What's your Major?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
BA in Economics, with minors in Chemistry and Health Policy & Administration. MS in Physiology.

Members don't see this ad.

History with minor in Spanish. thinking about changing it though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Double major in biology and psychology. If I hate myself enough maybe a minor in chemistry, but I don't think I'm that much of a sadist. :p

B.S. Biology with a minor in Global Health, Culture and Society

Biomedical Engineering Major, with Minors in Chemistry and Physics. Definitely mentally taxing, if not physically exhausting

Biology because there is no botany in my college.

Members don't see this ad :)
Entering freshman year of UG in a week.

Thinking about economics and mathematics double major. Anyone else doing/did the same thing and wanna give any input?

Health and Disease Bio, or Biotechnology. Haven't decided yet :thumbup:

Majoring in premed, minoring in biology. No math classes for my major or my minor :D

BS in Genetics. Minor in microbiology.

after reading through this, I at least know my application is unique in one way. . . .

both my Bachelors and Masters in Dance Performance

BS Biology and BS Japanese Language and Literature and mathematics minor. Takes me FOREVER to fill out scholarship apps.

Biology major, chem minor. Just add one class to get the minor, so, why not?

Talk about ECs to make the thread more interesting?

No. I was mocking a typical premed that usually gets weeded out in college.

I'm a physics major.

Strange there's a BS in a language rather than a BA.

Haha, gotcha.

There is a BA, but the only difference is that the BS requires more total A&S college hours, which makes no sense. I may just get the BA because it sounds more appropriate.

Did you resurrect an 18 month old thread just to make this joke?
Yup.
fassyucs.jpg

BIomedical engineering with a minor in chemistry and possibly political science. Feelsgoodman.

Ehh I'm switching back to nutritional sciences. It fulfills all the medical school pre-reqs, plus it has some extra classes that could help me out.
2 anatomy/physiology, 1 genetics class, and 2 biochem classes. Also this major would let me conduct research.

That video pretty much sums it up. Every frat guy majors in "bro science."
So according to Bro Science philosophy @ ~2:10/3:36 of that video, these types of docs have the highest credibility when it comes to cardiovascular health and preventative medicine.

188936341.jpg

Wow. What was mainstream thinking all these years. <flabbergasted>

Biomedical sciences w/ minor in biomedical physics.

Why are you majoring / minoring in 2 science degrees?

For me though, I had to do it only because it was only because my parents are from China / France. Otherwise I'd go for an easy way out like major in Dance, Theater, or English but I didn't want to disgrace my Mother or my Father.

My G.P.A. was stellar > 3.89

My MCAT was perfect > 42

I was brought up with very very very strict parents (one is from China) and the other is from France. I had studied everyday in the library at Harvard (and had put in more than 25 hours of it every week there) when I was an undergrad. While at medical school I had put in more than 50 hours of studying every week and it really paid off. That was 10 years ago!! Now I am an attending Physician.

That's good to hear but not all of us were raised in a strict household.

Entering freshman year of UG in a week.

Thinking about economics and mathematics double major. Anyone else doing/did the same thing and wanna give any input?

Lots of people do it. At a lot of schools you can use mathematical economics to count as one of your upper division math classes (which is usually a lot easier than a straight math class). I just majored in math.

Double major in biology and geology with a minor in history

Accounting... unfortunately I decided on medicine late in undergrad. Would have done neuroscience if I could do it over again.

So according to Bro Science philosophy @ ~2:10/3:36 of that video, these types of docs have the highest credibility when it comes to cardiovascular health and preventative medicine.

188936341.jpg

Wow. What was mainstream thinking all these years. <flabbergasted>

+1

There is actually a finding that overweight patients find overweight physicians more trusting than doctors that are fit......

Accounting... unfortunately I decided on medicine late in undergrad. Would have done neuroscience if I could do it over again.

Definitely a more original path. I started in Petroleum Engineering, switched to Biochem sophomore year. If I could do it over, I'd probably do Genetics instead.

Anthropology....but I'm starting to regret it. I'm doing a post bacc program when I graduate... :sleep:

History and Bio with a Spanish minor. Pretty sure all the reading for history saved my butt on VR.

Why are you majoring in a science degree when you could get accepted into medical school majoring in something simple like Dance, Theater, or English?
Because I have no interest in those majors. :thumbdown: I'm an optimistic person who is going work his ass off. Also, my ethnic background is underrepresented in medicine and personally I think there needs to be more doctors who know the struggles of not having an excellent education and understand what underprivileged people go through. :thumbup:

had to major in Biochemistry and a minor in Physics only because my Mother (from China) holds a PhD in Biochemistry and my father (from France) holds a PhD in Physics from Harvard.
You know, you do not need to mention that whole storyline. Not sure if you are troling?