OFFICIAL - 2024 Match Lists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
True, but… wouldn’t the people who did that the year before be counted in the next year’s Match list?

Yeah I think maybe there could be new market conditions - like all the new money in AI and medicine that could be driving more and more entrepreneurial med students (some who tend to take 5th/6th years to get their Stanford MBA or other advanced degree/research experience) into industry. Somewhat a bit of speculation but that is the insight I have.

Members don't see this ad.

New York Medical College

Source: https://www.nymc.edu/media/schools-...024MatchResults-CareerChoicebyAppointment.pdf

1710610272229.png

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I think maybe there could be new market conditions - like all the new money in AI and medicine that could be driving more and more entrepreneurial med students (some who tend to take 5th/6th years to get their Stanford MBA or other advanced degree/research experience) into industry. Somewhat a bit of speculation but that is the insight I have.
No, it's likely either: (1) they are only showing the public match list; (2) they are only showing categoricals; (3) people didn't match; (4) any combination of the three.

Other factors can account for a few students being off of a match list (i.e., if 94 students are shown out of a graduating hundred). It doesn't account for 25% of a graduating class.

Last edited:
  • Hmm
  • Dislike
Life happens. Things happen. Not everyone makes it to year 4 with their class. This adds up to 59 by my count so that's great!
Why was my reply containing the summary according to their website was removed? (That only showed 52 matching. That's about 10% of applicants not matching ). Are you affiliated with this school?

No, it's likely either: (1) they are only showing the public match list; (2) they are only showing categoricals; (3) people didn't match; (4) any combination of the three.

Other factors can account for a few students being off of a match list (i.e., if 94 students are shown out of a graduating hundred). It doesn't account for 25% of a graduating class.

I have no doubt that some of the things you're mentioning play a role, but as I already explained that 20-30% of their med students don't go into residency and instead decide on pursuing jobs outside of patient care like industry… that accounts for your 25%. That trumps any of the factors you are mentioning.

Why was my reply containing the summary according to their website was removed? (That only showed 52 matching. That's about 10% of applicants not matching ). Are you affiliated with this school?
I am not affiliated with the school but I posted the official complete list a few posts above.

I have no doubt that some of the things you're mentioning play a role, but as I already explained that 20-30% of their med students don't go into residency and instead decide on pursuing jobs outside of patient care like industry… that accounts for your 25%. That trumps any of the factors you are mentioning.
Your phrasing reminds me of a high school kid who likes to debate basketball player stats.

Where do you get the idea that 30% of a medical school class doesn't go into residency? Many who go into consulting/industry do so after they complete residency (otherwise, it would be a disaster for the medical school/LCME). It's much more common for schools to leave out prelims and students who opt-out from their public list.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Your phrasing reminds me of a high school kid who likes to debate basketball player stats.

Where do you get the idea that 30% of a medical school class doesn't go into residency? Many who go into consulting/industry do so after they complete residency (otherwise, it would be a disaster for the medical school/LCME). It's much more common for schools to leave out prelims and students who opt-out from their public list.
LOL that made me laugh

I already explained where I know this from. Please read my comments from above! It doesn't seem like you have. My partner literally goes there and we have friends that have graduated from there, matched from Stanford med school, and have also told us the same thing about their classmates. The same thing happens at my school, UCSF, to a lesser extent but still a decent amount ~15% don't pursue residency. It is a product of being adjacent/in silicon valley with tech and biotech partners right at our fingertips.

But anyways, if you wont take my word for it, here is the cold hard data. This is an article from NPR describing the phenomenon that occurs at UCSF/Stanford and probably to some extent also at HMS given what I've heard from friends that go there: https://www.npr.org/sections/health...-of-tech-lures-new-doctors-away-from-medicine

In the article they cite Doximity data: "Stanford ranked 117th among 123 U.S. medical schools with just 68 percent of students going on to residencies in 2011, the Doximity data showed. UCSF was 98th on the list, with 79 percent of its graduating students going on to residency."

You bring up a good point though. I don't know why this doesn't cause LCME issues, I'm not familiar with those rules. I will acknowledge that I know of some people that have gone this route - some have been wildly successful but others just apply to the match if things don't work it with their gig.

Let's keep things civil and not insult people on the thread. It is really not that serious. Hope this helps you understand the situation better.

LOL that made me laugh

I already explained where I know this from. Please read my comments from above! It doesn't seem like you have. My partner literally goes there and we have friends that have graduated from there, matched from Stanford med school, and have also told us the same thing about their classmates. The same thing happens at my school, UCSF, to a lesser extent but still decent amount ~15% don't pursue residency. It is a product of being adjacent/in silicon valley with tech and biotech partners right at our fingertips.

But anyways, if you wont take my word for it, here is the cold hard data. This is an article from NPR describing the phenomenon that occurs at UCSF/Stanford and probably to some extent also at HMS given what I've heard from friends that go there: https://www.npr.org/sections/health...-of-tech-lures-new-doctors-away-from-medicine

In the article they cite Doximity data: "Stanford ranked 117th among 123 U.S. medical schools with just 68 percent of students going on to residencies in 2011, the Doximity data showed. UCSF was 98th on the list, with 79 percent of its graduating students going on to residency."

You bring up a good point though. I don't know why this doesn't cause LCME issues, I'm not familiar with those rules. I will acknowledge that I know of some people that have gone this route - some have been wildly successful but others just apply to the match if things don't work it with their gig.

Let's keep things civil and not insult people on the thread. It is really not that serious. Hope this helps you understand the situation better.
This is a decade old. I've heard about this happening to some extent from Stanford students myself, but after residency (some go straight in after graduation, but I heard more on the margins of <10 people. 30% would be incredible and - I would think - raise some serious eyebrows, especially if it was going on continuously).

*and no problem - I was just talking about your phrasing which i thought was funny, not trying to insult in any way.

I'm skeptical of this Doximity data. The article notes that UCSF itself reported a very different number from 2011 to 2015: 806/816 graduating students matched for a 98.4% match rate. Even if all 10 of those unmatched students were from 2011, you still would not get a 79% match rate. Also, they note that 6 of those 10 matched after a gap year.
I believe those are different calculations. The match rate only includes those that actually applied to residency and would exclude those that did not apply to residency in the denominator. The 79 percent includes those that did not match 1.6% it sounds like? and all those who actually decided not to apply to residency 100-79-1.6=19.4%. So 19.4 % of UCSF graduates in this time frame did not apply to residency at all. Yes this data is old, but from what I've heard being intimately tied to both these schools is that this is still the trend. I don't have the hard data from the past couple of years and don't know where or even if I could find that.

Members don't see this ad :)
No, the article says otherwise:

This also tracks with UCSF's average class size: 816/5 = 163.2. Entering class of 2022 had 167 students.
You are right. But it seems like there was a 5 year window to go back into matching based on the time frame so theoretically you could have not pursued residency for a couple of years after graduating (contributing to the 79%) and then within that window decided to go back to apply to residency and been counted (contributing back to the 98.4%). Both data could be true at the same time. I also wonder if this data is also skewed by more and more people taking a 5th year - although they wouldn't be considered graduating students. Good catch. Maybe what can be said for this data is that those that pursue industry realize a couple years into their new gig that they may be better served going and getting their training in residency like @johnr42700 said and then coming back or just staying in clinical medicine.

Last edited:
Albany (Publicly listed on their website)

Attachments

• Albany Match results.pdf
    357 KB · Views: 138

Buffalo (Jacobs School Of Medicine And Biomedical Sciences)​

AnesthesiologyStrong Memorial Hospital of the University of Rochester, Rochester, N.Y.
AnesthesiologyIcahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, N.Y.
AnesthesiologyUniversity at Buffalo Jacobs School of Medicine, Buffalo, N.Y.
AnesthesiologyStrong Memorial Hospital of the University of Rochester, Rochester, N.Y.
AnesthesiologyUniversity at Buffalo Jacobs School of Medicine, Buffalo, N.Y.
AnesthesiologyMontefiore Medical Center/Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, N.Y.
AnesthesiologyMaine Medical Center, Portland, Maine
Anesthesiology/PG 1-4MGB-Massachusetts Gen Hosp, Boston, Mass.
Child NeurologyUniversity of Chicago Medical Center, Chicago, Ill.
Child NeurologyUPMC Medical Education, Pittsburgh, Pa.
Combined Adult/Child PsychiatryUniversity at Buffalo Jacobs School of Medicine, Buffalo, N.Y.
Combined Adult/Child PsychiatryUniversity at Buffalo Jacobs School of Medicine, Buffalo, N.Y.
Deferred Residency
Deferred Residency
Deferred Residency
Deferred Residency
Deferred Residency
Emergency MedicineJohns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Md.
Emergency MedicineUniversity at Buffalo Jacobs School of Medicine, Buffalo, N.Y.
Emergency MedicineMaine Medical Center, Portland, Maine
Emergency MedicineMemorial Healthcare System, Hollywood, Florida, Pembroke Pines, Fla.
Emergency MedicineUniversity at Buffalo Jacobs School of Medicine, Buffalo, N.Y.
Emergency MedicineBaylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas
Emergency MedicineUniversity of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Mass.
Family MedicineUniversity at Buffalo Jacobs School of Medicine, Buffalo, N.Y.
Family MedicineStrong Memorial Hospital of the University of Rochester, Rochester, N.Y.
Family MedicineAlbany Medical Center, Albany, N.Y.
Family MedicineUniversity of Vermont Medical Center, Burlington, Vt.
Family MedicineKaiser Permanente Northern California, Vallejo, Calif.
Family MedicineMike O’Callaghan Military Medical Center, Nellis AFB, Nev.
Family MedicineNuvance Health, Rhinebeck, N.Y.
Family MedicineMountain Area Health Education Center, Asheville, N.C.
Family Medicine/IndianapolisIndiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Ind.
Family Medicine/RuralSwedish Medical Center, Port Angeles, Wash.
General SurgeryStrong Memorial Hospital of the University of Rochester, Rochester, N.Y.
General SurgeryUniversity at Buffalo Jacobs School of Medicine, Buffalo, N.Y.
General SurgerySanta Barbara Cottage Hospital, Santa Barbara, Calif.
General SurgeryZucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell, New York, N.Y.
General SurgeryStrong Memorial Hospital of the University of Rochester, Rochester, N.Y.
General SurgerySt. Elizabeth Youngstown Hospital, Youngstown, Ohio
General SurgeryUniversity at Buffalo Jacobs School of Medicine, Buffalo, N.Y.
General SurgeryUniversity of Toledo, Toledo, Ohio
General Surgery/NYU BKLNNYU Grossman School of Medicine, Brookyln, N.Y.
Internal MedicineUniversity at Buffalo Jacobs School of Medicine, Buffalo, N.Y.
Internal MedicineRush University Medical Center, Chicago, Ill.
Internal MedicineUniversity of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Mass.
Internal MedicineVirginia Commonwealth University Health System, Richmond, Va.
Internal MedicineBoston University Medical Center, Boston, Mass.
Internal MedicineZucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell, Great Neck, N.Y.
Internal MedicineKaiser Permanente Northern California, San Francisco, Calif.
Internal MedicineMedStar Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, D.C.
Internal MedicineStrong Memorial Hospital of the University of Rochester, Rochester, N.Y.
Internal MedicineWake Forest University Baptist Medical Center, Winston-Salem, N.C.
Internal MedicineRutgers Health, New Brunswick, N.J.
Internal MedicineTufts Medical Center, Boston, Mass.
Internal MedicineUPMC Medical Education, Pittsburgh, Pa.
Internal MedicineStrong Memorial Hospital of the University of Rochester, Rochester, N.Y.
Internal MedicineDartmouth-Hitchcock/Mary Hitchcock Memorial Hospital, Lebanon, N.H.
Internal MedicineSidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pa.
Internal MedicineGreenwich Hospital, Greenwich, Conn.
Internal Medicine PreliminaryUniversity at Buffalo Jacobs School of Medicine, Buffalo, N.Y.
Internal Medicine PreliminaryUniversity at Buffalo Jacobs School of Medicine, Buffalo, N.Y.
Internal Medicine-Prelim
Radiology-Diagnostic
HCA Healthcare/USF Morsani College of Medicine GME, Bradenton, Fla.
University at Buffalo Jacobs School of Medicine, Buffalo, N.Y.
Internal Medicine/Cape FearCampbell University, Fayetteville, N.C.
Internal Medicine/JFKUniversity of Miami/JFK Medical Center Palm Beach Regional GME Consortium, Atlantis, Fla.
Med-Prelim/OphthalmologyISMMS Mount Sinai Morningside-West, New York, N.Y.
New York Eye & Ear Infirm
Medicine-PediatricsStrong Memorial Hospital of the University of Rochester, Rochester, N.Y.
Medicine-PediatricsUniversity at Buffalo Jacobs School of Medicine, Buffalo, N.Y.
Medicine-PediatricsUniversity at Buffalo Jacobs School of Medicine, Buffalo, N.Y.
Medicine-PrelimSt. John’s Riverside Hospital, Yonkers, N.Y.
Medicine-Prelim
Anesthesiology
Brown University/Rhode Island Hospital-Lifespan, Providence, R.I.
Medicine-Prelim
Anesthesiology
George Washington University School of Medicine, Washington, D.C.
George Washington University School of Medicine, Washington, D.C.
Medicine-Prelim
Neurology
Yale-New Haven Hospital, New Haven, Conn.
Yale-New Haven Hospital, New Haven, Conn.
Medicine-Prelim
Radiology-Diagnostic
NYU Long Island School of Medicine, Mineola, N.Y.
Albany Medical Center, Albany, N.Y.
Medicine-Prelim
Radiology-Diagnostic
Strong Memorial Hospital of the University of Rochester, Rochester, N.Y.
Allegheny Health Network Medical Education Consortium, Pittsburgh, Pa.
Medicine-Prelim
Radiology-Diagnostic
Medicine-Prelim/Ophthalmology
Ophthalmology
Montefiore Medical Center/Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, N.Y.
Medicine-PrimaryBrown University/Rhode Island Hospital-Lifespan, Providence, R.I.
Medicine-PrimaryStrong Memorial Hospital of the University of Rochester, Rochester, N.Y.
Neurological SurgeryUniversity at Buffalo Jacobs School of Medicine, Buffalo, N.Y.
Neurological SurgeryLoyola University Medical Center, Maywood, Ill.
Neurological SurgeryAllegheny Health Network Medical Education Consortium, Pittsburgh, Pa.
Neurological SurgeryOhio State University Hospital, Columbus, Ohio
Neurological SurgeryRush University Medical Center, Chicago, Ill.
NeurologyUniversity at Buffalo Jacobs School of Medicine, Buffalo, N.Y.
NeurologyStrong Memorial Hospital of the University of Rochester, Rochester, N.Y.
NeurologyNew York Presbyterian Hospital, New York, N.Y.
Obstetrics-GynecologyIcahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, Oceanside, N.Y.
Obstetrics-GynecologyUniversity at Buffalo Jacobs School of Medicine, Buffalo, N.Y.
Obstetrics-GynecologyUniversity of Southern California/LAC+USC Medical Center, Los Angeles, Calif.
Obstetrics-GynecologyUniversity at Buffalo Jacobs School of Medicine, Buffalo, N.Y.
Obstetrics-GynecologySinai Hospital of Baltimore, Baltimore, Md.
Obstetrics-GynecologyWestchester Medical Center, Valhalla, N.Y.
Obstetrics-Gynecology
/Prelim
Ophthalmology
Ophthalmology
State University of New York Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, N.Y.
State University of New York Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, N.Y.
Oral Maxillofacial SurgeryUniversity at Buffalo Jacobs School of Medicine, Buffalo, N.Y.
Oral Maxillofacial SurgeryUniversity at Buffalo Jacobs School of Medicine, Buffalo, N.Y.
Orthopaedic SurgeryStrong Memorial Hospital of the University of Rochester, Rochester, N.Y.
Orthopaedic SurgeryJohns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Md.
Orthopaedic SurgeryOhio State University Hospital, Columbus, Ohio
Orthopaedic SurgeryUniversity of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Mass.
Orthopaedic SurgeryMaimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, N.Y.
Orthopaedic SurgeryUniversity at Buffalo Jacobs School of Medicine, Buffalo, N.Y.
Orthopaedic SurgeryState University of New York Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, N.Y.
Orthopaedic SurgeryUniversity at Buffalo Jacobs School of Medicine, Buffalo, N.Y.
OtolaryngologyStrong Memorial Hospital of the University of Rochester, Rochester, N.Y.
OtolaryngologyState University of New York Downstate Health Sciences University, Brooklyn, N.Y.
OtolaryngologyUniversity at Buffalo Jacobs School of Medicine, Buffalo, N.Y.
OtolaryngologyUniversity of Connecticut School of Medicine, Farmington, Conn.
PathologyUPMC Medical Education, Pittsburgh, Pa.
PediatricsUniversity at Buffalo Jacobs School of Medicine, Buffalo, N.Y.
PediatricsNew York Presbyterian Hospital, New York, N.Y.
PediatricsIcahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, N.Y.
PediatricsChildren’s Hospital-Oakland, Oakland, Calif.
PediatricsUniversity of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, Mich.
Pediatrics/Adult/Child PsychiatryMGB-Massachusetts Gen Hosp, Boston, Mass.
Pediatrics/Children’s HospitalChildren’s Hospital, Boston, Mass.
Phys Medicine & RehabStrong Memorial Hospital of the University of Rochester, Rochester, N.Y.
Plastic Surgery (Integrated)University of Utah Health, Salt Lake City, Utah
Plastic Surgery (Integrated)Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, Va.
Plastic Surgery (Integrated)Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, Ill.
PsychiatryState University of New York Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, N.Y.
PsychiatryOlive View/UCLA Medical Center, Sylmar, Calif.
PsychiatryState University of New York Downstate Health Sciences University, Brooklyn, N.Y.
PsychiatryUniversity at Buffalo Jacobs School of Medicine, Buffalo, N.Y.
Surgery PreliminaryUniversity at Buffalo Jacobs School of Medicine, Buffalo, N.Y.
Surgery-GeneralZucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell, New York, N.Y.
Surgery-GeneralConey Island Hospital, Brooklyn, N.Y.
Surgery-PrelimUniversity at Buffalo Jacobs School of Medicine, Buffalo, N.Y.
Surgery-PrelimRutgers Health, Newark, N.J.
Surgery-PrelimUniversity of California (San Francisco) School of Medicine, Oakland, Calif.
Surgery-PrelimCase Western Reserve University/University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio
Surgery-PrelimZucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell at South Shore University Hospital, Bay Shore, N.Y.
Surgery-PrelimState University of New York Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, N.Y.
Surgery-PrelimNew York Medical College, New York, N.Y.
Surgery-PreliminaryState University of New York Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, N.Y.
Transitional
Radiology-Diagnostic
St Luke’s University Hospital, Bethlehem, Pa.
Rochester General Hospital, Rochester, N.Y.
Transitional
Radiology-Diagnostic
HCA Healthcare Redmond Regional Medical Center, Rome, Ga.
Strong Memorial Hospital of the University of Rochester, Rochester, N.Y.
Transitional
Radiology-Diagnostic
Faxton - St. Luke’s Hospital, Utica, N.Y.
Rutgers Health, Newark, N.J.
Transitional
Radiology-Diagnostic
Bassett Medical Center, Cooperstown, N.Y.
Transitional
Radiology-Diagnostic
Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, Mich.
Albert Einstein Healthcare Network, Philadelphia, Pa.
Transitional
Radiology-Diagnostic
Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell, Port Jefferson, N.Y.
Jacobi Medical Center, Bronx, N.Y.
Transitional/NWH
Dermatology
Mass General Brigham-MA, Newton, Mass.
Stony Brook Medicine, Stony Brook, N.Y.
Transitional/Ophthalmology
Ophthalmology
Medical University of South Carolina College of Medicine, Charleston, S.C.
Medical University of South Carolina College of Medicine, Charleston, S.C.
UrologyUniversity of Rochester, Rochester, N.Y.
UrologyUniversity at Buffalo Jacobs School of Medicine, Buffalo, N.Y.
UrologyState University of New York Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, N.Y.
UrologyStony Brook Medicine, Stony Brook, N.Y.
Vascular SurgeryZucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell, New York, N.Y.

CALIFORNIA NORTHSTATE UNIVERSITY​

Anesthesiology

Loma Linda University-CA (2)
Nuvance Health-NY
Sunrise Health GME Consortium-NV

Emergency Medicine​

Denver Health Med Ctr-CO
HCA Florida Orange Park Hosp
Lincoln Med Ctr-NY
St Lukes Hosp-Anderson-PA
Vanderbilt Univ Med Ctr-TN

Family Medicine​

Dignity Methodist Hosp-Sacramento-CA
Eisenhower Med Ctr-CA
Kaweah Delta Health Care District-CA
Meharry/Metro General Hosp-TN
Travis Air Force Base-CA
UC San Francisco-Fresno-CA

General Surgery​

Dignity East Valley-AZ
Huntington Memorial Hosp-CA
Kaiser Permanente-Los Angeles-CA
Ochsner Clinic Foundation-LA
Oregon Health & Science Univ-OR
Sierra View Med Ctr-CA
San Joaquin Gen Hosp-CA (2)
U Central FL/HCA Healthcare GME
University Hosps-Columbia-MO
University of Hawaii

Internal Medicine
Alameda Health Sys-Highland Hosp-CA
Alameda Health Sys-Highland Hosp-CA
Cedars-Sinai Med Ctr-CA
HCA Florida JFK Hosp-U Miami-FL
HCA Healthcare/USF Morsani GME-Brandon-FL
Kirk Kerkorian SOM at UNLV-NV
Kirk Kerkorian SOM at UNLV-NV
LewisGale Med Ctr-VA
Loma Linda University-CA
Los Robles Health System-CA
Loyola Univ Med Ctr-IL
Riverside Community Hospital-CA
Santa Clara Valley Med Ctr-CA (2)
Sutter Health-CA (3)
Sierra View Med Ctr-CA
St Agnes Med Ctr-CA
Sutter Health-CA (2)
SW Healthcare Med Ed Consortium-CA
U Cincinnati Med Ctr-OH
U Iowa Hospitals & Clinics
U Nevada Reno SOM-NV
U Southern California
UC Davis Med Ctr-CA
UC Irvine Med Ctr-CA
University Hosps-Jackson-MS
University of Hawaii (2)
Zucker SOM-Northwell NS/LIJ-NY

Neurology
Johns Hopkins Hosp-MD
Los Robles Health System-CA
NYP Hosp-Weill Cornell Med Ctr-NY
St Josephs Med Ctr-CA
Stanford Health Care-CA
U Arizona COM-Tucson
U Washington Affil Hosps
UC Davis Med Ctr-CA
UC San Diego Med Ctr-CA
U Southern California

Neurology - Child
UCLA Med Ctr-CA
UC Irvine Med Ctr-CA

Neurological Surgery
U North Carolina Hospitals

Ophthalmology
Dartmouth - Hitchcock

Orthopaedic Surgery
Harbor-UCLA Med Ctr-CA
U Minnesota Med School
Valley Consortium-CA

Otolaryngology
Baylor Scott & White Med Ctr-TX

Pathology
UC San Francisco-CA

Pediatrics
UCLA Med Ctr-CA
UC Davis Med Ctr-CA
Valley Childrens Healthcare-CA
Vanderbilt Univ Med Ctr-TN
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
VA Greater LA Hlth Sys-CA

Psychiatry
Kaweah Delta Health Care District-CA

Reactions: 2 users

UChicago (Pritzker) public match list, anonymized​

Attachments

• UChicago Match list 2024.pdf
    6.7 MB · Views: 259

University of Cincinnati​

Attachments

• University of Cincinnati.pdf
    94.1 KB · Views: 121
Cooper University (public release)

Attachments

• Cooper of Rowan 2024.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 32
EVMS (public release)

Attachments

• EVMS Match day 2024.pdf
    109.6 KB · Views: 75
UTMB (Galveston)

Anesthesia 15

Baylor Scott & White Medical Center, Temple, TX
UTMB, Galveston, TX
UTMB, Galveston, TX
UTMB Galveston, TX
Ohio State University Medical Ctr, Columbus, OH
Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX
Baylor, Houston, TX
Baylor, Houston, TX
U South Florida Morsani COM, Tampa, FL
Riverside University Hlth Sys, Moreno Valley, CA
MedStar Georgetown Univ Hosp, Washington, DC
Univ of Texas Health Sci Ctr, San Antonio, TX
Texas Tech University Affil, Lubbock, TX

Dermatology 4
UTMB, Galveston, TX
UTMB, Galveston, TX
Hospital of the U of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
Texas Tech University Affil, Lubbock, TX

Emergency Medicine 9
Campbell Univ-Cape Fear, Fayetteville, NC
UTMB, Galveston, TX
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
University of Chicago Med Ctr, Chicago, IL
UC Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, CA
Vanderbilt University Medical Ctr, Nashville, TN

ENT 6
LSU Health Science Center, Shreveport, LA
University of Kentucky Med Ctr, Lexington, KY
UTMB, Galveston, TX
Barnes-Jewish Hospital, St. Louis, MO
Univ of Arizona College of Medicine, Tucson, AZ

Family Medicine 22
Shannon Medical Center, San Angelo, TX
Memorial Hermann Hospital, Sugar Land, TX
Memorial Hermann Hospital, Sugar Land, TX
Baylor Coll of Med-Comm Hlth Ctr, Houston, TX
Baylor Coll of Med-Comm Hlth Ctr, Houston, TX
John Peter Smith Hospital, Ft. Worth, TX
John Peter Smith Hospital, Ft. Worth, TX
Texas Tech University Affil, El Paso, TX
Contra Costa Regional Med Ctr, Martinez, CA
Swedish Medical Center-SeaMar, Seattle, WA
Ventura County Medical Center, Ventura, CA
LSUHSC University Hosps & Clinics, Lafayette, LA
Utah Valley Regional Medical Center, Provo, UT
CHRISTUS Health-Santa Rosa, San Antonio, TX
CHRISTUS Health-Santa Rosa, San Antonio, TX
Conroe Regional Medical Center, Conroe, TX
Scott AFB / St. Louis University, O’Fallon, IL
DeTar Healthcare System, Victoria, TX
Dell Medical School, Austin, TX
Mountain AHEC, Asheville, NC
Middlesex Hospital, Middletown, CT

General Surgery 9
U Texas RGV-Valley Baptist MC, Harlingen, TX
Methodist Health System, Dallas, TX
Mass General Brigham, Boston, MA
Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas TX
UTMB, Galveston, TX
UTMB, Galveston, TX

Internal Medicine 44
Methodist Health System, Dallas, TX
Case Western-Univ Hosps Med Ctr, Cleveland, OH
University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA (PTSP)
Baylor, Houston, TX
Baylor, Houston, TX
Baylor, Houston, TX
Baylor College of Med-MDACC, Houston, TX
Baylor S&W All Saints Med Ctr, Ft. Worth, TX
Baylor S&W All Saints Medical Ctr, Ft. Worth, TX
Texas Health Resources-Presbyterian, Plano, TX
McGovern
McGovern
McGovern
McGovern
UTSW, Dallas, TX
UTSW, Dallas, TX
UTSW, Dallas, TX
U TSW, Dallas, TX (PSTP)
Vanderbilt University Medical Ctr, Nashville, TN
Emory University School of Med, Atlanta, GA
Kaiser Permanente, Los Angeles, CA
UC San Diego Medical Center, San Diego, CA
Wake Forest Baptist Med Ctr, Winston-Salem, NC
Wake Forest Baptist Med Ctr, Winston-Salem, NC
Meharry/Metro General Hospital, Nashville, TN
University of Colorado SOM-Denver, Aurora, CO
UTMB, Galveston, TX
UTMB, Galveston, TX
University of Colorado SOM-Denver, Aurora, CO (IM/Primary)
TX Hlth Resources-Harris Methodist, Ft. Worth, TX
Univ of North Carolina Hospitals, Chapel Hill, NC
U Rochester / Strong Memorial, Rochester, NY
Methodist Healthcare System, San Antonio, TX
HCA Las Palmas del Sol Healthcare, El Paso, TX
Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas, TX
Mayo Clinic Sch of Grad Med Educ, Rochester, MN
HCA Healthcare/USF Morsani, Largo, FL

Med/Peds 2
Indiana University SOM, Indianapolis, IN
Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL

Neurology 1
McGovern, Houston, TX

Neurosurgery 1
Tufts Medical Center, Boston, M4

OB/GYN 14
UTMB, Galveston, TX
UTMB, Galveston TX
UTMB, Galveston, TX
UTMB, Galveston, TX
McGovern, Houston, TX
McGovern, Houston, TX
McGovern, Houston, TX
McGovern, Houston, TX
McGovern, Houston, TX
Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL
Baylor, Houston, TX
Baylor, Houston, TX
UTSW, Dallas, TX
Tulane University School of Med, New Orleans, LA

Orthopaedics 7
LSU School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA
Northwestern McGaw/NMH/VA, Chicago, IL
WellStar Health System-Kennestone, Marietta, GA
Albany Medical Center, Albany, NY
West Virginia University SOM, Morgantown, WV
UTMB, Galveston, TX

Ophthalmology 4
UTMB-Methodist, Galveston, TX
Univ of Illinois – Illinois Eye & Ear, Chicago, IL

Pathology 4
Mass General Brigham, Boston, MA
UTMB, Galveston, TX

Pediatrics 20
UTSW, Dallas, TX
Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD (Peds/Global Health)
Baylor, Houston, TX
Baylor, Houston, TX
Vanderbilt Univ Medical Center, Nashville, TN
McGovern, Houston, TX
McGovern, Houston, TX
Baylor, Houston, TX
Baylor, Houston, TX
Baylor, Houston, TX
UTMB, Galveston, TX
San Antonio Military Medical Ctr, San Antonio, TX
Children’s Hospital, Los Angeles, CA
Oregon Health & Science Univ, Portland, OR
U Tennessee Health Sci Ctr, Memphis, TN
U Texas Southwestern Med Sch, Dallas, TX

Physical Med/Rehab 4
Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
Texas Rehab Hospital, Fort Worth, TX
Texas Rehab Hospital, Fort Worth, TX

Plastic Surgery 3
UTMB, Galveston, TX
NYU Grossman School of Medicine, New York, NY
Mayo Clinic Rochester, MN

Psychiatry 14
Univ of Arkansas College of Med, Little Rock, AR
University of Hawaii, Honolulu, HI
UTSW, Dallas, TX (Child Psych)
UTSW, Dallas, TX (Child Psych)
UTSW, Dallas, TX
Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, CA
UTMB, Galveston, TX
UTMB, Galveston, TX
UTMB, Galveston, TX
UTMB, Galveston, TX (Child Psych)
LSU Health Science Ctr, Shreveport, LA (Child/ Adult)
Naval Medical Center, Camp LeJeune, NC
Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA
Tulane (Peds/Child Psych)

Radiology Diagnostic 5
Barnes-Jewish Hospital, St. Louis, MO
UTMB, Galveston, TX

Radiology Interventional 1
UT Health Sci Ctr San Antonio

Preliminary - Medicine 1
UTMB, Galveston, TX

Preliminary - Surgery 6
Harbor-UCLA Med Ctr, Torrance, CA
Tulane University SOM, New Orleans, LA
Baylor, Houston, TX
U of North Carolina Hospitals, Chapel Hill, NC
UTMB, Galveston, TX
UTMB, Galveston, TX

Urology 3
Mayo Clinic Rochester MN
Sidney Kimmel Med Coll - TJUH, Philadelphia, PA

Vascular Surgery 2
ISMMS Mount Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
CMSRU / Cooper University Hosp, Camden, NJ

University of South Alabama (USA) public release​

Attachments

• University of Southern Alabama Match Day 2024.pdf
    728.4 KB · Views: 59

Vermont (Public release)​

Attachments

• Vermont Public Match.pdf
    648.7 KB · Views: 134
Any clue why there are only 68 students on Stanford’s list? Their class size is 90.

It’s the public list. Total was 73, 68 chose to be public. Number matching in a year ebbs and flows a lot because vast majority don’t graduate in 4. Only 17 of 73 this year graduated in 4. 15 were MD/PhDs ranging from 6 to 11 years. Don’t read into it too hard. It’s true there’s always a handful not applying into residency though. As with all schools, matching only a prelim program does happen every year, particularly in the extremely competitive specialties for those who don’t dual apply (and it’s honestly shocking every time). Source: was there

Additionally, many Stanford med students don’t actually go into residency lol. I think it’s something like 20-30% go into careers outside of direct patient care - like industry. That’s what I’ve heard from many as well as my partner who goes there. Also many Stanford students take 5+ years to graduate and they tend to identify instead with their entry class year rather than their graduating class year while there at Stanford Med.
Usually the 5th or 6th year students balance out so there is not such a low number.

Every batch has a few (single digit) not choosing to become residents but I dont believe it is a quarter of the class. One has to wonder whether lot of people are choosing not to disclose?

Usually the 5th or 6th year students balance out so there is not such a low number.

Every batch has a few (single digit) not choosing to become residents but I dont believe it is a quarter of the class. One has to wonder whether lot of people are choosing not to disclose?
you dont have to wonder when data is available.

Given the people I know there, I would not be surprised if 1/4 of Stanford’s class didn’t do residency

RWJMS

Attachments

• Match list 2024_Public FINAL.pdf
    60.1 KB · Views: 165

Marshall (Marshall University Joan C. Edwards School of Medicine - West Virginia) Public Release​

Attachments

• Marshall 2024 Match.pdf
    169.4 KB · Views: 46

UAB Match List (Public release)​

Attachments

• UAB Match List 2024.pdf
    267.7 KB · Views: 63

UNC (Public Release)​

Attachments

• UNC 2024 Match List.pdf
    106.6 KB · Views: 80
Wayne State.

Attachments

• wsu-som-match-list-2024.pdf
    910.3 KB · Views: 237

Quinnipiac University

Anesthesiology​

• UCLA Medical Center - CA^
  • University of Connecticut School of Medicine^ - CT
  • University of Maryland Medical Center - MD
  • UPMC Medical Education - PA
  • Walter Reed National Military Medical Center - MD^
  • Yale-New Haven Hospital - CT^

Dermatology​

• University of Connecticut School of Medicine - CT

Emergency Medicine​

• Brown University/Rhode Island Hospital - RI
  • NYP Hospital/Columbia & Cornell - NY^
  • Saint Agnes Medical Center - CA
  • SW Healthcare Medical Education Consortium - CA
  • UMass Chan Medical School - MA^
  • University of Texas Southwestern Medical School - TX
  • Yale-New Haven Hospital - CT*^

Family Medicine​

• East Connecticut Health Network - CT
  • Middlesex Hospital - CT^
  • Montefiore Medical Center/Einstein - NY^
  • Oregon Health & Science University*
  • St. Luke's Warren Hospital - NJ
  • Temple University Hospital - PA
  • University of Montana - MT
  • Utah HealthCare Institute/St. Mark's - UT

Internal Medicine​

• Alameda Health System/Highland Hospital - CA^
  • Berkshire Medical Center - MA
  • Boston University Medical Center - MA^
  • Cedars-Sinai Medical Center - CA^
  • Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center - NH^*
  • ISMMS Mount Sinai Morningside-West - NY
  • ISMMS NYC Health+Hospitals/Elmhurst - NY^
  • Kaiser Permanente-Oakland - CA^
  • MGB-Massachusetts General Hospital^
  • NYP Hospital-Columbia University Medical Center - NY
  • NYU Grossman Long Island School of Medicine - NY*
  • NYU Grossman School Of Medicine/Brooklyn - NY
  • St Mary’s Hospital - CT
  • Stamford Hospital/Columbia - CT^*
  • Thomas Jefferson University - PA
  • UC San Francisco - CA
  • UMass Chan Medical School - MA^
  • University of Connecticut School of Medicine^*
  • University of Vermont Medical Center
  • Westchester Medical Center - NY^
  • Zucker School of Medicine-Northwell NS/LIJ - NY^

Internal Medicine/Pediatrics​

• Indiana University School of Medicine - IN
  • Loyola University Medical Center - IL

Interventional Radiology​

• UC Irvine Medical Center - CA

Neurology​

• Beth Israel-Deaconess Medical Center - MA
  • Maine Medical Center
  • Zucker School of Medicine-Northwell NS/LIJ - NY

Obstetrics-Gynecology​

• Albany Medical Center - NY
  • Maimonides Medical Center - NY^
  • University of Connecticut School of Medicine - CT^
  • University of Maryland Medical Center^
  • University of Southern California

Orthopaedic Surgery​

• Albany Medical Center - NY^
  • Barnes-Jewish Hospital - MO
  • Cleveland Clinic Foundation - OH

Otolaryngology​

• University of Tennessee Health Science Center-Memphis - TN

Pathology​

• Geisinger Health System - PA

Pediatrics​

• Brown University/Rhode Island Hospital*^
  • MGB-Massachusetts General Hospital
  • University of Connecticut School of Medicine*^

Pediatrics / Emergency Medicine​

• University of Maryland Medical Center

Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation​

• NYU Grossman School Of Medicine - NY

Plastic Surgery​

• University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics

Psychiatry​

• Boston University Medical Center - MA^
  • Hartford Hospital - CT^
  • Harvard South Shore - MA^
  • Naval Medical Center San Diego - CA^
  • UC San Diego Medical Center - CA^
  • Zucker School of Medicine-Northwell Mather Hospital - NY

Psychiatry/Family Medicine​

• University of Rochester/Strong Memorial - NY

Radiology - Diagnostic​

• Rutgers-New Jersey Medical School*
  • SUNY Health Science Center Brooklyn - NY*
  • Brown University/Rhode Island Hospital^

Radiation Oncology​

• NYU Grossman School Of Medicine - NY

Surgery​

• University of Connecticut School of Medicine^

Transitional Year​

• Mohawk Valley Health System - NY

Thoracic Surgery​

• Zucker School of Medicine-Northwell NS/LIJ - NY

Texas Tech Lubbock

Anesthesia 6

UT Health San Antonio TX
MUSC SC
U Arkansas Little Rock R
UTMB GalvestonTX
UTSW Dallas TX
UTSW Dallas TX

Dermatology 3
Dell Austin TX
Texas Tech Lubbock
Emory, Atlanta GA

Emergency Medicine 7
Texas Tech Lubbock TX
Texas Tech Lubbock TX
Baylor Scott & White Temple TX
NY Hosp. Columbia & Cornell NYC
Baylor, Houston TX
Prisma Health U S Carolina SOM, SC
Texas Tech El Paso TX

ENT 1
Mayo Clinic FL

Family Medicine 33
Texas Tech Amarillo TX
Texas Tech Amarillo TX
Texas Tech Amarillo TX
Texas Tech Amarillo TX
UAMS Regional Centers, Texarkana AR
UT Health San Antonio TX
Conroe Regional Med Ctr TX
Conroe Regional Med Ctr TX
JPS Hosp. Ft Worth TX
JPS Hosp. Ft Worth TX
JPS Hosp. Ft Worth TX
Texas Tech Lubbock TX
Texas Tech Lubbock TX
Texas Tech Lubbock TX
Texas Tech Lubbock TX
Texas Tech Lubbock TX
Texas Tech Lubbock TX
Texas Tech Lubbock TX
Memorial Hermann Hosp. Sugarland TX
UT TylerTX
Texas Tech Permian Basin TX
Texas Tech Permian Basin TX
McKay-Dee Hospital Ctr, Ogden UT
U Arizona Phoenix AZ
Waco Family Medicine Institute TX
Methodist Hospital Houston TX
Dell Austin TX
Offutt AFB NE
UNC Hospitals NC
In His Image Family Med Tulsa OK
U Arizona COM South Campus Tucson AZ
U Michigan Ann Arbor MI
Tidelands Health Myrtle Beach SC

General Surgery 13
SSM Health/ St. Louis Univ SOM, MO
U Arizona COM Phoenix AZ
U Miami, Jackson Health System FL
Orlando Health FL
Indiana University SOM, IN
U Central Florida/HCA Healthcare Kissimmee FL
U Iowa, Iowa City IA
U Alabama Med Ctr, Birmingham AL
U Oklahoma COM, OK City, OK
UT Houston (McGovern) TX
Texas Health Resources- Harris Methodist Ft Worth TX
U Colorado Denver CO

Internal Medicine 21
U Hawaii HI
UTMB Galveston TX
Kaiser Permanente Sant Clara CA
Baylor, Houston TX
Baylor, Houston TX
U Colorado, Denver CO
U Colorado, Denver CO
UT Health San Antonio TX
Methodist Health System Dallas TX
University Hospitals, Jackson MS
Dell Austin TX
UNC Hospitals NC
Methodist Hospital, Houston TX
Indiana SOM, Indianapolis IN
UT Tyler TX
Texas Tech Lubbock TX
UT Houston (McGovern) Houston TX
Mass General Hosp. MA
U Virginia SOM VA

Neurology 4
SSM Health/ St. Louis Univ SOM, MO
UT Health San Antonio TX
UTSW Dallas TX
Mayo Clinic, FL

OB/GYN 12
UTMB Galveston TX
UTMB Galveston TX
Adventist Health White Memorial, CA
UT Health San Antonio TX
Cleveland Clinic, OH
Texas Tech Lubbock TX
U Virginia VA
Texas Tech, Permian Basin TX
Texas Tech, Amarillo TX
Baylor Scott & White All Saints, Ft Worth TX
JPS Hospital, Ft Worth TX

Ophthalmology 3
Texas Tech Lubbock TX
Texas Tech Lubbock TX
UNM Albuquerque NM

Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery 2

Orthopedic Surgery 4
Texas Tech Lubbock TX
Texas Tech Lubbock TX
Prisma Health USC, Columbia, SC
JPS Hospital, Ft Worth TX

Pediatrics 17
U Florida Shands, Gainesville FL
UT Health San Antonio TX
UTSW Dallas TX
UC Irvine, Orange County CA
Baylor, Houston TX
Baylor, Houston TX
Dell Austin TX
Dell Austin TX
UC Davis, Sacramento CA
Brooke Army Med Ctr, San Antonio TX
Texas Tech Lubbock TX
Texas Tech Lubbock TX
Texas Tech Lubbock TX
U Utah, UT
Children’s Mercy Hospital, Kansas City MO
Children’s Mercy Hospital, Kansas City MO
U Alabama, Birmingham AL

Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation 2
U Wisconsin Hosp. WI
Baylor, Houston TX

Psychiatry 7
Texas Tech, Lubbock TX
Texas Tech, Lubbock TX
UTMB Galveston TX
Cleveland Clinic OH
Boston University MA

Radiology Diagnostic 7
Yale New Haven CT
Creighton, Omaha NE
Baylor, Houston TX
U Missouri, Kansas City MO
UT Houston (McGovern) Houston TX

Radiology Interventional 1
UT Health San Antonio TX

Radiation Oncology 1
UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles CA

Urology 4
U Utah, Salt Lake City UT
U Wisconsin WI
U Oklahoma COM, OK City OK

Vascular Surgery 1
Duke, NC

Preliminary, General Surgery 3
Orlando Health, FL
Texas Tech Lubbock, TX
Texas Tech, Lubbock TX

Preliminary, Medicine 1
ETSU, Johnson City, TN

Life happens. Things happen. Not everyone makes it to year 4 with their class. This adds up to 59 by my count so that's great!

Here is the complete list, source is TCU site:

Anesthesiology 5
2 @ Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Temple, TX
Brown University/Rhode Island Hospital
St. Louis University School of Medicine
University of Texas HSC-Tyler

Dermatology 1
University of Texas Southwestern - Dallas

Emergency Medicine 10
Baylor University Medical Center - Dallas
John Peter Smith Hospital - Fort Worth
LSU School of Medicine - Baton Rouge, La.
LSU Health Science Center
Mayo Clinic - Rochester, Minnesota
Ohio State University Medical Center
NYU Grossman Long Island SOM
Stanford Health Care
University of Southern California
Vanderbilt University Medical Center

Family Medicine 5
Northwestern McGraw/VA-IL
Poudre Valley Hospital
Tidelands Health-SC
2 @ University of Texas Medical School-Houston

General Surgery 8
Carolinas Medical Center - NC
Creighton University - AZ
Methodist Health System - Dallas
Summa Health/Ohio
University of Buffalo School of Medicine-NY
Valley Health System, Las Vegas
Sinai Hospital of Baltimore-MD
Texas Tech University HSC

Internal Medicine 5
Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Temple, TX
Indiana University School of Medicine
Northwell Staten Island University-NY
Texas Health Resources - Harris Methodist
University of Texas Medical Branch - Galveston
Interventional Radiology 1
University of Michigan-Ann Arbor

OB/GYN 6
2 @ Baylor Scott and White Medical Center - Temple
Duke University Medical Center - NC
HCA Medical City Healthcare - Arlington, TX
Kaiser Permanente-Santa Clara, CA
University of Texas Southwestern - Dallas

Otolaryngology 1
University of lowa Hospitals and Clinics

Orthopedic Surgery 3
San Antonio Military Medical Center
SUNY Upstate Medical University
University of Texas HSC - San Antonio

Ophthalmology 2
Loyola University/Hines VA Hospital
University of Texas - San Antonio

Pediatrics 6
2 @ Baylor College of Medicine - Houston
Baylor College of Medicine -San Antonio/Houston
Loyola University Medical Center - IL
Stanford Health Care - CA
University of Washington Affiliate Hospitals

Plastic Surgery 1
Loma Linda University CA

Psychiatry 2
John Peter Smith Hospital
UCLA Semel Institute for Neuroscience - CA

Radiology 1
Walter Reed National Military Medical Center

Urology 1
University of Tennessee COM

Transitional 1
Naval Medical Center Virginia
So proud of my classmates! Great job everyone!

PLFSOM (Paul L Foster SOM, El Paso TX)

Edited to add a list sorted by specialty-
Thanks for posting the official list from the school @Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Anesthesia 5
UTSW, Dallas TX
Texas Tech Lubbock TX
Baylor, Houston TX
UT Health San Antonio TX
U AZ, Tucson AZ

Dermatology 2
LSU, New Orleans LA