2010-2011 East Carolina (Brody) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ksmi117

GEAUX TIGERS!!!
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Prompts:

A composition stored in Rich Text Format (.rtf extension) of 300-500 words which reflects your reasons for desiring to study medicine, your future professional aspirations, avocational areas of interest, and your major reaction to contemporary life experienced during the last several years. Be sure to put your name and AMCAS identification number in the upper right corner of the first page.

:luck: with your application!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
does anybody else have problems adding Brody to AMCAS? Or did they not release their application yet?

Nope, it worked fine for me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interesting....are you in-state, maybe it's because Im OOS? When I go to add a north carolina school from in AMCAS....all I see is UNC, Duke, Wake.

Very confused, since I found all of my other schools

ECU does not accept OS. It's 100% NC residents.

Thanks...I figured it was something like that. I just wish we were able to declare residency in two states (or at least explain it), since my dad lives in NC, and I go back and forth a lot....but that's a discussion for another day lol...would have loved to go there

Thanks...I figured it was something like that. I just wish we were able to declare residency in two states (or at least explain it), since my dad lives in NC, and I go back and forth a lot....but that's a discussion for another day lol...would have loved to go there

If your dad has lived there for a number of years, you ought to be able to claim residency. Certainly worth a shot.

deleted

Last edited:
I know they only take NC residents but do all applicants receive secondaries? Are they screened at all by GPA, MCAT?

Never mind found the answer!

Last edited:
All North Carolina residents receive a secondary.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!

I'm still waiting for my 2nd scores to come out this coming Tuesday so I'm in the "hold" category..... grrrrrr.... starting to wish I had not retaken the MCAT, I feel like it's putting me behind.

Last edited:
How is everyone else handling the 300-500 word multipart question about contemporary life events on the secondary? Seems like an unusual question, with lots of parts and very limited space.

Congrats ncboy. What are your stats?

Application Complete: July 27

Interview Invite: August 13 (Friday the 13th) Dun dun dun...

App complete: 8/9

Interview invite: 8/23

Interview date: 9/7!

Complete: 8/19
Invite: 8/30
Interview Date: 9/14

Reapplicant
UG GPA: 3.45
UG BCPM: 3.08
Grad BCPM: 3.97
MCAT: 3.45

Good luck to everyone!

got an interview invite on friday at 5pm... of course it would be right before a long weekend. grrrrr. :p

I'm applying early decision.

Last edited:
Complete: 8/19
Invite: 8/30
Interview Date: 9/14

Reapplicant
UG GPA: 3.45
UG BCPM: 3.08
Grad BCPM: 3.97
MCAT: 3.45

Good luck to everyone

What???
MCAT: 3.45????

I know. I got a 1 in each section, and I got 0.45 extra credit!

sry, actually 34

Great score! What a good grad GPA also!

Hope your interview season works out for you!

My interview is on Monday.... eek!!! I'm so nervous!!!

Good luck on your interview! Any new invites? I was complete on 08/24 and still nothing! I'm getting a little nervous ... almost 3 weeks!

The interview went great! They were really laid back and everyone was super nice!!

Great to hear armywife, that was my experience too. Best of luck to you!

Interview invite today! I'm a reapplicant and my app was complete 08/19. I was getting very worried. Good luck everybody!

:luck:

Got my first interview invite from Brody today!

Complete: 9/20
Invite: 9/21
Interview Date: 10/7

I'm pretty excited about it. My stats aren't great - I'm a non-trad - and I'm pretty much a long shot for this year, but still pumped to get the opportunity.

Good luck to everyone who is interviewing at Brody soon. I really loved the school. I really liked it before I had my interview, but the atmosphere there between the students and faculty was fanatasic and made me like it even more! :) Hope you guys have the same experience!

The interview was really nice! Everyone was laid back and friendly, and I got every question answered. I didn't realize that 1st and 2nd year students get to help run three free clinics... aaah this school is just so perfect!

One thing that worries me, though, is that EVERYBODY who interviews has a good experience. I'm trying not to get my hopes up even though my interview was great because I know everybody else feels like theirs was just as amazing. hah I wonder if that makes sense to anybody besides me. :p

Yea, I understand what you mean. If EVERYONE had a great interview experience then that doesn't really tell you that much as far as what your chances are..... is that what you were trying to say?

Yea, I understand what you mean. If EVERYONE had a great interview experience then that doesn't really tell you that much as far as what your chances are..... is that what you were trying to say?

exactly!

Got my first interview invite from Brody today!

Complete: 9/20
Invite: 9/21
Interview Date: 10/7

I'm pretty excited about it. My stats aren't great - I'm a non-trad - and I'm pretty much a long shot for this year, but still pumped to get the opportunity.

Do you mind sharing your stats/XCs? If not, its cool.

On their secondary directions it says 3 LORs are needed before applicants are considered. Does this mean I have to have my three letters in before they even read my secondary?

Have they sent any interview invites lately? I'm a reapplicant but am really hoping to have a shot at ECU again this year. I interviewed in August last year, so I'm getting nervous that I haven't heard from them yet...

Have they sent any interview invites lately? I'm a reapplicant but am really hoping to have a shot at ECU again this year. I interviewed in August last year, so I'm getting nervous that I haven't heard from them yet...

Have you done a lot to improve your app over the last year? I reapplied last year and didn't get an interview and I'm sure its because I hadn't done enough to really improve my application..

This year I'm reapplying with 400 more hours of clinical experience... and a higher GPA...So hopefully I'll have more luck.

Have you done a lot to improve your app over the last year? I reapplied last year and didn't get an interview and I'm sure its because I hadn't done enough to really improve my application..

This year I'm reapplying with 400 more hours of clinical experience... and a higher GPA...So hopefully I'll have more luck.

So you're a 3rd time applicant? Me too, way to hang in there - I'm definitely hoping this is my last go-round. Since last year's application, I have done more volunteering, have finished a master's program, and done a year of research in a medical school. Hopefully its enough to be given another shot...I'm originally from eastern NC so I'm really hoping to get in here.

So you're a 3rd time applicant? Me too, way to hang in there - I'm definitely hoping this is my last go-round. Since last year's application, I have done more volunteering, have finished a master's program, and done a year of research in a medical school. Hopefully its enough to be given another shot...I'm originally from eastern NC so I'm really hoping to get in here.

Yea.. my amcas is still processing... I've written the secondary and it'll be sent out the day I get it.

You sound like you've done a lot. I bet you'll have some luck this year!

Hey y'all. And congrats to everyone who got an invite!

I've been away for a while (not away, more like myopically immersed in my quotidian existence), but I was wondering if people could help me out.

I'm an IS with par to sub-par stats, and my Supp. was "confirmed complete" on 10/5. I still haven't heard anything back, so I'm starting to feel nervous.

Thoughts? Reassurances? Well-meaning but ultimately hollow platitudes and placating condolences?

Happy October 15th everybody! Good luck guys!

:luck:

The Brody website says they've given out 5 acceptances...wonder who got the lucky invites

Those five invites were from October 1st and before, they haven't updated for October 15th yet. Do they call or just send snail mail??

Those five invites were from October 1st and before, they haven't updated for October 15th yet. Do they call or just send snail mail??

So was that like an early decision thing or something?

I think they told us it was early decision and one early assurance student.

Snail mail only according to the archives.

I'm really interested to see what the numbers look like today!

Interviewed Oct 11 with 35Q, 3.73 overall. Please post your date of interview and date of acceptance notification if you get in. I can't believe that I am already tired of waiting.
boltzmann77

Hey y'all. And congrats to everyone who got an invite!

I've been away for a while (not away, more like myopically immersed in my quotidian existence), but I was wondering if people could help me out.

I'm an IS with par to sub-par stats, and my Supp. was "confirmed complete" on 10/5. I still haven't heard anything back, so I'm starting to feel nervous.

Thoughts? Reassurances? Well-meaning but ultimately hollow platitudes and placating condolences?

My first time applying I had a 29 (9,10,10) and was complete for two weeks before I was contacted to schedule an interview. Don't fret, I'm sure you'll hear something soon. Maybe give it two more weeks and then maybe email admissions and politely ask if you can know the status of your application.

Status
Not open for further replies.