2010-2011 University of Connecticut Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, guys! I guess I'll give them a call just to be sure they got it, then!

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted on 7/22, but I haven't heard any response yet. I've called the university several times and all I get is the same voicemail. I've left my contact info and have sent several emails as well, but no response yet. Maybe they don't like me? :(

I submitted on 7/22, but I haven't heard any response yet. I've called the university several times and all I get is the same voicemail. I've left my contact info and have sent several emails as well, but no response yet. Maybe they don't like me? :(

They actually "might not" haha. I called them, left a voicemail, and got an email that afternoon...

I'd leave it be for now. We can't expect much from them at this point, I'm sure they're swamped with applicants/paperwork.

Members don't see this ad :)
After submitting my application about a month ago (7/15), I just received a confirmation. Very unexpected!

It was a reply to the emailed secondary, so I wonder if they fixed the system glitch and are going back. Or maybe it means my application is being reviewed? That's prolly delusions.

Anyway, it's good news.

After submitting my application about a month ago (7/15), I just received a confirmation. Very unexpected!

It was a reply to the emailed secondary, so I wonder if they fixed the system glitch and are going back. Or maybe it means my application is being reviewed? That's prolly delusions.

Anyway, it's good news.

Same here, but I submitted 7/4

Ya, I too got a supplemental application received email today.

i finally heard back this afternoon. i got an email response to the secondary email saying they received my app and another response to an email i sent yesterday asking whether i was complete or not.

yep they must be sending out automated responses. I got a notification email today 8/16 about my supplemental having been received. Interesting, since I got the interview invite on 8/4 haha.

Guess that means you don't necessarily have to be confirmed in order to receive an interview invite, so don't worry you guys!

Hey All!

Has anyone from OOS received an interview invite yet / has anyone else gotten an interview since their initial batch of calls? Just wondering!

Yah i got my email about being complete today too despite calling up like 10 days ago and them telling me that on the phone.

oh well

yep they must be sending out automated responses. I got a notification email today 8/16 about my supplemental having been received. Interesting, since I got the interview invite on 8/4 haha.

Mine was not an automated response but it was nice to get since I submitted mine 6/28.

To all of the CT residents who applied, has anyone here received an interview with a less than impressive verbal score? I'm talking like 7 or 8. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
hmmm do we know for sure if Connecticut screens or sends out automatic secondaries? i was verified in july and have yet to hear a peep from them... no secondary or even an email acknowledging receipt of primary :confused:

i'm pretty concerned- i feel like now i'm late in the game here. silent rejection? do you think i should call at this point? i'm not sure what i would say...

thanks for any advice!
:luck:

hmmm do we know for sure if Connecticut screens or sends out automatic secondaries? i was verified in july and have yet to hear a peep from them... no secondary or even an email acknowledging receipt of primary :confused:

i'm pretty concerned- i feel like now i'm late in the game here. silent rejection? do you think i should call at this point? i'm not sure what i would say...

thanks for any advice!
:luck:

I'd definitely call them if you're worried. Here is an excerpt from their website:

As soon as the University of Connecticut receives notification that an application is being processed to the School of Medicine from AMCAS, the applicant receives an email acknowledgement from the school inviting the applicant to submit the UConn Download Supplemental Statement (PDF), letters of recommendation, and the school application fee. The applicant is instructed to complete and submit the supplemental statement and school application fee within four weeks of receipt of the email. Applicants are required to complete the supplemental application according to the timetable presented.

http://medicine.uchc.edu/prospective/firstyear/index.html

Good luck! In the meantime, there is a PDF of the supplemental on the website. Download and fill it out. Shoot the office an email or call them up on Monday morning. If they give you the go-ahead, send it in then.

This dead silence...it's annoying

The lack of any online portal to check you status on is annoying. I think my application is complete but don't want to be that annoying person who keeps calling to verify all parts of my application were received. :cool:

The lack of any online portal to check you status on is annoying. I think my application is complete but don't want to be that annoying person who keeps calling to verify all parts of my application were received. :cool:

Ya I know what you mean, I got two "we received your secondary" emails...so I assume that if payment went thru (confirmation via email) and my LORS were downloaded by other schools, we're more or less complete. I think they're being deliberate in who they're interviewing, since they have such a small class size..(at least that's what their website says)

as opposed to not being deliberate?
More akin to "hey, whoever applies first is going to have a better chance of getting interviews ala rollling admissions!", which is a tendency for med schools. I don't know, though. I just know that UConn, Indiana and anywhere in New York are where I want to go.

Has anyone heard of receiving an interview invitation without completing a secondary app?

I'm not sure if this was an administrative mistake or if I should just be excited that they really want to interview me?

Has anyone heard of receiving an interview invitation without completing a secondary app?

I'm not sure if this was an administrative mistake or if I should just be excited that they really want to interview me?
I'm guessing that they want to interview, but I'd still call and ask them to make sure.

Hi guys,

I am in the process of filling out my secondary, i am late for Uconn. I am having trouble fitting 1800 characters on the PDF files. It fits when i paste it from a word document but when i click out of typing frame, it seems that it re-adjust the size and my last line does not show. Any advice please. And i am using a Mac does that have anything to do with it?

kindly help

Hi guys, i was hoping someone can help me with this. When does UConn send out invite for secondary applications, i know its available online, i have it ready to submit but i have not receive and invite yet?

My AMCAS is not verified yet, could that be why?

Has anyone receive an invite from UConn before their AMCAS was verified?

kindly help

Hi guys, i was hoping someone can help me with this. When does UConn send out invite for secondary applications, i know its available online, i have it ready to submit but i have not receive and invite yet?

My AMCAS is not verified yet, could that be why?

Has anyone receive an invite from UConn before their AMCAS was verified?

kindly help
I don't know about your first issue with the secondary pdf but, you should receive an e-mail asking you to complete the secondary sometime after your primary AMCAS application is verified.

Hi guys,

I am in the process of filling out my secondary, i am late for Uconn. I am having trouble fitting 1800 characters on the PDF files. It fits when i paste it from a word document but when i click out of typing frame, it seems that it re-adjust the size and my last line does not show. Any advice please. And i am using a Mac does that have anything to do with it?

kindly help

the same exact thing happened to me (i also use a mac--i don't know if that's just a coincidence or the source of the problem).. i wound up sending an email explaining the problem to the admissions email address and attached a pdf and read-only Word document of my essays to the email... i submitted my stuff pretty early and so we were emailing back and forth a little bit; i was sending them screen shots of what i was seeing and they were trying to remedy the problem.. long story short, they wound up emailing me and said they just printed out my Word document containing my essays and sticking that in my file b/c they were having problems viewing my essays in the other formats we tried.. hope this helps!

Can anyone who had an interview so far tell me how the interview went (e.g. blind, open-file, laid-back, etc.)?

Also does anyone know how to get to Farmington from NYC?

Thanks

Can anyone who had an interview so far tell me how the interview went (e.g. blind, open-file, laid-back, etc.)?

Thanks
So, you got an invite?

hey guys- just came back from my run to get the WEIRDEST message on my answering machine- UCONN is inviting me for an interview.
Yeah, no big deal you will say, but the thing is; i never completed the secondaries or paid the fee. I sent my amcas yes but hadn't even started the 2ndary essays yet. I listened again to make sure they had my name right and yes indeed they did.
SO WEIRD. I will call them tomorrow, spending the night crossing fingers they were not simply mistaken.
I'm canadian so this is exciting- US schools discriminate highly against us international folks, so if i DO have an interview there, i'd be super happy
ANYONE ever been in the same boat?
Let me know please!

- UPDATE: yes, apparently you dont need to be complete to be invited for an interview there... i have my interview date, and have been requested to complete my secondaries in the mean time.
AWESOME

Last edited:

Thanks

I believe one of the interviews is open file, I think the student one is just essays. not 100% sure though.

I would take a train to Hartford's train station, and either work out some sort of bus schedule to get to UCHC in Farmington, or a cab if you don't want to deal with that. it's only about 10-15 minutes from Hartford.

EDIT: the interviews are both open file for faculty interview and student interview.

Last edited:
Has anyone heard anything from Connecticut recently? I wonder if they're telling you if you're on hold for re-review this year like they did last year?

Is the school still alive? :confused:

hey guys- just came back from my run to get the WEIRDEST message on my answering machine- UCONN is inviting me for an interview.
Yeah, no big deal you will say, but the thing is; i never completed the secondaries or paid the fee. I sent my amcas yes but hadn't even started the 2ndary essays yet. I listened again to make sure they had my name right and yes indeed they did.
SO WEIRD. I will call them tomorrow, spending the night crossing fingers they were not simply mistaken.
I'm canadian so this is exciting- US schools discriminate highly against us international folks, so if i DO have an interview there, i'd be super happy
ANYONE ever been in the same boat?
Let me know please!

- UPDATE: yes, apparently you dont need to be complete to be invited for an interview there... i have my interview date, and have been requested to complete my secondaries in the mean time.
AWESOME

Wtf... what a weird school. Totally a noob question but I submitted all my stuff a week ago (i know, added it rather late but I figured it is still 2 weeks before the Oct 15th deadline a lot of schools have and why not, i had a few bucks...). I got the billing conf. but nothing else. Do they download my letters of rec through AMCAS or do i have to send them separately? Not super clear on their website.

Wtf... what a weird school. Totally a noob question but I submitted all my stuff a week ago (i know, added it rather late but I figured it is still 2 weeks before the Oct 15th deadline a lot of schools have and why not, i had a few bucks...). I got the billing conf. but nothing else. Do they download my letters of rec through AMCAS or do i have to send them separately? Not super clear on their website.

First, I hate you for bumping this thread because I thought it was someone who heard something from this school.:smuggrin: (I kid)

Second, they download through the electronic files that you submitted on AMCAS. So, just send in the money and secondary app and just wait...like everyone else. :laugh:

aaghhh dying today, hoping for a phone call. no idea if they even call, but since they called me for an interview I'm hoping that they call for acceptances?? :xf:

sorry for bumping the thread and getting people excited :D

When was the earliest interview date? Any thoughts on whether notification for acceptance will be by snail mail again?

i got a voice mail on monday while i was in an area with no reception, saying that they had "information about the decision of the admissions committee". i've called back a few times and have only gotten their voicemail in return! i can't imagine they call to reject people...so be looking for a phone call guys :)

i got a voice mail on monday while i was in an area with no reception, saying that they had "information about the decision of the admissions committee". i've called back a few times and have only gotten their voicemail in return! i can't imagine they call to reject people...so be looking for a phone call guys :)

oo exciting! when did you interview?

everytime I call lynda fox it goes to her voicemail.....I don't know how to get through. I emailed admissions asking when we might find out about decisions.

When did you interview? Have you gotten in contact with them yet?

Anyone else hear anything?

Just got an Interview Invite today. I'm OOS. Does anyone know what the OOS acceptance rate is? I was too cheap to buy the MSAR :)

i finally got a hold of dr. zeff yesterday...and i got in! i interviewed 9/13, IS. he said an official acceptance will be in the mail soon. so be on the look out for both a phone call and a letter. good luck guys, hope a lot of you will join me at uconn!

i finally got a hold of dr. zeff yesterday...and i got in! i interviewed 9/13, IS. he said an official acceptance will be in the mail soon. so be on the look out for both a phone call and a letter. good luck guys, hope a lot of you will join me at uconn!

that's great...congratulations!! I interviewed the week after so I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for next week!

Would you mind divulging your stats/ec's?

Has anyone who interviewed early October heard anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.