Official word on perfect MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

liverotcod

Lieutenant Crunch
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I put the "45 MCAT?" question up on the e-mcat discussion forum, whose moderators are MCAT staffers. Here's the result:
dmhirsch Posted - 07/19/2004 : 12:21:23 PM
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a topic of considerable debate on the various internet forums, and I was hoping to get the official MCAT response:

What is the highest recorded MCAT score?
How many test-takers per administration (on average) get 43s? 44s? 45s?

Thanks for your response.

MCAT Staff Posted - 07/20/2004 : 5:14:54 PM
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
We went back and looked at all of 2003, and there are no 45s. Or 44s, for that matter, but there are nine 43s. We didn't cross the numeric totals with the Writing Sample scores, however, so I can't tell you how many scored a 43T.

For 2003, at least, I think that answers that question.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
liverotcod said:
I put the "45 MCAT?" question up on the e-mcat discussion forum, whose moderators are MCAT staffers. Here's the result:

For 2003, at least, I think that answers that question.

oh thats fine..i only want a 42

w-w-w-w-wait, they looked at all of the 2003s. but were there any 45s before that? or was the scoring system different prior to '03?

i hate my writing score by the way ... M

M is for Mad Nice...but i see you raising that to a R ..(which is for RightOn!)

sshaltoni said:
w-w-w-w-wait, they looked at all of the 2003s. but were there any 45s before that? or was the scoring system different prior to '03?

i hate my writing score by the way ... M

Used to be the max was 43-45 because the top verbal score was 13-15.

Ok guys, so this year, a bunch of SDNers got 44's and 45's....and no one else in the country did. Finally people will believe me there hasn't been a 44 or a 45...there are 9 people on this forum to claim higher scores...I say bull****!

I haven't seen a 44 or a 45 that wasn't obviously meant to be a fake. That isn't to say that there isn't one in 2004. Most of the 43's I can easily believe.

YOUR ALL CRAZY
u haveto add the indiv.numbers to get the REAL score
ie : 30 < 27 because 3+0=3 and 2+7=10
and therefore the aim should be to get a 39
and mistakingly many people overshoot and get a 43
the number of errors however is statistically molded ..so if no one gets 44 and 45 does that also mean practically no one (<2 out o 50k) get a 3?

DieselPetrolGrl said:
YOUR ALL CRAZY
u haveto add the indiv.numbers to get the REAL score
ie : 30 < 27 because 3+0=3 and 2+7=10
and therefore the aim should be to get a 39
and mistakingly many people overshoot and get a 43
the number of errors however is statistically molded ..so if no one gets 44 and 45 does that also mean practically no one (<2 out o 50k) get a 3?

Priceless! :laugh: I especially love "statistically molded".

wow, there it is, after so much speculation, computation and flaimg all it took was some proper posting to get it from the horse's mouth. kinda anti-climactic in a way.
nice post

I got a 45 last August but was displeased with the S I received on the Writing Sample. One of the prompts dealt with relating existentialism to the modern political environment. I retook in April and got a 21T, so there's hope for everyone who's doing poorly on the Writing Sample.

Marvin O'Connor said:
I got a 45 last August but was displeased with the S I received on the Writing Sample. One of the prompts dealt with relating existentialism to the modern political environment. I retook in April and got a 21T, so there's hope for everyone who's doing poorly on the Writing Sample.
:laugh:
Way to go! That's a great improvement on your WS!
:D