How long did it take to hear from BU?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RupeshV

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just wondering how long it took you to find out about a decision from BU after the interview. I was interviewed on March 6th and still have not heard anything from them, any input would help, thanks

Rupesh

Members don't see this ad.

I heard in seven days. Did you get a buisness card from DR. Hutter or the person that emailed you? Email him and maybe you can show your interest.

im in the same boat you're in b/c i had my interview on March 7th and still havent heard anything. They said 4 to 6 weeks and i think this is the 6th week. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I actually did recieve a business card from Mrs. Sarkis- yeah I think I will email her, thanks alot hopefully it helps

galangvu said:
im in the same boat you're in b/c i had my interview on March 7th and still havent heard anything. They said 4 to 6 weeks and i think this is the 6th week. :(

RupeshV said:
I actually did recieve a business card from Mrs. Sarkis- yeah I think I will email her, thanks alot hopefully it helps

I was interview by Mrs. Sarkis in Feb and emailed her the next day to thank her and tell her how bad I wanted to go to BU. I got accepted 2 weeks later but will be going somewhere else...

my advice to everyone - email the interviewer the day after! I did and got accepted everywhere I interviewed

I just emailed her, and she said that the admissions committee has recently made a decision and I will be notified shortly, hopefully I get in

Rupesh

RupeshV said:
I just emailed her, and she said that the admissions committee has recently made a decision and I will be notified shortly, hopefully I get in

Rupesh

Hey Rupesh,

when did you interview?

Wow!

Can I ask those of you who has been admitted to BU's dental school what kind of DAT scores you've had?

My friend has visited BU's dental school for an interview in the first week of March.

However, he received a letter of rejection three weeks ago, and he's very very angry.

He tells me that in order to even be competitive for dental school admissions, you need to have at least a 20 all across the board. Is this test score trend true for those of you who were accepted to BU?

As an average my AA was 20, did better in some areas (orgo), and worst in others (QR). GPA, 3.57. God-Speed

I interviewed on March 6th, and my AA was 19- and I have seen alot of people getting accepted with a 19. I did my masters at Boston School of Medicine so that might have helped.

RupeshV said:
I interviewed on March 6th, and my AA was 19- and I have seen alot of people getting accepted with a 19. I did my masters at Boston School of Medicine so that might have helped.

Hopefully I will get into BU as well. I have a PAT of 19 and a AA of 24. However I got my AADSAS out in August which I have found has hurt me. I interview on the 13th of March so I should be hearing back soon...

Wow, great DAT scores, I am sure you will get in. The admissions lady told me that they send out rejection letters early right after the interview, and that if you have not heard from them in awhile then that is a good sign. Who knows if she was being honest or not- just cross your fingers. Good luck

wpeck said:
Hopefully I will get into BU as well. I have a PAT of 19 and a AA of 24. However I got my AADSAS out in August which I have found has hurt me. I interview on the 13th of March so I should be hearing back soon...

Members don't see this ad :)
interviewed on March 7th and found out April 21 (today) through AADSAS that i got in!

I interviewed Feb 3rd and JUST found today on AADSAS that I got in too!! :D For the people that haven't heard back from BU, keep your spirits up!! I waited 11 weeks to hear back. GOOD LUCK!

galangvu said:
interviewed on March 7th and found out April 21 (today) through AADSAS that i got in!

jscl said:
I interviewed Feb 3rd and JUST found today on AADSAS that I got in too!! :D For the people that haven't heard back from BU, keep your spirits up!! I waited 11 weeks to hear back. GOOD LUCK!

Congrats to you (and me)! are you going to attend BU?

galangvu said:
Congrats to you (and me)! are you going to attend BU?

Haha sorry about that. I was too excited and forgot to offer you a CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! I think the possibility is high that i'll be attending. I've got another week or so to decide between NYU or BU.

Will you be attending?

jscl said:
Haha sorry about that. I was too excited and forgot to offer you a CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! I think the possibility is high that i'll be attending. I've got another week or so to decide between NYU or BU.

Will you be attending?

i'm pretty sure i'll be attending b/c its between Nova and BU... and i want the beach to stay a vacation spot... not 4 years of studying

galangvu said:
i'm pretty sure i'll be attending b/c its between Nova and BU... and i want the beach to stay a vacation spot... not 4 years of studying

Congrats to all of you, hopefully I'll be joining you this fall. Did you get the notice by email or by letter?

Rupesh

RupeshV said:
Congrats to all of you, hopefully I'll be joining you this fall. Did you get the notice by email or by letter?

Rupesh
I got the notice through AADSAS when i checked my status and it told me that i'll recieve more info in the mail withing the next 5 days. (AADSAS is actually good for something) good luck to you!

RupeshV said:

Rupesh

Yup, I got my notice through AADSAS as well, this is what it said:

"Offer Made: At this time we have extended you an offer of admission. You will receive a packet in the U.S. Mail. Please allow 5 days or so for delivery from the date your status was updated. There will be instructions in your letter on how to accept the offer."

Is anyone able to get in touch with anyone at BU. I can never get a hold of Liane Weber; and whenever I call the admissions office I go straight to voicemail. When I write an e-mail it seems as if its an automated response. Anyone having this problem know how to get around this?

wpeck said:
Is anyone able to get in touch with anyone at BU. I can never get a hold of Liane Weber; and whenever I call the admissions office I go straight to voicemail. When I write an e-mail it seems as if its an automated response. Anyone having this problem know how to get around this?
I emailed Dr. Shaw a couple weeks back and she had forward it to Liane Weber. If I were you, I would call and call and call again until some picks up.

galangvu said:
I emailed Dr. Shaw a couple weeks back and she had forward it to Liane Weber. If I were you, I would call and call and call again until some picks up.

Well, I am doing research at the dental school right now and we are located in the basement of the dental school and I use the lab phone to call the admissions lady and I always get in touch with them. My advice is to just keep calling- you are bound to get in touch with them.

wpeck said:

I don't think Ms. Weber picks up her phone since she's not in office most of the time. I wrote to my interviewer and she's very nice and fairly quick in responding my emails. (record is 30 min). too bad I am still on the alternate list... anyone withdrawing so I can have a chance??

ledmirage said:
I don't think Ms. Weber picks up her phone since she's not in office most of the time. I wrote to my interviewer and she's very nice and fairly quick in responding my emails. (record is 30 min). too bad I am still on the alternate list... anyone withdrawing so I can have a chance??

When you wrote your interviewer a letter, what did that email detail?

Just have you guys made a decision?

wpeck said:
When you wrote your interviewer a letter, what did that email detail?

Just have you guys made a decision?

I told her I was really interested in attending, and she replied that she acknowledged my interest, that's all... guess i just have to wait...

i just recieved a mail saying that i've been placed on the alternate list... i guess i have very slim chance of getting an acceptance.. :( :(

stv2826 said:
i just recieved a mail saying that i've been placed on the alternate list... i guess i have very slim chance of getting an acceptance.. :( :(

Keep your hopes up, buddy! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

hey guys,

i just found out that I have been placed on the alternate list as well, this sucks. Looks like my hopes of getting are slim to none.

Rupesh

just a couple of things to think about before you make a desicion:
1) don't listen to just me
2) ask ?'s and not to the admission ppl. they're in the business to sell the school. i agree they're awesome, but they are not a good guage of how the other ppl are in that school. ask the ppl who have to deal with bu everyday, meaning the students. ask if the apex is worth it. if they had any complaints.
3) bu is about money. they keep accepting more and more students when there's no chairs for the ones we have now. apex btw is a program to get students out of the school, so others can use the classrooms. it's not to 'gain clinical expereinece'.
4) interviewers for bu, don't even have their dental license. there's something seriously wrong with that.
5) boston is expensive. studio around school will be $1100. and that's cheap. you're not going to want to commute. plus the commute is subway and bus. the busses here suck, esp the #1.
6) if you want to come to bosotn anyways... think harvard or tufts. both are close to subway stops.

i sound bitter as heck don't i. sorry i'm tried. good luck.

RupeshV said:
hey guys,

i just found out that I have been placed on the alternate list as well, this sucks. Looks like my hopes of getting are slim to none.

Rupesh

rupesh: dude i'm sorry. you should know how bu works. they're very very political here and they'll prob tell you to do excel in order to be accepted. they denied me my first year and made me take three classes at community college and do excel (1000 bucks). if it's your only choice, sit tight, but hopefully you have tufts or another school to fall back on.

good luck

dentaldamit said:
i sound bitter as heck don't i. sorry i'm tried. good luck.

2nd semester of 2nd year is that tough, huh?