Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I see a lot of threads on here of nursing majors or nurses with a degree that have decided to go the medicine route. Question is, why did you all choose medicine over nursing? It's something I've been asking myself recently.
Both my parents are nurses, but they both encouraged me to become a doctor instead of a nurse because I was "too smart for nursing" and "nurses get no respect." I don't want to put down nurses in any way and I respect them tremendously, but does everyone else tend to feel like nursing is sort of an easier way to be involved in healthcare?
Both my parents are nurses, but they both encouraged me to become a doctor instead of a nurse because I was "too smart for nursing" and "nurses get no respect." I don't want to put down nurses in any way and I respect them tremendously, but does everyone else tend to feel like nursing is sort of an easier way to be involved in healthcare?


. I am going to go to med school for my own reasons, not because I have to wipe butt (btw what do you think CNAs do?), that's pretty rare I do actually...a handful of posters have no respect for nurses but THEY ARE your eyes an ears at most times, an if you okay with saying they need no dedication/intelligence/ clinicals skills that is your own prerogative.
you might be.