2009-2010 University of Rochester Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shemarty

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Prompt

No essay

LOR Requirements

Letters of recommendation submitted on official letterhead may be a composite letter or prehealth advisory committee letter from your school; or a minimum of 3 individual letters. Up to 4 additional letters may be sent. While any three letters of recommendation will be accepted, it is preferred that the applicant submit two science and one non-science related letters. Science or academic letters can be written by a professor from whom you took a class, a pre-health advisor, or a research mentor(s). In addition to the science or academic letters, we also welcome personal letters from supervisors and volunteer directors.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Secondary came out this morning...no essays...god i love schools that do that.:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Any one know if we need to submit anything for FAP or do they take care of it themself?

Any one know if we need to submit anything for FAP or do they take care of it themself?
im going to call them to find that out if its not obvious after submission...most schools tend to want a paper copy of your approval though.

Kinda scary that it only took less than a minute to complete.
if by scary you mean the absolute best thing ever...then yes its "scary" :)

wow that took literaly 30 seconds...all the questions were left blank lol.

Last edited:
FYI if you get an interview at University of Rochester, then you will have a few essays to complete. If I remember correctly they are pretty standard essay question. At least that's how it was last year. Good luck!

FYI if you get an interview at University of Rochester, then you will have a few essays to complete. If I remember correctly they are pretty standard essay question. At least that's how it was last year. Good luck!
so if you are invited for an interview you have to write some? Or is it during the interview like drexel?

so if you are invited for an interview you have to write some? Or is it during the interview like drexel?

The former.

Drexel makes you write during the interview?! Talk about increasing the stress on an already stressful day...

The former.

Drexel makes you write during the interview?! Talk about increasing the stress on an already stressful day...
yah seriously...someone from last year told me they did that..i thought that was a little insane but :shrug: what about this process isnt?:p

Members don't see this ad :)
As long as I don't have to write anything now.:p

As long as you indicate on the secondary that you have a fee waiver then you are fine. nothing else to worry about. Thats what the office told me.

Can't wait to turn this in. But first, breakfast.

awesome. going to submit shortly... i love secondaries with no prompts!

after you submit, does your guys' status say "Brochure sent"?

after you submit, does your guys' status say "Brochure sent"?
it takes 24-48 hours to update the status so yes all of ours will say that until probably monday or so (unless they do stuff on the weekends)

This is officially my favorite secondary.:p

Last edited:
So.... how do you know when you're complete? Does it say complete, or does it say Payment Received?

Makes me sad that I couldn't check any box on that whole form.

Mine said that too, until today. It says payment received now.

Mine says "payment received" so I called U of Rochester and they told me that it's going to be updated soon.

They got ~600 applications just today so they told me that they are are quite busy.

Mine says "payment received" so I called U of Rochester and they told me that it's going to be updated soon.

They got ~600 applications just today so they told me that they are are quite busy.

wtf 600? Oh my god, I hate these gunners.

received 2nd: 6/24; turn in 2nd: 6/25; completed e-mail notification: 6/29.

now the waiting.

sigh.

wtf 600? Oh my god, I hate these gunners.
lol blue...by that definition me and u are gunners ;). Sorta off topic but over the past 10 years apps have remained steady at about 45-49k. I think this year its going to reach the high 50k+. I really think the economy and uncertainty is going to push a huge number of applicants toward med. Great news for us :rolleyes:

I'm among that 600. I've been going back and forth with this school and finally decided to bite the bullet today.No secondary yet.

I didn't get any complete emails?

I got an email saying I was complete. Haha on the application portal it said an interview decision will be made by Jan. 20th. GREATTTTT

Mine says recommendations missing but I sent it through the AMCAS letter service.

Mine still says Payment Received.

Status
Not open for further replies.