interview. I still keep checking to see how you all are doing and keep hoping that you'll get interviews.

That's what I was like last year after I got into Davis. I think I was almost as nervous for everyone else to hear as I was to hear myself!!

(and I'll admit it, since I was the first one to get the acceptance email I thought it might be a mistake and wanted more people to get them too.. :laugh: )

My hips have totally developed some twitch or something so that I constantly think my phone is ringing. I am also obsessively checking these posts! I'm slowly going insane. Like all of you I'm sure....:D

#44: You catch yourself relating waiting for vet schools to waiting for test results for some life threatening disease, as if not getting into vet school is as bad as literally dying.

45) You read this thread to blow off steam and now realize that you will most likely 1.) Have dreams including Conan O'Brien 2.) Start checking the spam folder of your email (never thought of that) 3.) Hope you get into a top 10 Pharmacy school if you don't get into any of your Vet schools?

46.) You talk to your roommate about your stress level and she walks out of the room only to return with her bible and reads "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own" ....While the whole time you stare at her thinking "how is this helping me at all?"

]
46.) You talk to your roommate about your stress level and she walks out of the room only to return with her bible and reads "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own" ....While the whole time you stare at her thinking "how is this helping me at all?"

Not sure I'd be able to refrain from smacking her with the bible at that point...good restraint!

Not sure I'd be able to refrain from smacking her with the bible at that point...good restraint!

Ditto...I want to smack anyone who so much as mentions the words "vet school" in conjunction with "have you heard...?"

:beat:

#45. When you're feeling bummed about not hearing back from places, you dwell on what you need to do to create a stronger application for next year.

#46 you fork over a few dollars to get the forum app on your phone to facilitate easier sdn stalking.

Members don't see this ad :)
"THEY DIDN'T HAVE VET SCHOOL WHEN THAT WAS WRITTEN! *smack*"
:thumbup: :smuggrin:

#45. When you're feeling bummed about not hearing back from places, you dwell on what you need to do to create a stronger application for next year.

I am the same way! I try not to give into it, though, because I am afraid to jinx myself for THIS year! :luck::luck:

27. When even though its the weekend, you keep checking your mail/phone/SDN hoping that an admissions office will start sending out interview invites.

This is my favorite... not sure why I think a status would change on the weekend since admissions is closed but I still keep checking every couple of hours it feels like!

15. The people at Starbucks (or other local coffee shop) know you by name, know your drink order, and all you have to do is hand them your cup and credit card.

16. Ditto for the liquor store (jk, jk! :laugh: ).

I don't drink coffee or alcohol, but the last time I walked into Baskin-Robbins, the gal immediately grabbed a chocolate dipped waffle cone and starting dishing up 2 scoops of chocolate chip ice cream into it.

And, ya know, now that I mention it, that does sound kinda yummy right now....hmmm.

#47) you have your husband call admissions under a bogus name to ask when letters/invites go out because you've called admissions one too many times yourself and are afraid they'll recognize your "crazy applicant" voice... :oops:

#47b) And you irrationally conclude that if they do recognize you and label you as a "crazy applicant", they will for some reason deduct points from your application just because you were "bugging them" (even though you probably aren't, and most schools are very nice about answering questions!)

#47) you have your husband call admissions under a bogus name to ask when letters/invites go out because you've called admissions one too many times yourself and are afraid they'll recognize your "crazy applicant" voice... :oops:

HAHAHAHA, I've never thought of this!! Thanks for the great idea. Oh honey.....

Lol! The Tufts admissions people literally know me by name. :rolleyes:

#48 - You bury yourself in a ridiculous amount of work and activities because you know any free time would be spent refreshing SDN and panicking about admissions.

Ha, I almost wonder if they get to the point where they recognize our voices :laugh: I lost count of the number of phone calls (and e-mails) I've sent to them over the past year with a million and one various questions. They were always so nice though :love:

And thank goodness for that - they ALWAYS say "Oh, hi! It's so nice to hear from you!" and are helpful and pleasant and I love them. :love:

SOOO true! I've been going over course listings all this week to see what I can take next semester to improve my application next year!

49) You irrationally conclude that your e-mail server is selectively deleting certain emails (from vet schools) and that your mailman is withholding vital pieces of mail from you.

49) You irrationally conclude that your e-mail server is selectively deleting certain emails (from vet schools) and that your mailman is withholding vital pieces of mail from you.

OR that the vet schools lost/mistyped your email or snail mail address. :laugh:

This. Is. Amazing.

50.) You revert back to comforting childish behaviors (presently, eating macaroni and cheese and watching Aladdin) in order to forget the stress and pressure that you're currently under.

50.) You revert back to comforting childish behaviors (presently, eating macaroni and cheese and watching Aladdin) in order to forget the stress and pressure that you're currently under.

Yea, I think I've eaten more cookies and ice cream in the past month than I have in my entire life. And I wonder why I'm breaking out...

51) You've begun taking an antacid every morning with your vitamins......

mmm... chalky!

And have, more than once, considered adding 1/2 a valium to the mix...

And a sleeping pill at night to avoid the half-asleep interview fantasies and nightmares.

#52. After reading this thread to take your mind off the waiting, you find yourself doing some of the things on here. (If you hadn't before, you are now.)

I read this and then went right to Craigslist (#28), where I was amazed by the housing prices in Manhattan, KS. You can get a 4 bedroom/3 bath for $900 less a month than my 3bedroom/2bath here!

I read this and then went right to Craigslist (#28), where I was amazed by the housing prices in Manhattan, KS. You can get a 4 bedroom/3 bath for $900 less a month than my 3bedroom/2bath here!

I'm going to have the opposite problem - I live in a very inexpensive area and am not looking forward to paying over $700/month for food+utilities+rent+internet+cable+other.

53) You and the other Purdue applicants are seriously discussing what counts as "mid-week", because that's when they said they'd send out interview invites.

54) Whenever you fall asleep (in class included), you end up dreaming that all your schools accepted you early without interviews. Yes this has happened to me multiple times. :( Waking up sucks.

55) When the admissions portal adds a "box" for some people for transcripts, we all lose our minds.

56) Your dreams about Vet School are starting to have levels, like Inception. Dream self A got admitted to CSU. Dream self B then woke up (within the dream, still) and realized it was a dream. Then I actually woke up and was totally weirded out.

EDIT: 57) you had to edit this post b/c you can't count and started with 54 again. :smack:

53) You and the other Purdue applicants are seriously discussing what counts as "mid-week", because that's when they said they'd send out interview invites.

58) You can't eat breakfast, you're in such a rush to get to work and check your e-mail, only to discover it empty. HURRY UP PURDUE! :confused:

I'm going to have the opposite problem - I live in a very inexpensive area and am not looking forward to paying over $700/month for food+utilities+rent+internet+cable+other.

Oh how I wish.... my mortgage alone isn't just $700....

59.) Even your family is going crazy. Case in point: my mom came home from work this morning and saw I was on SDN and the first thing she said to me was "So has anyone heard anything? Is there any news???"

60) You lie awake most of the night planning and replanning your life for the immediate future, first with the "I get into vet school" outcome and second with the "I don't get into vet school" outcome.

[Although this planning-my-future anxiety is probably more present for me than other folks who are still have another semester...I'm finishing my pre-reqs this semester and still don't know what I'm going to do in January.]

61) You think about what exactly you are going to say on your facebook status if you get in, as well as the order of the people you will call as soon as you find out...

62. You would rather spend your time obsessing about SDN and getting in then doing what every other crazed bride-to-be is most likely doing (you know obsessing about other stuff.... (is there such a thing?)

Hmm... right now, if I were to choose, I'd just elope to get into vet school.

63) You find yourself sifting through threads on SDN that are 100% irrelevant to you just so you can fill time while waiting for an interview/to hear back from a school....

63) You find yourself sifting through threads on SDN that are 100% irrelevant to you just so you can fill time while waiting for an interview/to hear back from a school....
:whoa:<- That would be me, tip-toeing out of the Ohio thread ehehe. (If only G2D would tell us I could leave you all be!)

62. You would rather spend your time obsessing about SDN and getting in then doing what every other crazed bride-to-be is most likely doing (you know obsessing about other stuff.... (is there such a thing?)

Hmm... right now, if I were to choose, I'd just elope to get into vet school.

You're not alone!

54) Whenever you fall asleep (in class included), you end up dreaming that all your schools accepted you early without interviews. Yes this has happened to me multiple times. :( Waking up sucks.

Alternately,

64) You dream that your in-state vet school, which is supposed to give you an automatic interview, calls your SO before you even interview to say that you've been rejected.

#65. You thought signing up for SDN was a great way to help you in becoming a veterinarian. Now you just think it's a great way to help you in becoming a basket case!!