You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
The Official 08/12/2011 MCAT Club!
Started by ohnolita
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Good luck tomorrow everyone! My advice is don't come back on here until scores are ready. Everyone (including myself) panics after the test and seeing everyone else panic just makes things worse. Just remember that the tests are standardized so even if you think you got an exceptionally hard test, you'll probably still get around your average.
Hope everyone is able to relax today!
Hope everyone is able to relax today!
Good luck to everyone tomorrow! We can do it!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
gl to you all
esp. to MDMinded =)
Just wanted everyone to know I got a 44 on AAMC 11.
Gotcha 😀.
Good luck everyone, and no matter what, believe in yourself. It really is the secret to the MCAT, especially verbal.
After a week from hell (really), I decided it was worth it to take a practice test tonight and get myself in an MCAT frame of mind.
Scored my personal best on AAMC 11, first time taking it. Super pumped about the 2pm today.
Let's do this guys and gals!
Scored my personal best on AAMC 11, first time taking it. Super pumped about the 2pm today.
Let's do this guys and gals!

hey everyone, good luck on your exams today.
go pwn some azz my brothers... i'll be in your shoes in a week's time 😱
voided it, too many calculations in PS and ran out of time
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
voided it, too many calculations in PS and ran out of time
How can you even be done already
How can you even be done already
I think s/he might've taken the 8am one in the east coast?
What date will our scores come out around?
Pretty sure it's September 13th.
Having my lunch now, about to leave in like 15 minutes. Who's bringing notes? I wanted to bring orgo but I think I'm just going to bring my hormones sheet and the gchem relationships thing.
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

😀How can you even be done already
Not that surprising, I finished mine at about 11:40 but it took me an hour to get home. Some places let you start early if you get there early enough, I started my exam at 7:30 am.
Not that surprising, I finished mine at about 11:40 but it took me an hour to get home. Some places let you start early if you get there early enough, I started my exam at 7:30 am.
Did you not take any breaks and finish some sections early?
It should at least take a little more then 4 hours and 10 min.
Leaving in 30 minutes. GL guys let's do this 😀😀😀
Did you not take any breaks and finish some sections early?
It should at least take a little more then 4 hours and 10 min.
I took all my breaks but finished them all in 6-8 minutes. I finished my WS early on both prompts. I think each one took somewhat less than 20 minutes.
That was a reasonably tough test.
as the MCAT is not a feel good test i have mixed emotions.... BS was definitely very verbal-like.... so was PS. definitely tougher than all the AAMC tests i took.... i did 5/8/10/11.
I'd be glad to have any of those tests live anyday over today's lol 🙂
as the MCAT is not a feel good test i have mixed emotions.... BS was definitely very verbal-like.... so was PS. definitely tougher than all the AAMC tests i took.... i did 5/8/10/11.
I'd be glad to have any of those tests live anyday over today's lol 🙂
gl to you all
esp. to MDMinded =)
Thanks Kehlsh 🙂
WE ARE DONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNE! Now to wait another month.
That was a reasonably tough test.
as the MCAT is not a feel good test i have mixed emotions.... BS was definitely very verbal-like.... so was PS. definitely tougher than all the AAMC tests i took.... i did 5/8/10/11.
I'd be glad to have any of those tests live anyday over today's lol 🙂
I was happy with my orgo to bio ratio... 🙂
PS seemed pretty balanced for me. Not too many calculations that were ridiculous. I thought it was straightforward. Though it could also mean that I'm an idiot.
How can you even be done already
My thoughts exactly.
Okay, now I will step away from SDN so as to stop multiple postings in the same thread. I should have just consolidated...
WHOOHOOOOOOOO DONE!!!
OMG IT FEELS SO GOOD !! LOL
8AMer here.👍
This morning I was sooo stressed I tried to swallow my B-Vitamin and ended up barfing and not feeling good 🙁
But I went into there all prepared with food and snacks. The Prometric center is actually pretty nice! I got into the mindset of things. Overall, I thought that I did my personal best, but who knows. I'd predict 30-35 since the sciences were harder.
PS- Harder but similar to the practice exams. There were a couple weird wtf questions that I'd never seen before. But on aamc 11 I got 14 so I trusted myself w these. I know I def know I missed a few questions. Felt I hit above 10ish though. Avg for PS has been 12ish.
VR- THIS. I was sooo worried about this because on all the practices I ran out of time and was severely hurt by rushing and/or not understanding the main ideas. But I was sooo glad, that at the last passage I still had 13minutes! I had enought time to read slowly too, or what felt like it at least, to grasp the main point of each. Idk if it was the stress but Im hoping I did the best ever on this VR. My avg is a 8-9 on the practices though, so Idont want to speak to soon, but those are all cuz Id usually run out of time. I really felt like the passages were fair, althought a bit longer 🙂
BS- There were some tricky orgo Questions, and a couple passages reminiscent of past aamcs. I felt really good though. It was just like aamc11 except harder difficulty wise. Expecting 10ish. Average for BS is 12 though. I Think there were some tricks I might've missed.
Overall impression: FAIR TEST, slightly harder than aamcs. I would highly advise anyone just to do the old editions, so you can really get your endurance up to par. On test day, my previous practice paid off cuz I was on right pace with all the sections. Now it's just time to relax since I know I gave it my best and now its outta my control 😀
OMG IT FEELS SO GOOD !! LOL
8AMer here.👍
This morning I was sooo stressed I tried to swallow my B-Vitamin and ended up barfing and not feeling good 🙁
But I went into there all prepared with food and snacks. The Prometric center is actually pretty nice! I got into the mindset of things. Overall, I thought that I did my personal best, but who knows. I'd predict 30-35 since the sciences were harder.
PS- Harder but similar to the practice exams. There were a couple weird wtf questions that I'd never seen before. But on aamc 11 I got 14 so I trusted myself w these. I know I def know I missed a few questions. Felt I hit above 10ish though. Avg for PS has been 12ish.
VR- THIS. I was sooo worried about this because on all the practices I ran out of time and was severely hurt by rushing and/or not understanding the main ideas. But I was sooo glad, that at the last passage I still had 13minutes! I had enought time to read slowly too, or what felt like it at least, to grasp the main point of each. Idk if it was the stress but Im hoping I did the best ever on this VR. My avg is a 8-9 on the practices though, so Idont want to speak to soon, but those are all cuz Id usually run out of time. I really felt like the passages were fair, althought a bit longer 🙂

BS- There were some tricky orgo Questions, and a couple passages reminiscent of past aamcs. I felt really good though. It was just like aamc11 except harder difficulty wise. Expecting 10ish. Average for BS is 12 though. I Think there were some tricks I might've missed.
Overall impression: FAIR TEST, slightly harder than aamcs. I would highly advise anyone just to do the old editions, so you can really get your endurance up to par. On test day, my previous practice paid off cuz I was on right pace with all the sections. Now it's just time to relax since I know I gave it my best and now its outta my control 😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When you say orgo to bio ratio was good, do you mean half and half or more like only 1 passage of orgo today?
Aug 12, morning test.
Felt it was OK overall.
Found PS harder than most AAMCs. For the first time, I ran out of time and literally guessed 3 questions. -.-"
Verbal seemed on par with the AAMCs
Bio was, again, harder than the AAMCs but good overall.
Essay felt OK.
Now to await Sept 13, 3.21pm
Felt it was OK overall.
Found PS harder than most AAMCs. For the first time, I ran out of time and literally guessed 3 questions. -.-"
Verbal seemed on par with the AAMCs
Bio was, again, harder than the AAMCs but good overall.
Essay felt OK.
Now to await Sept 13, 3.21pm
Aug 12, morning test.
Felt it was OK overall.
Found PS harder than most AAMCs. For the first time, I ran out of time and literally guessed 3 questions. -.-"
Verbal seemed on par with the AAMCs
Bio was, again, harder than the AAMCs but good overall.
Essay felt OK.
Now to await Sept 13, 3.21pm
same thing. BS was ok i suppose guessed a few at the end, but overall it involved alot of educated guessing based on the passage.
PS was ok too
same thing. BS was ok i suppose guessed a few at the end, but overall it involved alot of educated guessing based on the passage.
PS was ok too
Definitely a lot more guessing than any of the practices. 😴
8 AM taker here as well -
PS - not as bad as it could be
VR - you never know but passages were readable
Writing - decent topics
BS - lot harder than the ones on AAMC and not too much orgo which sort of disappointed me but as many of those on SDN have said, BR is testing more of how well you can read passages as well
Let's all hope for the best -
PS - not as bad as it could be
VR - you never know but passages were readable
Writing - decent topics
BS - lot harder than the ones on AAMC and not too much orgo which sort of disappointed me but as many of those on SDN have said, BR is testing more of how well you can read passages as well
Let's all hope for the best -
Definitely a lot more guessing than any of the practices. 😴
Agreed. I found myself either narrowing down to two and guessing or being like NOT ENOUGH TIME, THIS ANSWER LOOKS PRETTY MOOOOOOOOOVING ON.
8 AM taker here as well -
PS - not as bad as it could be
VR - you never know but passages were readable
Writing - decent topics
BS - lot harder than the ones on AAMC and not too much orgo which sort of disappointed me but as many of those on SDN have said, BR is testing more of how well you can read passages as well
Let's all hope for the best -
BS was a lot like good ol' verbal, huh?
was orgo passage or discretes today?
Agreed. I found myself either narrowing down to two and guessing or being like NOT ENOUGH TIME, THIS ANSWER LOOKS PRETTY MOOOOOOOOOVING ON.
BS was a lot like good ol' verbal, huh?
definitely and much harder when picking the right choice
8am-Bio was rough
agreed
Also a 2pm-er...VR SUCKED. PS=meh, Bio= 😀
And writing felt surprisingly...familiar 🙂
And writing felt surprisingly...familiar 🙂
Last edited:
Never taken a real MCAT before, so this was my first experience with "live rounds," as it were. 2pm taker here. I felt VR was fair and BS wasnt awful, though I was really not on my game for the orgo passages. I know what the above poster is talking about and all I will say is that yes there were 2 choices that *seemed* identical, but in reality one was sort of a high level cause while the other was the actual explanation the question was looking for (I think). A VERY verbal-ish type question to test reading comprehension.
I wasnt thrilled with PS, but though the areas I am weakest in were mostly absent so that's a good thing. I can think of one or two stupid mistakes, but overall I think it probably could have been worse.
I was fully expecting longer verbal passages than on the practice tests as that has been emphasized here on SDN, but still I did find I was having to make some hasty but educated guesses on the last passage as time ran low. I am upset I let it get ahead of me a bit, but VR is my strong suit so I am hoping I did alright.
Ultimately lots of hope, but if I am being honest, I suspect I did a point or two lower than my average. Certainly a very humbling experience, but I will hope for the best.
Taking a couple days off, probably won't be checking SDN much until the scores come out. Good luck to everyone!
I wasnt thrilled with PS, but though the areas I am weakest in were mostly absent so that's a good thing. I can think of one or two stupid mistakes, but overall I think it probably could have been worse.
I was fully expecting longer verbal passages than on the practice tests as that has been emphasized here on SDN, but still I did find I was having to make some hasty but educated guesses on the last passage as time ran low. I am upset I let it get ahead of me a bit, but VR is my strong suit so I am hoping I did alright.
Ultimately lots of hope, but if I am being honest, I suspect I did a point or two lower than my average. Certainly a very humbling experience, but I will hope for the best.
Taking a couple days off, probably won't be checking SDN much until the scores come out. Good luck to everyone!
And verbal felt surprisingly...familiar 🙂
I had to laugh! I almost didn't believe it.
And verbal felt surprisingly...familiar 🙂
I had to laugh! I almost didn't believe it.
Hmm? Now I'm curious...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had a terrible time with verbal today. I usually rely on science passages to keep my confidence up, because they are the only ones I understand well, and of course, there were ZERO sciences passages in verbal for me today. That was horrible. I'm screwed. Guessed on a whole passage completely. My AAMC verbal scores were 9,11,10, then 7. I felt like this time was a lot like the 7 I made. I really hope I'm wrong.
Didn't finish the last passage in verbal. Just guessed on most of those. There was this one passage about economics/politics that just didn't make much sense & I just stared at the screen like what the hell?
The physics was my my best subject. I think I need to practice mirrors questions & refraction stuff more.
The bio section screwed me with all the orgo that was on it. I didn't study orgo besides the extreme basics (sn1, sn2, general concepts), & didn't memorize/learn any mechanisms which I think would have helped.
I don't know --- to me, it just seems like orgo is just a lot of random **** to memorize with little peculiarities here & there & exceptions to this or that. Definitely feel a lot of the times like I'm twisting concepts around with it.
Can anyone give me advice as to what the next step should be? I took this MCAT a little later than I should this summer (today), & I am applying THIS summer but my score won't come out until mid-September. My GPA is a 3.46 overall, & I want to go MD. I know that the only way is to get a better MCAT score (35+) to show that I'm smart, so I'm hoping that the September one will be better. My only concern though is if I'm "too late" for applying.
What can I do to be safe? I do plan on taking it one more time in September btw. If I did bad on today's MCAT, & MD schools see that score when I submit my application around September 12, will taking the September 10th MCAT have no effect? The reason why I say this is because what if the medical schools just reject my application based on a poor mcat + poor gpa?
The physics was my my best subject. I think I need to practice mirrors questions & refraction stuff more.
The bio section screwed me with all the orgo that was on it. I didn't study orgo besides the extreme basics (sn1, sn2, general concepts), & didn't memorize/learn any mechanisms which I think would have helped.
I don't know --- to me, it just seems like orgo is just a lot of random **** to memorize with little peculiarities here & there & exceptions to this or that. Definitely feel a lot of the times like I'm twisting concepts around with it.
Can anyone give me advice as to what the next step should be? I took this MCAT a little later than I should this summer (today), & I am applying THIS summer but my score won't come out until mid-September. My GPA is a 3.46 overall, & I want to go MD. I know that the only way is to get a better MCAT score (35+) to show that I'm smart, so I'm hoping that the September one will be better. My only concern though is if I'm "too late" for applying.
What can I do to be safe? I do plan on taking it one more time in September btw. If I did bad on today's MCAT, & MD schools see that score when I submit my application around September 12, will taking the September 10th MCAT have no effect? The reason why I say this is because what if the medical schools just reject my application based on a poor mcat + poor gpa?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 5
- Views
- 6K
E
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
E
