Z gets to stay up all night..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZpackSux

Retired
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
smoking a brisket for daughter's Bday party tomorrow. Mrs. Z understands it takes 1 hour per pound of brisket to smoke it. But she brought home the brisket at 6PM today... which means...I need to check on it hourly to make sure hickory blocks are smoking instead of burning. What a Joy.

To make this thread pharmacy related...do you think all that smoke in meat is fairly carcinogenic?

Maybe I'll pop 1 can of beer per hour...

Members don't see this ad.

smoking a brisket for daughter's Bday party tomorrow. Mrs. Z understands it takes 1 hour per pound of brisket to smoke it. But she brought home the brisket at 6PM today... which means...I need to check on it hourly to make sure hickory blocks are smoking instead of burning. What a Joy.

To make this thread pharmacy related...do you think all that smoke in meat is fairly carcinogenic?

Maybe I'll pop 1 can of beer per hour...

Ill stay up allnight posting irrelevant posts in this forum:D

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll be up for a while, but I'll be playing NCAA 08. Good luck with the brisket, I haven't eaten dinner yet... hmm

If you weren't a tcehie.. I would have invited you over for a cold one...but.. j/k

I only have up to 2006. In dynasty mode...did 3 years worth of recruting. I've won the MNC every year.. easily. with 10 minute quarters, I usually score in 70's to 100's.

by the way, I pounded aggie last night 38-3 with Tech, it was a good time, Japorkie's fattyness doesn't translate well to the game.

anyway, in all seriousness, you did your pharm work at USC, a fine institution on many levels, would you, had the option existed at the time, even considered A&M K'ville for your pharmacy work? I know the school isn't actually an "A&M" the way CS and Galveston are, but the pharmacy school is supposed to be, as a part of the health sciences center.

this is an out of left field question I know, but I wanted an aggie's opinion on the school, and not the opinion of someone desparate to get into school somewhere

by the way, I pounded aggie last night 38-3 with Tech, it was a good time, Japorkie's fattyness doesn't translate well to the game.

anyway, in all seriousness, you did your pharm work at USC, a fine institution on many levels, would you, had the option existed at the time, even considered A&M K'ville for your pharmacy work? I know the school isn't actually an "A&M" the way CS and Galveston are, but the pharmacy school is supposed to be, as a part of the health sciences center.

this is an out of left field question I know, but I wanted an aggie's opinion on the school, and not the opinion of someone desparate to get into school somewhere

Kingsville will serve a much needed service to the South Texas area where shortage of pharmacists is at a critical level. If I was from the area, I would not have hesitated to go to school there. After all, PharmD is a PharmD... and having worked with pharmacists from all over the country, it matters not where you graduated from. It's the individual effort to better themselves as a pharmacist that sets apart from one to another.

That being said... I always score over 50 points on my opponents...
And in real life.... you know Jorvorskie and Goodson will tear it up next year..and still lose in Lubbutt.

I've been playing NCAA 08 a bunch too. The people online can't handle Slaton, White, and Devine in the backfield all at the same time. I can put up 350 yards rushing on ANYBODY.

I've been playing NCAA 08 a bunch too. The people online can't handle Slaton, White, and Devine in the backfield all at the same time. I can put up 350 yards rushing on ANYBODY.

how are your opponents setting up the defense? If you're rushing 350 yards..then they know you're running it a lot...

Brisket Update. Been smoking for 4 hours. The wet hickory blocks are creating enormous amount of smoke...I smell like hickory. Surprisingly, neighbors aren't calling the fire department.

you have PS3 or 360?

I'm still not too good at 08, but I'll play if you're free

Zpak - I agree that, in the big picture, it's a good thing. But having lived in the area, and been to kingsville, I would hate having to attend there. Amarillo kinda sucks, but it's a million times better than kville. I lived in the valley (La Feria to be exact) from during high school 98-02, and my parents still live there so I visit, but I could never imagine going back. However, I sincerely hope that it does what you're saying and help the region out, because it needs it pretty badly

I'm rambling now, but I was curious, I guess my mindset on the school is very different being from the area, but I'm glad you said what you did.

WVU, if PS3's have made it to WV yet ;) I'll play ya

you have PS3 or 360?

Zpak - I agree that, in the big picture, it's a good thing. But having lived in the area, and been to kingsville, I would hate having to attend there. Amarillo kinda sucks, but it's a million times better than kville. I lived in the valley (La Feria to be exact) from during high school 98-02, and my parents still live there so I visit, but I could never imagine going back. However, I sincerely hope that it does what you're saying and help the region out, because it needs it pretty badly

I'm rambling now, but I was curious, I guess my mindset on the school is very different being from the area, but I'm glad you said what you did.

Which is better, the PS3 or XBOX 360?

Members don't see this ad :)

the systems themselves?

that depends how you define better. 360 has a way huger game selection right now, but I think the performance ceiling for the PS3 is better, plus Blu-Ray, which is why I went ps3 over 360, otherwise I think the game availability for the 360 is much more attractive

you have PS3 or 360?

I could tolerate Corpus... did some consulting for the hospital chain down there... I couldn't live in the Valley... I have an account there.

M.. you don't have one? Man... told ya...working 70 hours per week has left you with nothing... Even old man Z has had a PS2 for years and beat up on little kids!!

I could tolerate Corpus... did some consulting for the hospital chain down there... I couldn't live in the Valley... I have an account there.

then you know what I've been through

Corpus isn't too bad, but living in SA or south means Mexico is more celebrated than the US.

I like Mexico fine, but I'm an american and I shouldn't have to speak spanish to get by in my own country (which is why I could never move back to the valley, being the minority will make you pretty callous/bitter about certain things)

then you know what I've been through

Corpus isn't too bad, but living in SA or south means Mexico is more celebrated than the US.

I like Mexico fine, but I'm an american and I shouldn't have to speak spanish to get by in my own country (which is why I could never move back to the valley, being the minority will make you pretty callous/bitter about certain things)

I can live in San Antonio no problem. I was there yesterday.... I would buy 5acres on top of a hill...put up a beatiful stucco spanish style home with an oasis of pool... go out to the river walk once a month... and play those golf courses. Some friends are considering retiring out that way...

I can live in San Antonio no problem. I was there yesterday.... I would buy 5acres on top of a hill...put up a beatiful stucco spanish style home with an oasis of pool... go out to the river walk once a month... and play those golf courses. Some friends are considering retiring out that way...

well, I agree that I could live in Boerne and visit actual SA once in a while, but then again I don't know if I could do that, because then I'd hear about the Spurs even more than I did in the valley, man I hate the spurs

M.. you don't have one? Man... told ya...working 70 hours per week has left you with nothing... Even old man Z has had a PS2 for years and beat up on little kids!!

I guess I should go and buy one? Yeah, this weekend I will, got paid today:)

well, I agree that I could live in Boerne and visit actual SA once in a while, but then again I don't know if I could do that, because then I'd hear about the Spurs even more than I did in the valley, man I hate the spurs

hell...I hate the sips and techies...but I have to live amongst them... :smuggrin:

I guess I should go and buy one? Yeah, this weekend I will, got paid today:)

actually you shouldn't. I don't think you have the time to be tooling around NCAA.... it will hook you alright.

I own all three. I personally rank them:
1) Xbox 360
2) Wii
3) PS3

I have NCAA 08 for 360...I'm sorry...but the amount of gamers online and the xbox live community in general kick the crap out of the PS3. I haven't really touched the PS3 in months, honestly...there just aren't any good games out. I can't wait until MGS4, though.

And the folks online usually run zone out of a nickel or 4-3 first, then might start spying a LB...then the strong safeties...then run 3-3-5 bear...then run 4-4....then they just realize that they can't stop me. Just like the real WVU. If you play as WVU and can master their offense, you will be flat out unstoppable unless the opponent is pretty good with Michigan or USC's defense. Of course the WVU defense couldn't stop a hair folicle...just like the real WVU... Most of my games wind up being something like 52-42.

1) Xbox 360
2) Wii
3) PS3

I have NCAA 08 for 360...I'm sorry...but the amount of gamers online and the xbox live community in general kick the crap out of the PS3. I haven't really touched the PS3 in months, honestly...there just aren't any good games out. I can't wait until MGS4, though.

And the folks online usually run zone out of a nickel or 4-3 first, then might start spying a LB...then the strong safeties...then run 3-3-5 bear...then run 4-4....then they just realize that they can't stop me. Just like the real WVU. If you play as WVU and can master their offense, you will be flat out unstoppable unless the opponent is pretty good with Michigan or USC's defense. Of course the WVU defense couldn't stop a hair folicle...just like the real WVU... Most of my games wind up being something like 52-42.

XBOX then?

1) Xbox 360
2) Wii
3) PS3

They can line up nickel...then change up to goal line all out blitz...should probably stop your run. Then again..of course you can drop off a screen and run for the TD...unless goal line d has Zone CBs..

They can line up nickel...then change up to goal line all out blitz...should probably stop your run. Then again..of course you can drop off a screen and run for the TD...unless goal line d has Zone CBs..

When people rush eight...there is actually a play in the 2RB shotgun set that is essentially a triple option with Devine, Slaton, and White. White runs read option with Devine, then assuming you read QB keep, it becomes a standard option with Slaton to the opposite side. I've actually been able to consistently get 3-4 yards on that despite the blitz. You just have to know how to read the DE.

I do pass occasionally though. Pat White usually goes 6-9 and about 80-120 yards. Mostly, again, screens and WR bubble screens. I like to run this one screen to my FB out of the goal line set. Schmitt is a freakin' bulldozer in this years' game.

How did they get 'em to fit in the little rolling papers?

:cool:

:laugh:

I find your motivation lacking. Where there's a will, there's a way.

:laugh:

I find your motivation lacking. Where there's a will, there's a way.

Look, I was getting concerned when people were smoking camels, but now salmon? Is there no pride left in the world?

you have PS3 or 360?

I lived in the valley (La Feria to be exact) from during high school 98-02, and my parents still live there so I visit, but I could never imagine going back.

I know what you mean. You couldn't pay me enough to work in the valley.

hey....i got my five hours' sleep.

just say no to double shifts.

i'm intrigued as to how one smokes brisket or salmon. sounds tasty....even at 7 am!

ps - zpak, if mrs zpak bought the brisket too late, why isn't she staying up watching it? did want any excuse to stay up all night and play xbox?

If you can't get your mind around that, you have either smoked too much or too little. :p

So, which is it? I need an anwer, right NOW! This is an URGENT question!!!!!

hey....i got my five hours' sleep.

just say no to double shifts.

i'm intrigued as to how one smokes brisket or salmon. sounds tasty....even at 7 am!

ps - zpak, if mrs zpak bought the brisket too late, why isn't she staying up watching it? did want any excuse to stay up all night and play xbox?

Women aren't allowed to go near a smoking brisket... :smuggrin:

The black carcinogenic looking chunk of 12lb brisket is done.. now wrapped in foil and sitting in oven. The secret bbq sauce which will be poured over the meat when served is poured into squeeze bottles... home made cole slaw is chilled.. Patio has been pressure washed by Z himself of course..

Pool looks crystal clear..and kids will have fun. I really wanna go play golf.

The black carcinogenic looking chunk of 12lb brisket is done.. now wrapped in foil and sitting in oven. The secret bbq sauce which will be poured over the meat when served is poured into squeeze bottles... home made cole slaw is chilled.. Patio has been pressure washed by Z himself of course..

Pool looks crystal clear..and kids will have fun. I really wanna go play golf.

Sounds like fun!