You know you're a pharmacy nerd when...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmDstudent

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
You get excited, because now there's a generic for DuoNeb! :D

Members don't see this ad.

pretty sure that generic has been out for at least 3 months.

pretty sure that generic has been out for at least 3 months.

I guess I'm a bigger nerd (I'm out of the loop) than I had thought! We just started using generic at my IPPE rotation.

What other nerdy stuff do y'all do?

When I was at my cousin's graduation party, I made a reference to something being "XL". I was trying to suggest that this thing was continous, so I just said "yeah, it's XL". My cousins were looking at me like, What? Everyone else on this planet thinks of XL as a size- XL clothes, XL fries and a drink at McDonald's, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
I tried explaining what an ACEI did and the least technical word I could think of was enzyme. Since three enzymes are involved (ang I, ACE, and AngII) it's really hard to differentiate between them using only "enzyme".

the real answer to this thread is when you create a thread called "You know you're a pharmacy nerd when..."

what are you if you could care less?

what are you if you could care less?
A pharmacy jock!

Check this out:

"Jock vs. Nerd
(A little outdated, but still funny)

The answer to the eternal question "Is it better to be a jock or a nerd?"

Michael Jordan makes over $300,000 a game. With $40 million in endorsements, he makes $178,100 a day, working or not.

If he sleeps 7 hours a night, he makes $52,000 every night while visions of sugarplums dance in his head.

If he goes to see a movie, it'll cost him $7.00, but he'll make $18,550 while he's there.

If he wanted to save up for a new Mercedes S-Class ($90,000) it would take him a whole 12 hours.

Assuming he puts the federal maximum of 15% of his income into a tax deferred account (401k), he will hit the federal cap of $9500 at 8:30 a.m. on January 1st.

If you were given a penny for every 10 dollars he made, you'd be living comfortably at $65,000 a year.

Amazing isn't it?

However, if Jordan saves 100% of his income for the next 250 years, he'll still have less than Bill Gates has today.

Game over. Nerd wins."

http://www.inflection-point.com/jokes/57.htm

Members don't see this ad :)
Only 1 more week of NFL pick'em :(
It's ok. Don't worry. The BCS bowl games are still running and the Super Bowl's coming up. You have plenty of games to watch! :D (including the BCS championship game :smuggrin:).

This is just a heads up, but we dispensed the generic for Fosamax today.

You are a pharmacy nerd when you think the coolest thing about cannabinoids is that they can cause apoptosis in various cancer cells...
That is cool. Propaganda against natural substances that have medicinal value is not cool. Why didn't they try to eradicate tobacco, poison ivy or mosquitoes instead?

Who said it is a natural cannabinoid I'm talking about?
No one said that.

Who says I'm a real pharmacy school student? Maybe I just play the role? I could be sitting on Mars right now transmitting a signal to Earth and making it all up. You never know...

Synthetics are more accurately dosed. Sure, you could make digitalis tea and guess how much is needed....or you could just use digixin...

Other than that, I s'pose it doesn't matter.

Synthetics are more accurately dosed. Sure, you could make digitalis tea and guess how much is needed....or you could just use digixin...

Other than that, I s'pose it doesn't matter.
I've heard Marinol is the pits.- sorry Priapism, I don't have a reputable source for that piece of information ;).