Starting 12/1, CPJE QA again

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Why?????

Members don't see this ad.

I was thinking to schedule for the exam in a couple of weeks. Should I wait and schedule it in January then. I have been studying with the weissman and rxprep book for it.
Does anybody have the top 200 list. I heard there are a lot of questions on auxiliary labels, counseling, IV to PO ratio. But rxprep does not have all these for all drugs.
Are there any other resources or pdfs out there.

Thank you

Members don't see this ad :)
I was thinking to schedule for the exam in a couple of weeks. Should I wait and schedule it in January then. I have been studying with the weissman and rxprep book for it.
Does anybody have the top 200 list. I heard there are a lot of questions on auxiliary labels, counseling, IV to PO ratio. But rxprep does not have all these for all drugs.
Are there any other resources or pdfs out there.

Thank you

I found this to be useful when reviewing for the top 200: http://quizlet.com/2061660/learn/
And if you have more time, skim through this as well: http://quizlet.com/5453417/top-300-drugs-names-flash-cards/

Good luck!

So are people who took it in November in QA? EFFF that if it is..

I called the board to ask this question last week, according to the receptionist I talked to on the phone if you wrote the CPJE December 2nd and beyond you will be caught in the QA, December 1st and before you should get your results in a normal time frame.

I called the board to ask this question last week, according to the receptionist I talked to on the phone if you wrote the CPJE December 2nd and beyond you will be caught in the QA, December 1st and before you should get your results in a normal time frame.

I did the same thing, the receotionist told me if you took it in Nov you will be fine. But nothing yet and next week it would be a month which is the time frame ( if I am not mistaken).

Girlfriend just got her score! She is ecstatic!!! She got a 94!!!!

Very Happy for you.Congarts. Is that mean we will get it soon. Can I ask what is the date on the letter and the date of the post marked?
Thank you and good luck in the next.

I got my results today and I passed with a 77 :). Seems like they probably send the results out in clusters, I wrote Nov. 28th and the date on the score report is Dec 10th. I live in the Bay Area FYI.

Hi . i took my CPJE on 12/04/2012... i know i hit the QA thing...please share if any updates about the release date or if any one has any expectations about that date...wish you all the best of luck..Thanks

i took it on 12/4 too....called the board and they say we're stuck in QA so we're not going to get our results earliest mid january or latest in feb

Members don't see this ad :)
Quick update...called the board today and they said they had a little over 100 people who took the CPJE. So they anticipate the score results will not be release until feb to march.....Why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could be making big bucks now instead of getting paid as an intern. I guessed that's what you call...bad luck to be stuck in QA (Quality Assurance)

Anyone else know how QA is done in other states or for other professional exams...isn't it a bit ridiculous to wait for 2-3 months just for test results?

My friend took hers 12/1 and hasn't gotten any word yet. She was offered a pharmacist position around Christmas, but because of the delay she couldn't get her license soon enough, so the job is no longer hers =/.

I wonder if there is any way we can create a petition so the Board can consider working towards a more efficient QA process that would benefit future test takers. If other states and professional exams are doing the QA much more efficiently, why should we sit back and accept the way it is right now?

I feel helpless and wish I was in a position to implement some changes, but the least I can do is offer a suggestion and garner some support. I would hate it if this delay continues to affect our colleagues next year and down the line. Sigh. At least I got to vent a bit, LOL.

Called BOP QA is up to 140 exams...this blows.

Is there a certain number of exams they have to reach before the QA will be complete? I've tried calling and emailing the board and received either a vague or no response. Took the exam on 1/3 and thought I would know something by now.

Update!
Called the board today and they said the results will be release in feb. Hopefully, they stick with it considering they might not meet 400 ppl in feb.

Is there a certain number of exams they have to reach before the QA will be complete? I've tried calling and emailing the board and received either a vague or no response. Took the exam on 1/3 and thought I would know something by now.

They want 400 exams before QA will be over. BUT the update sounds like they could be ending the QA because it's taking way too long to get to 400. Only 150 exams since Dec. 1. Hopefully they release scores ASAP.

I am unemployed no technician license and I'm almost out of money. Do think it's worth emailing the board to see if they will release my score? I am kind of desperate. Thanks!

A friend just made a really good point that your school can help. they want their graduates to be successful and secure jobs ASAP. and if they are aware of such ridiculous delay, they can try to communicate with the board to improve the process for everyone.

So contact yor dean and see if he/she can help.
Good luck!

I am unemployed no technician license and I'm almost out of money. Do think it's worth emailing the board to see if they will release my score? I am kind of desperate. Thanks!

I just called last week and they said scores have not been released yet and our best bet is to check the exam results website to see if it's been update which will mean scores have been released. I don't think they'll release scores under subjected requests due to financial hardship, although, that would be great.

On second though, I was speaking of Pharmacist license not technician or Intern.

Just email the BOP and scores are being mailed out today! QA IS OVER! I'm also unemployed and running out of money. Time to make money!

Called BOP today, scores are being mailed out today! I took my test late last week so they're unable to verify if my score will be in that batch. Any one else aware of the turn around time for scores outside of the QA?

Called BOP today, scores are being mailed out today! I took my test late last week so they're unable to verify if my score will be in that batch. Any one else aware of the turn around time for scores outside of the QA?

No QA turn around time was about 10 days after my friend took it.

Last edited:
Hello everybody, I am currently a licensed pharmacist in Ohio and took my CPJE December 18 (yes in the middle of the QA--- regretting that now)- I now understand letters should be arriving anytime now. I was wondering what the procedure is in California (in Ohio we can check the status of our license online and most people find out by this first and receive the license days later)- Do I wait to get a letter that says if I passed/failed then send a fee to actually become licensed?

Hello everybody, I am currently a licensed pharmacist in Ohio and took my CPJE December 18 (yes in the middle of the QA--- regretting that now)- I now understand letters should be arriving anytime now. I was wondering what the procedure is in California (in Ohio we can check the status of our license online and most people find out by this first and receive the license days later)- Do I wait to get a letter that says if I passed/failed then send a fee to actually become licensed?

If you passed, you get a green letter and you need to sign a form in there along with a fee ($200) to the CA BOP ....... more waiting ....

I live it Riverside county... Just received mine in the mail!!! PASSSSSESD!!! (^O^) after waiting since mid December. Good luck to everyone!! Go check your mail boxes!!!

Ps. It was a green form and the fee is $150

I live in LAX area and I got my score today. I passed thank god! Thanks for everyone's response to my last post! I have been licensed in TN and MS (retired) and by far CA was the most ridiculous. Good luck to everyone else!!!!

Oh and I took my test on Dec 4, 2012. This was the longest 10 weeks of my life. I can finally get a job and make some money :)

Last edited:
Took exam..12/03/12.....living in concord;1 hr far away from sacramento... Got my results today... Thanks God passed with 84

I am in Ohio and found out today as well- got the green sheet! California board of pharmacy certainly knows how to drag stuff out. Congrats to all you guys that passed. Looking forward to eventually moving out there!