2010-2011 University of Connecticut Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ksmi117

GEAUX TIGERS!!!
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Prompts:

Questions 1-3 must be completed by all applicants. Your response to each question cannot exceed 1800 characters (with spaces).

1. Highlighting your experiences in the health care field, what insights have you gained about potential problems you will face as a physician? (Provide details of your health care experiences without providing actual patient names).

2. Describe the activity (curricular or extracurricular) from which you gained the greatest personal benefit and insight.

3. How will the University of Connecticut School of Medicine best serve your needs of becoming a physician or physician scientist?

:luck: with your application!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
does anyone know how UConn views multiple MCAT scores? Do they take the highest from each section, the most recent, etc? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't even taken the MCAT yet, but I already got an email about filling out the secondary application on the website. It's either they send the secondary to everyone, or maybe I got one because I did my undergrad there? I don't know.

I haven't even taken the MCAT yet, but I already got an email about filling out the secondary application on the website. It's either they send the secondary to everyone, or maybe I got one because I did my undergrad there? I don't know.
they send it to everyone.

Has anyone submitted this? Do you get some kind of confirmation after sending it via email?

wondering about this too.. submitted my secondary on the 4th and didn't get a confirmation email back yet.

Haha my guess is there's either 1) no love for UConn or 2) we're alll in the same boat and are wondering the same thing.

I didn't get a confirmation email... I hope they got my secondary!

Just received confirmation on my secondary in addition to the billing confirmation I received upon submission. They must be just getting to them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received confirmation on my secondary in addition to the billing confirmation I received upon submission. They must be just getting to them.

When did you submit it? I got the billing confirmation almost immediately.

I submitted late June and received a reply email to my original with the subject: "secondary application received-thank-you". This email was entirely independent from the billing confirmation.

I submitted late June and received a reply email to my original with the subject: "secondary application received-thank-you". This email was entirely independent from the billing confirmation.

Alrighty, that makes sense..since I sent mine in around the 7th of July..I won't get it for a while.

Has anyone else gotten a confirmation they they received your secondary? I just got the billing confirmation but I wish I knew if they got my secondary. Oh and I submitted on 6/25

Has anyone else gotten a confirmation they they received your secondary? I just got the billing confirmation but I wish I knew if they got my secondary. Oh and I submitted on 6/25

nope, just the confirmation of payment. submitted 6/28

It's odd that we don't get any sort of confirmation from them...like hypotheticallly, what if they never got our app?

Hopefully we start getting confirmations...I think I sent mine out the 7th or so of July...
:luck:

It's odd that we don't get any sort of confirmation from them...like hypotheticallly, what if they never got our app?

Hopefully we start getting confirmations...I think I sent mine out the 7th or so of July...
:luck:

I called the admissions office a million times today, and apparently no one picks up the phone there. I sent an email asking about whether they received my secondary application or not (sent it 7/15)...hopefully they'll respond.

maybe no one actually works at the office and our apps are all just in limbo :(

I sent them an email a few weeks ago (submitted my secondary back at the end of June) asking if I was complete. No response.

so they actually responded to my email this afternoon, having sent it only a few hours before! strange that they didn't respond to your email, duckgirl.

anyways, this is what it said:

Dear , We have received your supplemental statement, and letters of recommendation. Thank you for your interest in UConn School of Medicine. R. Zeff

from the assistant dean of admissions himself! ahh! I don't like how it just ended with "thank you for your interest". kinda sounds like he's dismissing me lol. this system of admissions is one of the worst I've seen....a shame for a decent school.

so they actually responded to my email this afternoon, having sent it only a few hours before! strange that they didn't respond to your email, duckgirl.

anyways, this is what it said:

Dear , We have received your supplemental statement, and letters of recommendation. Thank you for your interest in UConn School of Medicine. R. Zeff

from the assistant dean of admissions himself! ahh! I don't like how it just ended with "thank you for your interest". kinda sounds like he's dismissing me lol. this system of admissions is one of the worst I've seen....a shame for a decent school.

I don't want to email them/annoy them...but this weird "email it back to us as an attachment" and lack of any sort of response MAY merit my email lol...but I doubt it. I'm sure it'll all work out/we'll receive our confirmations as htey get to it.

However, in response to your post..THANKS for emailing them...I do think the email was a bit 'cold" but that might just be how it is so that they don't risk 'revealing" anything.

how stringent are they about the 4 week deadline?

Hey guys + gals

Welcome to the Uconn thread. I'm currently a Uconn med student and I'm posting because I've had some great advice given to me here as a pre-med. I will answer any questions you may have with regards to the school and admissions. As I don't check SDN very often, please just send me an email @ [email protected] - If it's a more in depth question, and you are close enough to the school, we can set up a quick chat as I'm around often.

GOOD LUCK!
Uconn is an awesome med school

hope they start sending out invites soon! last year they started end of july...

hope they start sending out invites soon! last year they started end of july...

Agrreed....except I don't even know if they received my application. Never heard a peep from them after sending it in the beginning of July...

interview scheduled for 9/13!!!

IS, secondary complete 7/6, cgpa 3.81, sgpa 3.77
11p, 11v, 11b

first interview invite , i'm pretty excited!!! :D

I guess they're calling all their applicants today! Got a phone call asking me to pick a date (I hadn't brought my planner with me when I stepped out to answer my cell phone and she asked me if this specific date was okay and I was like ummm sure!) Then I got sent a confirmation email with the date that I picked.

IS, secondary completed 7/15...emailed them inquiring about status and got a response saying they had received the secondary/LORs on 7/28, interview invite today 8/4!

sgpa 3.73, cgpa 3.70, mcat 35P

Aww, no love for an OOS applicant! :(

I know it's still early, and I submitted on the 6th of JUly..so I'm not really freaking out...it hasn't been a month yet.

I don't know if I'm in state or OOS (grew up there, graduated high school but have legally resided in MA the last 12 years i.e. since high school). My family still lives in CT, too.

But I was complete 6/28 and nothing today. Sadly. I would really love an interview here. :xf:

Congrats to those who got interviews!

Also, for other people - i never got a secondary received confirmation email and called up today and they have my stuff. they said there is a glitch in their system but they had it. Hope that helps rest some people's minds.

catswym - if you have had a drivers license or been a registered voter or other such formal documentation in MA, then you are a MA resident

Hey guys,

Congrats on the interviews!

I was just wondering, what phone number did they call you from? I don't have reception where I work and I don't like to pick up on weird numbers, so this telephone invite worries me a bit.

Thank you!

Hey guys,

Congrats on the interviews!

I was just wondering, what phone number did they call you from? I don't have reception where I work and I don't like to pick up on weird numbers, so this telephone invite worries me a bit.

Thank you!

Yes, if whoever called or emailed and got an answer, if you could post the number and email on here that will be GREAT!!! Because I really cannot get through to them.

I called Lynda Fox on the number listed in the email, answered first ring on the first time i called her

I called Lynda Fox on the number listed in the email, answered first ring on the first time i called her

cool. i have been calling her too, and i think she has been out of office lately. so good to know she is back.

how long did it take everyone to complete this secondary? It's taking me forever! I wish the character limit was shorter for each question. I feel the need to satisfy the 1800 character limit lol

how long did it take everyone to complete this secondary? It's taking me forever! I wish the character limit was shorter for each question. I feel the need to satisfy the 1800 character limit lol
Not too long. I was surprised at how much I clicked with this school and their mission statement. I'm OOS, though, so I have NO idea wth will happen. I just know I like this school and would love to know something.

Also, a relief to know I'm not the only one who didn't get a confirmation about the secondary. Though, they were quick to mention the payment :smuggrin:

I've received an email that says they received my supplemental...if we submitted our LORS via AMCAS, it's assumed they'll receive it, even if they don't confirm it?

Does anyone know where I can find information on Early Assurance? I am going to be a junior at UConn and I can't seem to find anything regarding deadlines and such.

Does anyone know where I can find information on Early Assurance? I am going to be a junior at UConn and I can't seem to find anything regarding deadlines and such.

For some reason they don't display that information on the school of medicine website. I would contact Dr. Sanford and/or Dr. Crivello.

I've received an email that says they received my supplemental...if we submitted our LORS via AMCAS, it's assumed they'll receive it, even if they don't confirm it?

How long did it take between sending your supplemental and getting the confirmation e-mail?

I just submitted today and received an automated email which said, "Thank you for your interest in the UCONN School of Medicine. This is your notification that your supplemental has been received."

How long did it take between sending your supplemental and getting the confirmation e-mail?

I sent it in the beginning of July, around 4th of July..and got the confirmation when I posted in the thread, so about...a bit over one month.

I just submitted today and received an automated email which said, "Thank you for your interest in the UCONN School of Medicine. This is your notification that your supplemental has been received."
Bah, wtf?!

I called up and they said had a glitch and some people wouldn't get confirmation responses - so dont fret if you dont get one

i never got one, but i called the office and they confirmed that they had it on file.

Status
Not open for further replies.