*OFFICIAL* Match Lists 2006

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OptimallyPrime

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Post your school's match list on this thread if it's available. I'll start. Here's MSSM.

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• match2006.pdf
    55.9 KB · Views: 3,482
Dartmouth

56 MDs, 7 took a military scholarship, 1 will continue doing academic research

Anesthesiology
Michigan
UVA
USC (UCSF Prelim)

Dermatology
Dartmouth
Loma Linda (Nevada Prelim)

Emergency Medicine
Michigan
Michigan
UVA
Minnesota
Albany

Family Practice
UCLA
Dartmouth
Oregon
Tufts
Tufts
Offut Air Force, NE

Internal Medicine
Harvard/MGH
Mayo/Rochester
Dartmouth
Dartmouth (Med-Psych)
Yale
BU
UC Davis
Maine
Tulane
Navy, Bethesda

OBGYN
Harvard/BI
Harvard/BI
Emory

Opthalmology
Einstein
Utah

Orthopaedic Surgery
Mayo/Rochester
Brooke Army, Ft. Sam Houston, TX

ENT
Madigan Army, Tacoma, WA

Pediatrics
Harvard
UPenn
Dartmouth
Brown (Med – Peds)
Tufts
Wisconsin
Navy, Portsmouth, VA
Navy, Portsmouth, VA

Psychiatry
Michigan
Baylor
Lackland Air Force, TX

Radiology
Cornell (Mt. Sinai Prelim)
Harvard/Mt Auburn (Harvard/BI Prelim)
Utah (UCO Prelim)
UNM

Surgery
Cornell
Cornell (Prelim)
Dartmouth
Dartmouth
Oregon

Urology
Vanderbilt

Members don't see this ad :)
Tiki said:
I'm pretty impressed with my school's match list.

RWJMS Match List

Hey Tiki,

I'm an M1, and I was just about to post RWJ's match list, but saw you beat me to it. I was also amazed at the programs the 4th years matched into. Derm at MGH.....WOW!!! Also the anesthesiology matches were unbelievable. Not to mention 8 orthos total, including two at Penn and and one at Northwestern.

I am pretty sure this match year is far better than the past few (which were still pretty good). Looks like a bright future ahead for us!

Sureshot83 said:
Hey Tiki,

I'm an M1, and I was just about to post RWJ's match list, but saw you beat me to it. I was also amazed at the programs the 4th years matched into. Derm at MGH.....WOW!!! Also the anesthesiology matches were unbelievable. Not to mention 8 orthos total, including two at Penn and and one at Northwestern.

I am pretty sure this match year is far better than the past few (which were still pretty good). Looks like a bright future ahead for us!

Just work hard in medical school and you too can land a good residency. It really doesn't matter where you go to school. Also, you will learn that MGH does not have the best programs in every field.

How can a person that is choosing between medical schools now find which programs are good for each field?? I'm having trouble with this.

flop said:
Just work hard in medical school and you too can land a good residency. It really doesn't matter where you go to school. Also, you will learn that MGH does not have the best programs in every field.

yeah MGH derm is of course extremely competitive to get into because of the name factor, but in actuality it's really not a top derm program or even close to one in my opinion.

quck glance among some of the smaller specialties, vanderbilt had among a class of around 110 students:

ent 2
gsurg 9
optho 2
uro 2
neurosurg 2
ortho 4
derm 3
dx rad 7
anest 4

the rests are made up of medince/peds/psych/em etc.

OptimallyPrime said:
Post your school's match list on this thread if it's available. I'll start. Here's MSSM.
why do some people have two listings?

Here is University of Virginia's offical Match list for 2006. I was surprised only 2 people applied to Orthopedics this year and they both matched, Wash U and Wake Forest. Usually every year at UVA, there is about 5-10 people applying to Ortho. 3 for Derm, 4/ENT, 2 Rad/ONC, 7 Rads, 2 Urology, and tons of people for Anes..... interesting.... my year, there was also a ton of people going to Anes.

http://www.med-ed.virginia.edu/handbook/residency/Match/06/index.cfm

Members don't see this ad :)
Psycho Doctor said:
why do some people have two listings?
People have two listings because certain specialties (derm, anthesiology for example) require a preliminary or transitional internship year before starting the actual residency. So you have to apply to prelim/transitionals AND your actual residency. I think these are done on separate matches.

i dont have the match list...yet..but soon...i do know that 99% matched...2 were in derm. plenty of ortho...i was pretty surprised...

ill post it once i get it.

there's also a girl named laura dokter who matched into psych. dr. dokter.
-mota

wash u class of 2006...

names deleted for privacy

Attachments

• 2006 match.doc
    49.5 KB · Views: 1,354
Can someone please post the Stony Brook and Downstate match list please?

Thanks

so does anyone know how this works from here///do we contact the programs that we matched to, or do they contact us?
What's the next step....
anyone know?

Prader Willie said:
Can someone please post the Stony Brook and Downstate match list please?

Thanks

Ditto for SUNY Upstate, please :)

I'd love to see any other west coast schools. anyone have oregon, stanford, ucsf, usc, san diego?

repeat post"
so does anyone know how this works from here///do we contact the programs that we matched to, or do they contact us?
What's the next step....
anyone know?

2006 Keck SOM USC: highlights

Anesthesia-6

Derm-6

ENT-5

ER-17

Ophtho-4

Ortho-5

Plastics-3

Rads-19

Uro-3

It's missing some info, like a Derm match at Cornell, but otherwise should be right (and pretty killer!)

Summary:
EM 4
Derm 5
Optho 5
Gen Surg 12
ENT 4
Ortho 12
Plastics 3
Neurosurg 8
Urology 3
Rads 3

Attachments

• Match_2006.pdf
    19.6 KB · Views: 1,716
these stats are absolutely insane... what an impressive class

Plastikos said:
2006 Keck SOM USC: highlights

Anesthesia-6

Derm-6

ENT-5

ER-17

Ophtho-4

Ortho-5

Plastics-3

Rads-19

Uro-3

OptimallyPrime said:

short story on MSSM:

optho - 10
ortho - 2
anesthesiology - 10
derm - 1
radiology - 9
ent - 1
neurosurg - 1
plastics - 2
rad-onc - 1
EM - 2

not too shabby for a class of 120

Here's the University of Rochester's list (with prelim years excluded). There are 96 students graduating this year.

Anesthesiology (5)
Johns Hopkins
U Penn (2)
U Rochester
Vanderbilt

Dermatology (2)
Cornell
Wayne State

Emergency Medicine (5)
Cook County
Thomas Jefferson
U Mass
U Penn
U Rochester

Family Medicine (1)
Tufts

General Surgery (3)
Case Western
Michigan State
U Rochester

Internal Medicine (18 Categorical, 2 Primary)
Beth Israel Deaconess
Boston University
Brigham
Case Western
Columbia
Hopkins Bayview
Scripps Mercy
Stanford (2)
SUNY Brooklyn
UAB
U Michigan
U Penn (3)
U Pittsburgh
U Rochester
U Washington (2)
U Colorado

Internal Medicine - Pediatrics (6)
Jackson Memorial Hospital
U Rochester (2)
U Utah
Yale (2)

Internal Medicine-Psychiatry (1)
Rush

Neurology (4)
Albert Einstein
Harvard – Beth Israel Deaconess
U Rochester (2)

Neurosurgery (1)
USC

OB/GYN (4)
Brown
Emory
George Washington
U Buffalo

Ophthalmology (3)
U Iowa
U Pittsburgh
Wills Eye Institute

Orthopedic Surgery (4)
Brown
Johns Hopkins
U Rochester (2)

Otolaryngology (2)
Cleveland Clinic
UMDNJ

Pathology (1)
U Penn

Pediatrics (14)
Baylor
CHOP
Children’s National Medical Center
MGH
Northwestern
NYU
U Maryland
U Rochester (4)
U Utah
Yale (2)

Pediatric Neurology (2)
CHOP
Northwestern

Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation (3)
UMDNJ
U Rochester (2)

Plastic Surgery (5)
Georgetown
NYU
U Michigan
U Rochester
Wake Forest

Psychiatry (3)
Duke
Harvard Longwood
U Rochester

Radiology (7)
Geisinger Health System
Northwestern
St. Francis Hospital
U Colorado (2)
U Pittsburgh
U Rochester

Anyone have the match list for UT- San Antonio?

passthebiscuits said:
repeat post"
What's the next step....
anyone know?

Sit back and wait for your mailbox to fill up with paperwork for you to fill out over the next 6-8 weeks. I've never had to fill out so many things for a job in my life. Off the top of my head...

App for state medical license
App for working in the hospital
Immunization records
Criminal background check including fingerprinting
Application for ID card
Safety training materials for the hospital
Apps for the VA
Apps for ACLS/BLS/PALS free training
Actual contract to sign.

And on and on and on. I can't remember half of the stuff I had to fill out.

I know this is MD forum but does anyone know Arizona College of Osteopathic's match list? I interviewed with a guy from there and was wondering where he matched.

Thanks.

University of Cincinnati

I think this is right. All of these prelim year people make it a pain to tally things up...

Anesthesia 10
Derm 3 (and they all got their #1!)
EM 10
Radiology 8
Rad/Onc 2
Optho 1
Neurology 3
Peds Neuro 1
Psych 10
Neurosurg 2
Gen Surgery 11
Ortho 8
ENT 3
Urology 4
Path 1
PM&R 1
Peds 19
OB/GYN 5
Med/Peds 6
IM 20
FP 14

University of Connecticut
n=74

Primary care:

Family Medicine, 3 students
Beth Israel (New York, NY), Middlesex (Middletown, CT), St Joseph's (South Bend, IN)​

Internal Medicine categorical, 15 students
Baystate (MA), BID (MA)x3, Brigham (MA), Brown (RI)x2, Jefferson (PA)x2, Mt Sinai (NY), NY Presbyterian Hospital (Columbia), U of Coloradox2, UConn, UMDNJ-RWJMS (Piscataway, NJ)​

Internal Medicine primary care, 2 students
Boston U, RI Hosp/Brown​

Pediatrics, 13 students
CHoP, Einstein/Jacobi (NY), Maine Medical Center, Mayo (Rochester, MN), RI Hosp/Brown, UCLA, UConnx4, U of New Mexico, Yale-NHx2​

All others:

Pediatrics/Psychiatry/Child Psychiatry, 1 student
RI Hosp/Brown​

Anesthesiology, 6 students
Barnes-Jewish (MO), Cleveland Clinic, NEMC (MA), NY Presbyterian Hospital (Cornell), UConnx2​

Dermatology, 1 student
UMass​

Emergency Medicine, 5 students
BID (MA), Einstein/Jacobi (NY), Mayo (Rochester, MN), UConn, UMDNJ-RWJMS (Camden, NJ)​

Neurology, 2 students
BID (MA), Yale​

Neurological Surgery, 2 students
Cleveland Clinic, Rush (IL)​

Obstetrics & Gynecology, 4 students
Jefferson (PA), Lenox Hill (NY), St Francis (CT), UConn​

OMFS, 2 students
UConnx2​

Orthopaedics, 3 students
Case Western/U Hosp Cleveland, Madigan (WA), UMass​

Otolaryngology, 1 student
UConn​

Psychiatry, 1 student
Dartmouth (NH)​

PM&R, 1 student
Jefferson (PA)​

Radiology, 7 students
Hartford Hospx4, RI Hosp/Brown, Staten Island U (NY), UConn​

General Surgery, 5 students
BID (MA), Caritas St Elizabeth (MA), Dartmouth (NH), Loyola (IL), St Raphael (CT)​

GasGuy2010 said:
How can a person that is choosing between medical schools now find which programs are good for each field?? I'm having trouble with this.

I have asked this question before and basically got this answer:

It depends more on the person (the student) than the school. Great schools may help in your match, but the best students at every school usually get the match they want. Good board scores, research experience, grades, and evaluations while you are interviewing for the match all decide whether or not you get your match better than your school's name. So just because the ______ School of Medicine puts 10% of their M4s into General Surgery doesn't mean that you necessarily have a better chance at getting into that specialty at that school.

Somebody else can argue whether or not certain schools train their students better in a specific area. I won't get into that.

I've also been told not to choose a school based on their residency match list because, if for no other reason, you many not know before you get into medical school what you will want to go in to.

Univerity of South Carolina School of Medicine

n=76 minus any scramblers or others that I might have overlooked
(prelim matches are not listed)

...not quite as impressive as Super Gunner University but still not too bad for just a bunch of backwards southerners with a focus on primary care.

Family Practice (13)

Internal Medicine (24)
U. of South Carolina (4)
Wake Forest (4)
UK (2)
Tripler – Army (1)
Greenville, SC (3)
Johns Hopkins (1)
U. New Mexico (1
Louisville (1)
U. of Maryland (1)
UAB (1)
Carolinas Medical Center – Charlotte, NC (2)
MUSC (1)
U. of South Florida (1)
Emory (1)

Emergency Medicine (6)
MCG (1)
EVMS (2)
U. of South Carolina (1)
Thomas Jefferson (1)
MLKJr./Drew (1)

Pediatrics (11)
Carolinas Medical Center – Charlotte, NC (1)
Jackson Memorial – Miami (1)
Loyola (1)
U. of South Carolina (3)
Greenville, SC (2)
Wake Forest (1)
UAB (1)
Central Texas Medical Foundation (1)

Med-Peds (2)
Baystate Medical Center – Springfield, Mass (2)

Surgery Prelim (3)
Greenville, SC (1)
Spartanburg, SC (1)
Orlando, FL (1)

General Surgery (4)
Spartanburg, SC (1)
U. of Iowa (1)
Jackson, MS (1)
Orlando, FL (1)

Pathology (3)
UAB (1)
Emory (1)
Wake Forest (1)

Psychiatry (2)
MUSC (1)
USC – southern cal (1)

Anesthesia (3)
Georgetown (1)
Wake Forest (1)
NYU (1)

Radiology-Diagnostic (2)
VCU (1)
Savannah, GA (1)

Ophthalmology (2)
Ohio State (1)
U. of South Carolina (1)

Dermatology (1)
U. of New Mexico (1)

I'm looking at these lists, wondering where in the world all the otolaryngology people are. Is it a particularly hard specialty to match into? Or is it just not something that crops up as a life goal in more than one person at each school (or two) ? I'm looking at going into oto (As of now, mind may change) and i was wondering if its like wanting to match into derm... just brutal. thanks!

omgwtfbbq? said:
I'm looking at these lists, wondering where in the world all the otolaryngology people are. Is it a particularly hard specialty to match into? Or is it just not something that crops up as a life goal in more than one person at each school (or two) ? I'm looking at going into oto (As of now, mind may change) and i was wondering if its like wanting to match into derm... just brutal. thanks!

At the FREIDA web site, I notice that in 2004 there were about 100 otolaryngology (ENT) programs, and about 1000 active residents and fellows: http://www.ama-assn.org/vapp/freida/spcstsc/0,1238,280,00.html

Compare that to, say, anesthesiology, which had 4785 residents and fellows, or radiology (4160), or pediatrics (7811), or internal medicine (21,332). So ENT appears to be a relatively small field. I don't know how competitive it is considered to be.

Doctor&Geek said:
He/she is not listing how many students there are in the class. 19 rads out of a class of 120 is impressive, but out of 250 not quite so.

There are about 155-160 students in my class. Probably still on the impressive side, lol.

BigBadBix said:
Here's the University of Rochester's list (with prelim years excluded). There are 96 students graduating this year.

Plastic Surgery (5)
Georgetown
NYU
U Michigan
U Rochester
Wake Forest

Did you guys have six applicants or five? Those were all good guys im glad they all/most of them matched.

omgwtfbbq? said:
...wondering where in the world all the otolaryngology people are...

oto also labeled ENT

... but yes, still tough to get in to...

Plastikos said:
Did you guys have six applicants or five? Those were all good guys im glad they all/most of them matched.

We had 5 and they all matched - isn't that crazy? I think all of them got one of their top 1-2 choices as well. I agree that they're all solid guys and I'm really happy for them.

Actually, I probably should have mentioned this before, but everyone at Rochester who applied in ortho, plastics, derm, and ENT matched this year (same is probably true for a bunch of other specialties that aren't as sexy :)). I guess it was one of our most successful matches in like 30 years or something.

-BBB