Upenn Status Page Has Changed!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joker

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone...my UPENN status page now says: "Preliminary Committee Review Completed. Interview data is is temporarily unavailable. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please try again later or contact the Office of Admissions at 215-898-8001."

I guess that means the committee has met, and maybe even made decisions?? I guess they're waiting to make official decision status page changes till mid-March...can anyone call to verify what this means? I'm off to work...but check to see if your status page has changed too! good luck all!!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Ack! Now we all get to spend the next two weeks speculating on what this means. :eek:

As if the anxiety of waiting wasn't enough already!

Good luck everyone!

(p.s. - my status page says the same thing as Joker's... anyone else have anything different?)

Mine also says "Waitlist Tier 1" above "Preliminary Committee Review Completed...."

So I'm confused. Do they have decisions out already? Am I waitlisted? If anyone else has this message please post.

Members don't see this ad :)
mine says "waitlist tier 1" as well

Mine just says: "Preliminary Committee Review Completed
Interview data is is temporarily unavailable."

Mine says "Waitlist Tippy Top", and then the "Interview...." stuff.

:confused:

Mine just has what the OP posted.

I called the admissions office, and I was told that there is a glitch on the site. Final decisions have not been made.

i just tried logging in: it said status page is currently offline.

they've caught on to us!

can someone paste the status page link please? cant seem to find it.

mmz6

status offline... damn

so here's what im thinking... i think the committee has met and made some decisions..and accidentally posted the waitlist info for those who have been waitlisted. I mean, i dont think that the "waitlist tier 1" info would have accidentally appeared if someone didn't actually type it in. maybe they didn't mean for that info to be posted so soon? i'm not sure....

BUT...for those of us who didn't have "waitlist tier 1" on our status pages before they took the site down...does that mean we were either accepted/rejected based on our initial committee review?? man...im PRAYING i got in..and for all of you too! good luck all! if anyone calls...please post what the deal is!

Members don't see this ad :)
I did not even get to check before the status page went offline. I am fearing a waitlist and this could have confirmed it. :( :( :( :(

I checked mine earlier this morning and got nothing besides what the original poster said :( I don't think we should take too much into this. For databases to be updated, they could have globally updated all the interviewees to "Preliminary Review completed" just to test to make sure it works and gave a few people Waitlist ranking to make sure that works as well. Give them time! :)

-Entol

possibly.. but thats kinda stupid. they could have just made dummy (fake) students to do their tests on and not have this problem.

mmz6

I could be wrong about this, but I think the "Preliminary..." message was there when I logged on to schedule my interview. If I had to guess I'd say that message means you haven't been up for a final review yet.

usmaple, did your page actually post the words "Tippy Top"?

UPenn has put a message on the status page explaining what happened, so any waitlist info that you saw may not be accurate. Good luck everyone! Only 2 weeks to go from today! :)

Originally posted by jaycee
usmaple, did your page actually post the words "Tippy Top"?

Yep, "Waitlist Tippy Top". I'm not sure if that's good or bad.

Originally posted by usmaple
Yep, "Waitlist Tippy Top". I'm not sure if that's good or bad.
Well, it's certainly funny. I'd leave it at that.

Penn's post-interview statuses last year were "top of tier 1", "tier 1", and "tier 2"... One assumes that Tier 2 = rejection, but I'm actually not sure of this point. I was top of tier 1 waitlist last year, but I know others who were not "top of the waitlist" who were offered spots off of the waitlist.

I don't know what this early status posting means either. It may be that they've accidentally let some info slip or that there's just a glitch and it means nothing. I'm not sure the admissions office would like me asking them about it.

Thanks for the info all.

Penn just sent an email addressing this mishap. Here's the legalese:

It says over this past weekend, Penn SOM experienced problems with one of their database servers. Any information viewed was test data and may not accurately reflect admissions decisions. The status page will be down until technical problems are resolved. And, final decisions will be posted by March 15th in accordance with AAMC traffic rules.

MAN! this was one of the only weekends I didn't check my status......good thing too, maybe a phatty "REJECTION" would have killed my otherwise great weekend. Man, I don't know if I can wait 2 more weeks!!!!!!!!!:scared: :scared: !!!!!!!!!!

Anyone know if UPenn is still offering interview invites? I gave up on them months ago, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

But then if they're saying they're sending out all final decisions by March 15th, then that must already be an automatic rejection for all the non-interviewed people.

Yup, Twizzlers, I'm sorry to tell you that your conclusion is correct. Penn stopped interviewing sometime in February.

It sure would be nice if these schools were courteous enough to at least send something saying they were done... and we didn't make the first cut. I mean, you'd think that our app fees would at least get us that! Tho' it didn't happen to me at Penn, I'm in this boat for a bunch of other schools, and it really sucks! :(

ARGH!!!!! This is so frustrating!!!! I'm not sure if I'm glad that I didn't have a chance to check it this morning, or not glad.... on the one hand, anything that I would have seen MAY have been inaccurate, or may not have been..... I guess that thinking about the information's accuracy would have driven me crazy for the following 2 weeks.... on the other hand, knowing that I had the opportunity to see something and didn't realize it is also frustrating..... so this is all I have to say to Penn Admissions: +pissed+

Quid ;)

Penn stopped interviewing sometime in February.

Yeah, I was guessing they were already done... Thanks for the info, and good luck to you. :)

Originally posted by periodic
Thanks for the info all.

Penn just sent an email addressing this mishap. Here's the legalese:

It says over this past weekend, Penn SOM experienced problems with one of their database servers. Any information viewed was test data and may not accurately reflect admissions decisions. The status page will be down until technical problems are resolved. And, final decisions will be posted by March 15th in accordance with AAMC traffic rules.

I didn't get this email. Did most of you get it?

I didn't get it either...

I've been wondering about this too. I didn't get the e-mail either.

Here's my contribution to the attempt at reading-more-into-what-happened-than-we-really-should-be anxiety-generating-speculation... ;)

Maybe the people whose status reflected "waitlist" (whether it was tier 1 or something else) received the e-mail b/c Penn was feeling particularly bad about the possibility that they saw this info? And for those of us who weren't told anything in particular - they didn't bother sending us the e-mail.

Can anyone who got "Tier 1 Waitlist" confirm or deny this idea?

Originally posted by FinallyOnMyWay
I've been wondering about this too. I didn't get the e-mail either.

Here's my contribution to the attempt at reading-more-into-what-happened-than-we-really-should-be anxiety-generating-speculation... ;)

Maybe the people whose status reflected "waitlist" (whether it was tier 1 or something else) received the e-mail b/c Penn was feeling particularly bad about the possibility that they saw this info? And for those of us who weren't told anything in particular - they didn't bother sending us the e-mail.

Can anyone who got "Tier 1 Waitlist" confirm or deny this idea?

That's what I thought. Can someone confirm it?

nope. I got the "Waitlist Tier 1" but no follow-up email.

at first i thought this whole thread was another one of those fake-out-made-ya-look posts. doh.

What weirdness. Something about large institutions and computer systems never seem to mix well. Here's to good luck for us all.

:hardy::clap: :hardy: :clap: :hardy: :clap: :hardy:

Originally posted by periodic
What weirdness. Something about large institutions and computer systems never seem to mix well. Here's to good luck for us all.

:hardy::clap: :hardy: :clap: :hardy: :clap: :hardy:

Yeah, Stanford, Duke, and Penn have had a lot of computer issues over the past few years. I think its mainly because they are in the process of migration between systems though.

Originally posted by morecowbell
didn't check my status but i got the email and it was sent to:

[email protected]

just another piece to analyze..hehe

I wonder if that means that they sent it to everybody who applied? In previous emails (the financial aid info, black history month info), the email was sent to [email protected].

I know I am analyzing too much but there is nothing to do from now until March 15ish.

Maybe adm is for admits and int is for interviewees?

-Entol

Originally posted by missmod
I wonder if that means that they sent it to everybody who applied? In previous emails (the financial aid info, black history month info), the email was sent to [email protected].

I know I am analyzing too much but there is nothing to do from now until March 15ish.

Originally posted by Entol
Maybe adm is for admits and int is for interviewees?

-Entol

I really doubt they'd make one blunder on top of another. I bet the IT person just had an incomplete list.

yeah...i think the group of people they emailed was incomplete...because i did not have any waitlist notification when i check my status yesterday morning, and i didn't get the email. and i'm HOPING i wont be flat out rejected...

they are being pretty ******ed about this. anyway...if anyone calls or gets more info...please post!

adms2004 is the generic e-mail address that they send things from out of the admissions office. I just assumed that they put that in the "to:" field and then BCC'ed the students. I wouldn't read too much into it.

I didn't receive the last email, but I did receive something from [email protected] earlier in the year about the status page (I think once I submitted my secondary). I was worried that adms meant admitted too, but thankfully it looks like it doesn't mean anything like that.

Yikes, March is going to be an up and down month!!

did anyone get the email that saw they were on the waiting list? man i wish i checked my status over the weekend, or maybe it is for the best this way.

does anyone know if PENN is still planning on sending us an email when the status page will reflect our decisions? Also, the status page/email said that decisions will be posted by March 15th....so does anyone know if the are planning on telling us before then? any help from current students or people who know would be appreciated! with all this technical crap on their website..it makes me wanna +pissed+

They will e-mail you when they change the status page. This will happen when they darn well please. Last year they also said that decisions would be posted by March 15th and they were a week late. The MD/PhD applicants, who had the same deadline, heard even later and I didn't get my waitlist until the beginning of April.