You know you've been accepted to dental school when...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mochafreak

registered quaffer
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was going to add this to the old "you know you're a pre-dent when..." thread, but I couldn't find it. I'll start off.

You know you're going to dental school when you start carrying other people's teeth in your coat pocket. :eek:

(I keep forgetting to bring a jar to the office I work at. So I put the teeth in baggies instead and take them home nightly...except last night I forgot to take them out, so they were still there this morning when I got work :laugh: )

Members don't see this ad.

....you tell your babysitter's cousin, your postman, and the homeless guy on the street that you were accepted.

(And don't worry - you WILL be accepted!!! This forum is proof to us all!)

Members don't see this ad :)
tinman831 said:
I wouldn't know. I haven't been accepted to dental school yet. :oops:

I apologize for the thread...precisely why I looked for the old one. However, I got to pg. 14 and gave up. :(

When you stop yourself from eating candy, because you think now as a future dentist it is unacceptable.

You post threads on the internet about being accepted to dental school.

mochafreak said:
I apologize for the thread...precisely why I looked for the old one. However, I got to pg. 14 and gave up. :(

don't apologize... hopefully i'll be able to contribute to this "you know you've been accepted" thread soon. :)

hahaha i like this one! I know.. I be telling all my professors, classmates,.. etc..

I'mFillingFine said:
....you tell your babysitter's cousin, your postman, and the homeless guy on the street that you were accepted.

(And don't worry - you WILL be accepted!!! This forum is proof to us all!)

mochafreak said:
I was going to add this to the old "you know you're a pre-dent when..." thread, but I couldn't find it. I'll start off.

You know you're going to dental school when you start carrying other people's teeth in your coat pocket. :eek:

(I keep forgetting to bring a jar to the office I work at. So I put the teeth in baggies instead and take them home nightly...except last night I forgot to take them out, so they were still there this morning when I got work :laugh: )

...you start flossing and telling all your friends and family that they'll get discounted or free dental care once you're a dentist :)

...you're broke as hell, debating whether or not to apply for food stamps becuase the application cycle depleted your retirement fund :(

mochafreak said:

HA..thats funny because my dad has been collecting his patients teeth for me!

you start randomly day dreaming about fantasies involving your girlfriend and a dental chair

JakeMUSC said:
you start randomly day dreaming about fantasies involving your girlfriend and a dental chair

i was daydreaming about fantasies involving a highspeed

Members don't see this ad :)
polarnut said:
i was daydreaming about fantasies involving a highspeed
hmm...youve got to find a man

when you start noticing how nasty some people's teeth look. I mean, seriously, some smokers, their teeth look gross.

...you're about to bomb every single one of your final exams, and for the first time you agreeingly nod your head when the frat boy next to you says "who gives a ****"

Note: Unfortunately, I haven't been accepted yet. This is just what I observed in my usually otherwise Type A personality classmates

You stop checking ..... (Hang on i'll be right back... ok..)... AADSAS every 30 seconds... And you no longer...(BRB... Ok...) wait at the window for your mailman.. Plus you start picturing what ....(hang on a sec.....) your name will look like with Dr. infront of it....

As you can tell, I havent been accepted anywhere yet.........lol..

you're waiting in a long line to weigh a cup of spit to tell someone about their salivary flow :scared:

or

you go to take a bite out of your hamburger but you realize that your hands are caked in a thick layer of ivorene (sp) dust

or

you've made a custom tray for something other than the oral cavity :cool:

superchris147 said:
you're waiting in a long line to weigh a cup of spit to tell someone about their salivary flow :scared:

or

you go to take a bite out of your hamburger but you realize that your hands are caked in a thick layer of ivorene (sp) dust

or

you've made a custom tray for something other than the oral cavity :cool:

um...im almost afraid to ask, but i will anyway...what exactly do you mean by that?

HermeytheElf said:
um...im almost afraid to ask, but i will anyway...what exactly do you mean by that?

i know :laugh:

HermeytheElf said:

You're not doing the Jimmy Hendrix thing are you? :laugh:

JakeMUSC said:
I get the sense that you have this daydream without even being accepted to dental school.

You walk around and feel an air of confidence about yourself, and that it's been all worth it.

I haven't been accepted yet but I have a good one....

You throw away all your dirty magazines because you now have something better to beat off to.

-OB- said:

You throw away all your dirty magazines because you now have something better to beat off to.

really? what would that be?

-OB- said:

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I'm pretty sure he's referring to his acceptance letter, though I can't say I particularly appreciated the mental images that resulted from reading that post. Lets try to keep it PG in the future, shall we?

HermeytheElf said:
I'm pretty sure he's referring to his acceptance letter, though I can't say I particularly appreciated the mental images that resulted from reading that post. Lets try to keep it PG in the future, shall we?

this coming from someone with a signature that reads: "Dentists do it till it hurts" :rolleyes:

HermeytheElf said:
Yah, personally I want to say, "*** everything," and just chill out until dental school."

polarnut said:
this coming from someone with a signature that reads: "Dentists do it till it hurts" :rolleyes:

You make a good point...in the spirit of my post I have updated my signature to Disney standards.

HermeytheElf said:

F*ck PG....when my letter comes I'll post a picture so you can appreciate the actual image instead of the mental image. :eek: :eek:

nob01001 said:
...you're about to bomb every single one of your final exams, and for the first time you agreeingly nod your head when the frat boy next to you says "who gives a ****"

:laugh: luckily im only taking one class this semester.

i wish i was only taking one class.. :(

-OB- said:
F*ck PG....when my letter comes I'll post a picture so you can appreciate the actual image instead of the mental image. :eek: :eek:

HAHAHA!!!!! :laugh:

You know you have been accepted to Dental schools when:

You continue to visit SDN with the same rigor as you did in the pre-acceptance era, if not more frequently. Only this time, you assume the role of a Pre-dental counselor role of the stressed-out, unsure pre-dent you once were.

Dr. Parm said:
You know you have been accepted to Dental schools when:

You continue to visit SDN with the same rigor as you did in the pre-acceptance era, if not more frequently. Only this time, you assume the role of a Pre-dental counselor role of the stressed-out, unsure pre-dent you once were.

:eek:

*hangs head in shame*

How do you all KNOW me so well?!?!

jk5177 said:
I get the sense that you have this daydream without even being accepted to dental school.
:confused: ......are you saying I had these fantasies before I was accepted and started dental school? or what? im confused :confused:

jk5177 said:
You walk around and feel an air of confidence about yourself, and that it's been all worth it.
I get the sense that you have this "air" without even being accepted to dental school.

All of your friends ask you to look at this one tooth.....

actually, this happens to me now, just as a lowly applicant :rolleyes:

I'mFillingFine said:
:eek:

*hangs head in shame*

How do you all KNOW me so well?!?!

Great minds my friend, great minds.

Kniles5 said:
All of your friends ask you to look at this one tooth.....

actually, this happens to me now, just as a lowly applicant :rolleyes:

To add to this specifically...
When your roommate thinks you were destined to be a dentist because she came to you with a toothache and you told her to floss (she had just eaten an apple). Low and behold, she flosses out a large chunk of apple and praises you as the best dentist ever, forgetting the fact you haven't even stepped foot into your first dental school class yet.

i bought a white labcoat and a name tag with the Dr. on it

polarnut said:

Haha. I am glad that you are ecstatic about your acceptance. And you should be! Congrats.

polarnut said:
Oh boy, are YOU excited about dental school. :laugh:

... when you don't check your mail as eagarly.

... when you take your time in deciding on which school to attend.

I'mFillingFine said:

HAHA!!! i even told the guy who cleans the office where i currently work at!! LOL :laugh: :oops:

mrodr043 said:
I'mFillingFine said:

HAHA!!! i even told the guy who cleans the office where i currently work at!! LOL :laugh: :oops:

Yep I agree. i've told ALL my friends and some of the professors i'm friendly with. I've had the most fun telling all those people that told me (directly or indirectly) that I wouldn't make it. Man, You should see their faces when i lay the info on them with the most innocent of facial expressions and the most enthusiastic smile. First the expression of shock (lasts for like 2 seconds) then they catch themselves and go "wow, I'm happy for you! Congratulations!" (fake smile poorly disguising their unbelief-induced shame). One guy was so shocked he just kept repeating, "university of Pennsylvania, wow!" he must have said it like 10 times in the 3 minutes I spent with him (he's the one that interrupted me and replied, "IF you get in." When i said something like, "when i get accepted I will.... that was back in July :D ). Another guy 'advised' me to forget about dentistry that "it is too competitive and it's hard to get in." He did the worst at concealing his displeasure-- he didn't! :laugh: :laugh: I just thank God.

You know you've been accepted to dental school when...

You're ready to give your boss the two-fisted bronx cheer. :laugh: