Your opinion please..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I said it on the other thread, but CONGRATS again, and I'm sure you made the right decision.

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you everyone, for your support. It really helps to hear everybody's opinion. I am sure that Harvard is a great option for many people. It's just not for me. and I think I am doing both myself and them a favor by realizing that now :). I just have to make the right decision for me, and true to what I want out of life, even if it's an unconventional choice.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think it's that unconventional. I don't know what the acceptance to matriculation rate is up there (Maebea?) but I'm sure several turn them down each year and my guess is that number is over a dozen.

FWIW, at my interview the current students said that they went 4-5 deep on their waitlist last year. I'm not sure if that was a typical cycle.

Thank you everyone, for your support. It really helps to hear everybody's opinion. I am sure that Harvard is a great option for many people. It's just not for me. and I think I am doing both myself and them a favor by realizing that now :). I just have to make the right decision for me, and true to what I want out of life, even if it's an unconventional choice.
Congrats, WM. FWIW, I think you made the right decision also, based on everything you've told us. Best of :luck: to you with school. :)

I'll add to the pile of people saying, "Congrats on making the (we think) right decision!" :)
Ari

I feel that the Harvard MSTP may be a little overrated. I have been lecturing to the program two years ago upon invitation by the Center of Blood Research. I may ruffle some feathers by saying this, but I was quite disappointed by my interaction with the MD-PhD students there.

We had a group session with ca. 20 students. Honestly, I was unimpressed with the technical/scientific quality of the discussants. My students tend to be better than what I saw there. I was also disappointed with their manners (a few people were texting or even answering their cell phones during the session...).